spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mijd
join:2014-10-06
usa

mijd

Quantum TV

New here so pre apology if I'm in the wrong forum section asking for advice. I've been with Directv and Comcast all my TV life (besides over the air). Times up on my 2 year contract with Directv. Only use Comcast for internet and basic and I admit that I'm spoiled with DTV's Genie DVR. All of my discounts are exhausted and I'm paying over $80 for their next to the smallest package with no premium channels. I've been courted by Verizon for their double play which looks nice, however hardly a mention of the quantum TV. I'm thinking it's $22 extra a month for the DVR with the double play. Not a bad price at all especially when I pay over that to Directv which doesn't include internet. I love movie apps and love HSI for HD streaming. Anyone on the forum know how much Quantum TV is and whether Verizon has worked out the bugs with the DVR....? I been reading about some of the bugs on this forum as of late. Any and all answers are appreciated.
Timothy28
join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28

It depends if you want enhanced or premium. Enhanced gives you up to 6 tuners total to watch or record over all your tv's. Enhanced is $22 plus $10 for every tv. The premium you get two VMS and get a total of 12 tuners for $32 plus the $10 per tv. I wish i could say all the bugs are gone but they aren't. One of the biggest current issue is after about a week the VMS lags badly and needs a reboot. It's really hit and miss on which bugs you might experience. Some have experienced a wide range of issues while others have almost none at all. The good news is they have been updating the firmware monthly. So the bugs that are left are going to be fixed sooner then later.
mijd
join:2014-10-06
usa

mijd

Thanks Timothy28. Still sounds like a great deal including internet and the fact the Verizon is working out the bugs.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28

It is still pretty buggy i won't lie. The last two updates have kind of been a disaster. It is slowly getting better. Quantum is supposedly in line to get the new UI of 1.9.7 by years end. Whether they work out the bugs in time to make that happen nobody knows for sure. If you decide to get it just don't expect everything to work perfectly.
ssmorol
join:2014-09-29
Syracuse, NY

ssmorol to mijd

to mijd
I just switched over to Quantum, and I am pretty happy! We just needed the extra tuners to record more shows, as we sometimes had conflicts with more than 2 shows at one time.
In my opinion, the bugs are minor and nit picky...I wouldn't let it influence your decision.
I have seen the new 1.9.7 UI on my mother in law's tv. It is pretty slick and I hope Quantum gets it sooner rather than later.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28

From what i hear ETA for the new UI on Quantum is the end of the year.