spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Downgrade Package

Have Triple Play with the Ultimate package. Not finding it worth the money. Does anybody know if you can switch to a lower tier package during your contract term (I know it would extend the contract)?

I have a pending order to "return a DVR" so I can't run through the order process myself online.

Thanks for any info.
nowayout
join:2009-06-22
Allentown, PA

1 edit

nowayout

You can drop down to whatever service level you want, with the option to continue your existing contract or renew it.

What you generally can't do is switch between triple and double play without triggering the ETF. As long as you stay within triple you should be good to go.

stevek1949
We're not in Kansas anymore
Premium Member
join:2002-11-13
Virginia Beach, VA

stevek1949 to kes601

Premium Member

to kes601
You can return the DVR to the FIOS store on Va Beach Blvd. They have been very helpful to me. They could probably tell you there also.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to kes601

to kes601
Yes you can downgrade. I went from Ultimate to Extreme at one point and there were no changes to my contract or ETF.
kes601
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601 to stevek1949

to stevek1949
said by stevek1949:

You can return the DVR to the FIOS store on Va Beach Blvd. They have been very helpful to me. They could probably tell you there also.

Ya, if the box isn't here by the weekend I am going to do that.

I'm a little irked at the Verizon tech support. Direct Forum here specifically told me that stores won't take back set top boxes anymore.

Yet, I've done it in the past and if I remember correctly the franchising agreement w/VA Beach specifically states they must provide a store for such items.

I hate returning boxes via UPS as it takes forever fore them to remove the boxes from you account.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

Not surprised they say you cant return equipment to stores anymore which of course is a bunch of bull. TThe fios store locator lists if the store takes things back or not and I know where I live they still do.

As far as the downgrading goes as said you can downgrade channel and internet packages without changing your contract. It never used to be this way as you would have to renew a contract to do it, but they listened to people and changed it.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs to nowayout

to nowayout
said by nowayout:

You can drop down to whatever service level you want, with the option to continue your existing contract or renew it.

What you generally can't do is switch between triple and double play without triggering the ETF. As long as you stay within triple you should be good to go.

Not true. I just switched from a triple play to a double play last month and there was no ETF.

tito79
join:2010-03-14
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79 to kes601

to kes601
as long as you stay with them they will work with your budget.
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to Myzteziz

to Myzteziz
If you can still find a store. I know that they have closed a fair number of the FIOS stores. I think they are doing more via UPS now.
kes601
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

We have a store and will as long as FiOS is available in VA Beach. It's part of the franchising agreement.