Search similar:

uniqs
kevvv
join:2012-11-04
Hillsborough, NJ

kevvv

[Connectivity] Need Arris Gateway set to Bridged mode

Hi,

I had to reset my cable modem today and it ended up getting out of Bridged mode, is there someone from comcast that could help me convert it back into bridged more ? I know Steve helped me out a couple of years back.

Thanks

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

What model gateway do you have?

Comcast is rolling out a new firmware release for the ARRIS TG862G that lets the user enable/disable bridging (and Wi-Fi also) themselves: »[Equip] TG862G/CT firmware with bridge mode
kevvv
Hillsborough, NJ

kevvv

Thank you very much, sure enough I have that option available to me and I was able to set it as such.
kevvv

kevvv

well all of a sudden something happend and now I don't have that option for Bridged mode in my modem is there anyone that could help ?
kevvv

kevvv

So whatever happened changed my software version to

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:7.6.59S

I can no longer set it ti bridged mode my self, is there anyone that can help me here ?

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

1 edit

telcodad

MVM

See these previous threads:

»[Firmware] TG862 New Firmware; Lost Status Pages

»[Equip] TG862 information screens

Did they roll the firmware back to version 7.6.59S again?

From: »[Firmware] Comcast TG862G for SW and firmware updated
said by mtrai:

you can use 2 different ip addresses to access your modem but they both show the same mostly the same things. One is read only and has no options and the other allows you configure things.

10.0.0.1 is your configuration address
192.168.100.1 Is just status pages.

Or did you mean how did I do the before and after? I was having a few issues the morning I ended up rebooting the modem and had one web page open (the 192 one). After the restart I was checking the problem I had on another open web page.

kevvv
Hillsborough, NJ

kevvv

said by telcodad:

The must have, It is definately no longer showing the bridge mode enable toggle that it did last week.
kevvv

kevvv

I got someone from comcast to set it back to bridge mode again...but I can't access the 192.168.100.1 or 10.0.0.1 pages anymore. The admin/password combo fails authentication, is there new password on the new firmware?
mhornet
join:2003-01-22
Oak Forest, IL

mhornet

said by kevvv:

I got someone from comcast to set it back to bridge mode again...but I can't access the 192.168.100.1 or 10.0.0.1 pages anymore. The admin/password combo fails authentication, is there new password on the new firmware?

Had to do the same thing yesterday. When in bridge mode, the access to the admin page must become disabled. Im on 7.6.59S and asked about the firmware update, but got nowhere with the tech.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to kevvv

MVM

to kevvv
said by kevvv:

said by telcodad:

The must have, It is definately no longer showing the bridge mode enable toggle that it did last week.

Yeah, it was. From:»Re: [Firmware] TG862 New Firmware; Lost Status Pages
said by luckmann:

I got confirmation this afternoon from a Tier 2 supervisor that engineering had a problem with it and pulled it back. was told it should be released soon