uniqs

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to Nels

to Nels

Re: Quantum Gateway Router

Has anyone noticed any VPN issues with the new router?
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

said by frankpf3:

Has anyone noticed any VPN issues with the new router?

I've read that a lot are seeing slow downs when using vpn with them.
malves
join:2003-03-22
Westminster, CA

malves to arjun90

to arjun90
>>Where are the QOS settings?

I am looking for them myself. All I see are just the wireless WMM settings. The manual says to call Technical support for QOS. Is there a hidden menu for it somewhere? Surely someone knows.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

2 edits

frankpf3 to Nels

to Nels
Guys, it's at the point where my client boxes (3 of them) are literally rebooting constantly due to connection loss to VMS, and also having picture stuttering. I'm not sure if it's the crappy software on the VMS causing this, the new gateway router I introduced, or both. It's at the point that it is annoying and unwatchable.

Watching TV on the VMS is fine.

Do any of you have any ideas or temporary solutions?

Want to talk of software rollouts and freezes? In my field, when there is a production problem it is addressed immediately, regardless of a freeze or not.

This Verizon, is a major production problem and should be addressed immediately.
Myzteziz
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

said by frankpf3:

Guys, it's at the point where my client boxes (3 of them) are literally rebooting constantly due to connection loss to VMS, and also having picture stuttering. I'm not sure if it's the crappy software on the VMS causing this, the new gateway router I introduced, or both. It's at the point that it is annoying and unwatchable.

Watching TV on the VMS is fine.

Do any of you have any ideas or temporary solutions?

Want to talk of software rollouts and freezes? In my field, when there is a production problem it is addressed immediately, regardless of a freeze or not.

This Verizon, is a major production problem and should be addressed immediately.

I haven't had any freezes or crashes since I got the gateway on my vms or client. No picture issues either. Only issue I saw was when I would watch a recorded show I wouldn't be able to do anything like fast fwd, stop, etc. for a minute or 2 then it would allow me. I haven't seen the issue repeat for a few days though so no idea if it was the gateway or just my vms. Things have been running smooth otherwise and if I think about it a little better. I'm not seeing any guide lag at all which I would see with the rev. i. at times.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to Nels

Premium Member

to Nels
The new router arrived yesterday and is up and running. By the way, what does Verizon want us to do with the old router? Unlike a replacement shipment after a technical support call, there are no instructions, UPS labels, etc., for shipping back the old router.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to Myzteziz

to Myzteziz
My clients are constantly losing connection to the VMS. It's at the point that's it's unbearable. Not sure what to do at this point.
Myzteziz
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz to SixOfNine

to SixOfNine
said by SixOfNine:

The new router arrived yesterday and is up and running. By the way, what does Verizon want us to do with the old router? Unlike a replacement shipment after a technical support call, there are no instructions, UPS labels, etc., for shipping back the old router.

If you don't own the old router there should have been a return shipping label included in the box when you received the new router. You would have just put the old router in the same box, put the label on it and shipped it back out. I would contact them and let them know you didn't receive a return label.
You can go to a UPS store and they will package it up and mail it for you or if you have a fios store around you that does equipment returns you could easily bring it there.
Myzteziz

Myzteziz to frankpf3

to frankpf3
said by frankpf3:

My clients are constantly losing connection to the VMS. It's at the point that's it's unbearable. Not sure what to do at this point.

Have you tried doing a hard reset of the router? I had to hard reset mine when I first got it because I was having signal issues, but the hard reset fixed it.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3

I have reset, but never hard reset it. I was contemplating puting back the actiontec rev i, and see if the client problems go away.

I guess I could hard reset the router also. Is that where you have to stick a paper clip in the red hole in the back?

and what were your signal issues?

mpagri
@173.62.166.x

mpagri to Myzteziz

Anon

to Myzteziz
I have been having terrible LAN speeds with my verizon setup. They refuse to help with this and constantly try to sell me an upgrade to my internet speed.

I am currently on an actiontec router and I am assuming the router is the bottle neck.

I am trying to access practice software from a server machine inside the office from all the client computers (only about 6 computers total), all but one of the computers are wireless. The software runs incredibly slow on the clients and when I do a LAN speed test the test times are very slow.

I ordered this QGR to upgrade from my actiontec, I am hoping that helps to solve the bottleneck. Running wired connections is not feasible.

The other option I guess is switching from Moca to ethernet and then buying my own router.

Do you guys have any insight as to what else can slow LAN speed? Should I upgrade my speed anyway, will that help? I am only 15/5 right now.

I'll update with the QGR arrives next week.
Lefky
join:2003-08-01
united state

Lefky to Nels

to Nels
I called Support because of my signal dropping issue. According to support they ran diagnostics on the Quantum remotely and received a report that I am having channel interference. They remotely changed my channel from automatic to 11 which reported no interference. I confirmed the change and will post a follow-up if it solves my dropouts.
Myzteziz
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz to frankpf3

to frankpf3
said by frankpf3:

I have reset, but never hard reset it. I was contemplating puting back the actiontec rev i, and see if the client problems go away.

