Search similar:

uniqs
fcfc2
join:2014-05-17

1 edit

1 recommendation

fcfc2

Quantum Gateway Router (G1100) Available and On Sale

I just finished calling Verizon and ordered a new Quantum Gateway Router (G1100), regularily $99.95 on promotional sale for $74.95 plus $5.95 shipping. I have been waiting for this for a while mainly for the dual band and MoCA 2.0. I don't know how long the promotion is on, the delivery information was 5-7 days. Don't know how long the promotional price will last.
EDIT: This is all bad information, no matter what the phone reps say, if you order one thinking you will get the Greenwave G1100, you will get the Actiontec Rev. I. The actual G1100 has started to roll out but only in parts of Virginia and very limited areas in Mass.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3

Can you order online?
fcfc2

fcfc2

I looked online but could not find anything there, it might be, but I couldn't find it. From the sound of it, it is just available possibly even starting today as I have heard of no other reports of it being around until now. Call Verizon if you want one for sure.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

1 recommendation

Myzteziz

Are you sure they didn't mess with you and order you a rev. i? The prices you are stating are exactly that of the rev. i.
I won't believe it until I see it myself because I was told the routers arent yet available at all. Keep us posted.

Rattler
join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

2 recommendations

Rattler to fcfc2

to fcfc2
I was just looking at package pricing and the Quantum Gateway is $150, not $100. I've attached the pricing page above. They quoted you on a Rev. I A/T at $75 special pricing...

Either that or you'll get billed $150 + $6 shipping if it is the newest router.
swope1221
join:2008-08-26
Newtown, PA

swope1221

Aside from the wireless, are there any other advantages of the Quantum Gateway versus the Rev. I? I ask because I have the Rev. I, but due to our split level house, I have purchased the Verizon network extenders on the Verizon teleproducts page, 4 to be exact, and they provide me with 2.4 and 5 Ghz wireless networks all thru my house.
fcfc2

1 recommendation

fcfc2

The scepticism was well warranted, anyone trying to order one of the new dual band AC G1100 units will actually be getting the older Rev.I, no matter what a phone rep tells you. I have confirmed this via tech support. It has started to be rolled out but only in parts of Virginia and very limited areas in Mass. They are not likely to start making this readily available untll they have time to sort out the invariable bugs in the firmware etc. and will likely be rolled out in regions step by step as they sort out problems / issues. When available, the price will be $150 and promotions are unlikely.
fcfc2

fcfc2 to swope1221

to swope1221
Hi swope1221,
Given the equipment you already have you should be well covered for the forseeable future. You must have one big house to use a router and 4 of those extenders. The technical advantages of the new G1100 from my view are MoCA 2.0 and 5GHz AC wifi speed. Your equipment is MoCA 1.1 and the top 5GHz speed is 300Mbps, but there are no currently available MoCA 2.0 adapters available and by using your 5Ghz and/ or the ethernet ports on the Extenders, you should be fine.
swope1221
join:2008-08-26
Newtown, PA

swope1221

Hi fcfc2, I wish it was as big as it sounded, but it is old, so plaster and lathe walls everywhere and router in basement, so signal doesn't reach bedroom two levels above it. Will the G1100 work better with the Quantum TV setup than the Rev I, allow things to process faster, etc.? That's my main interest.

My two laptops only have N wifi cards, so they wouldn't make use of the 5GHz AC speed anyway.
fcfc2

fcfc2

Hi again,
If you have a DVDR from Fios, possibly, but, unless you are experiencing pixalation / studdering on playback probably not. If you could get a cat 6 cable from your basement router to your first floor, you could possibly get some benefit from a newer AC router configured as a wireless access point(ethernet to main router). I use a Dlink 868L 1750 AC as an ap for my wireless and I get good coverage but I don't have the construction you have. I would go slowly before investing anymore and if you order a non Fios AC router, do it from somewhere that has a good return policy. Good luck

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to fcfc2

to fcfc2
Where and how did you get that screen shot from?

Rattler
Havertown, PA

1 recommendation

Rattler

said by frankpf3:

Where and how did you get that screen shot from?

I logged into My Verizon : Accounts & Services : Add/Upgrade Services : Wireless Routers (on left). That screen pops up.

I don't know if what you see is controlled regionally so YMMV...

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3

There is nothing on the left for me that says wireless routers.

Rattler
Havertown, PA

1 recommendation

Rattler

Click for full size
said by frankpf3:

There is nothing on the left for me that says wireless routers.

Attached is an image of the page that has the wireless routers link.
fcfc2

fcfc2

Hi Rattler,
That option is not available on my account either. I am not sure exactly why but I think as far as the new G1100 router is concerned, it may not be available on accounts that don't have it available to their areas yet or possibly close to be rolled out in their areas. IN other words, it may show up at the same time or shortly before a planned roll out. If you see it though, I would think you can order it.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to Rattler

to Rattler
Yep, I do not have that link on my account. I wonder when it will be available for VHO5?

Rattler
Havertown, PA

Rattler

Hmmm...

You'd think that they'd have that link available, even if only the A/T is listed...

HouseHome
There's Nothing Like Home
join:2000-10-25
Silver Spring, MD

HouseHome

Hey Mr. Rattler and all others

At 12:10, just a few minutes ago, I indeed had a delivery from UPS. I got a FiOS Quantum Gateway G1100. (I will take pictures if anyone wants them) In the box you will get 1 G1100 router, 2 coax jumpers (for set top to t.v.) 1 splitter moca 2.0.2 port, 1 fios self-install guide, 1 f-81 coupler 2GHZ, 1 customer receipt with order number and equipment activation code, 2 ethernet cables and a quick setup guide. I can confirm 100% that this is the new FiOS Quantum Gateway G1100 router.

Cheers

Nels
join:2007-03-13
Arlington, VA

Nels

Congratulations! I hope mine comes today.

HouseHome
Silver Spring, MD

HouseHome

Thanks Nels,

Check out the pictures and see what you are going to get. Good on Verizon for following through. I'm going to be happy with the double band. The 2.4 band in my neighborhood has heavy traffic all of the time.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to Rattler

to Rattler
Maybe because I already have the Rev I actiontec?
frankpf3

frankpf3 to HouseHome

to HouseHome
What the hell is one spliter going to do? I have 3 splitters before the run hits the router from the ONT.

HouseHome
Silver Spring, MD

HouseHome

Not sure. Setups are like snowflakes, no two are alike. I haven't had time to really figure out what I'm going to do with that splitter just yet. I do think I will have a use for it in my setup. I just don't know right now.
Expand your moderator at work