I guess I could hard reset the router also. Is that where you have to stick a paper clip in the red hole in the back?

and what were your signal issues?

Yea the hard reset is putting something in the small reset hole on the back. I would do that and see if it fixes it. You'll have to re-configure any settings you already changed again, but if it fixes the issue it will be worth it.
I was having poor signal issues no matter what channel I set the router to on both bands. I could be next to the router and the signal was bad.
Did the hard reset and it fixed whatever the issue was as I now can get full signal.
Myzteziz

Myzteziz to Lefky

to Lefky
said by Lefky:

I called Support because of my signal dropping issue. According to support they ran diagnostics on the Quantum remotely and received a report that I am having channel interference. They remotely changed my channel from automatic to 11 which reported no interference. I confirmed the change and will post a follow-up if it solves my dropouts.

You can download and install inSSIDer which can help you see channel interference in your area. Which ones are being used the most, the least, etc..
It's a really handy tool imo.

»www.techspot.com/downloa ··· der.html

TG
@148.129.71.x

TG

Anon

There are two USB ports on the back.
From the user manual:

USB - provides up to 500 mA at 5 VDC for attached devices.
For example, you could charge a cell phone. In the future, with a
firmware upgrade, the USB host functionality may be available for
other devices, such as external storage and cameras. Firmware
updates are performed automatically by Verizon.

Assuming a future firmware upgrade allows external USB hard drives, would I be able to do wireless Apple Time Machine backups with a hard drive connected to the Quantum Gateway Router, instead of having to purchase and bridge an Apple Time Capsule?

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

Don't count on it. That wording has been in the Actiontec manual for years and has never been enabled. VZ has no reason to enable it. It simply creates support issues for VZ with no benefit.

TG
@148.129.71.x

TG

Anon

I guess I won't hold my breath.

The Actiontec manual's wording was "will be available" while the Quantum Gateway manual's wording is "may be available."

jerseyshore
@108.35.183.x

jerseyshore to arjun90

Anon

to arjun90

Re: Quantum Gateway / r7000

hello-

just got fios - Can't get great signal throughout house with quantum gateway and signal drops - used to get perfect signal when I had comcast with my R7000 nighthawk. Can you explain how to hook up both together?
maybe this will solve my problem.

thanks

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

said by jerseyshore :

Can you explain how to hook up both together?

»Verizon FiOS FAQ »Can I use my wireless or an extra router along with the Verizon provided router?

TG
@148.129.71.x

TG to jerseyshore

Anon

to jerseyshore
Here are some instructions for bridge mode on the r7000

»kb.netgear.com/app/answe ··· id/20831

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to Nels

to Nels

Re: Quantum Gateway Router

Well Guys.......I figured it out. It was the sh*ty Quantum Gateway Router causing all my VMS clients to keep stuttering and freezing. I put back the Actiontec Rev I and all is fine.

Nice of Verizon to test the "Quantum" router with the "Quantnum" STB's.

I will be returning this hunk of junk tomorrow to my local Verizon store and getting my $150.00 back.

And yes I will make sure I am getting a return receipt. I expect to be now fighting with billing for the next 6 months to remove the charge.

Unbelievable.

Myzteziz
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

Did you even try hard resetting it before switching them out? I have 0 issues with mine since I did it. Maybe it was a dud or something wasnt provisioned correctly with it.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3

yes i tried the hard reset. didn't help.
malves
join:2003-03-22
Westminster, CA

malves

said by malves:

>>Where are the QOS settings?

I am looking for them myself. All I see are just the wireless WMM settings. The manual says to call Technical support for QOS. Is there a hidden menu for it somewhere? Surely someone knows.

Bump.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to Nels

to Nels
Returned the un-tested router on saturday. Ready for the Billing BullSh*t to start soon...............

The actiontec Rev I is rock solid with the Quantum boxes. No problems whatsoever.
blushrts
join:2001-01-06
New Cumberland, PA

blushrts to Nels

to Nels
Is anyone with the new router having issues with the router losing connection? I've had to reset mine about 4 times now with it either losing connection (red internet light) or showing connected but not allowing any of my devices onto the internet.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

said by blushrts:

Is anyone with the new router having issues with the router losing connection? I've had to reset mine about 4 times now with it either losing connection (red internet light) or showing connected but not allowing any of my devices onto the internet.

I've had some issues with the wireless only. Unfortunately, it has happened with me at work trying to troubleshoot with my wife over the phone.
poppagene
join:2001-11-21
Bethesda, MD

poppagene to Myzteziz

to Myzteziz
said by Myzteziz:

If you don't own the old router there should have been a return shipping label included in the box when you received the new router. You would have just put the old router in the same box, put the label on it and shipped it back out. I would contact them and let them know you didn't receive a return label.

If I received the router for free with the FiOS installation, do I "own" the router or does it need to go back to Verizon when I install the Quantum Router? The packing list had a return label for return service with an RMA # but no further instructions.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

You rent the router if it comes "free"
poppagene
join:2001-11-21
Bethesda, MD

poppagene

said by Smith6612: