All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Myrna Fonsec
@69.133.155.x

Myrna Fonsec

Anon

Belkin return

I have called your customer service numerous times, looks like everybody is outside USA and they are in lalaland, I need to talk to someone smart enough to understand, it is becoming very frustrating, today I have been calling and the calls are dropped.

BlueMist
join:2011-01-24
Cookeville, TN

2 edits

BlueMist

You are not alone, really, Belkin has shot themselves in the foot and are scrambling to figure out how to spin it as well as fix it.

Give the following link a scan

»Belkin Router Owners Take Note....

It appears at first blush that Belkin sent out an automatic firmware update to many of their routers which has resulted in most of them going offline, wired or wireless, it makes no difference.

Belkin is being swamped with so many calls and web site hits that the call centers are useless, as you learned, and their web site has basically gone down under the strain.
*** Edit ***
I see the Belkin web site is responding again. I wonder if the problem with their router firmware or what ever they broke will be fixed as quickly?

Oh well, just one reason I don't purchase any routers that can not handle either Tomato or DD-WRT firmware. I like and support quite a few Belkin routers but like other brands we don't run any of them with the factory firmware...
*** Edit2 **
It appears that there was no firmware update involved but rather some kind of DNS routing issue involving many ISP's. Things should be fixed by now and if not Belkin was advising to change the DNS settings in the router from Auto to a fixed DNS like 8.8.8.8 or one of the other public DNS values.

Emmiqueen2
@65.25.9.x

Emmiqueen2 to Myrna Fonsec

Anon

to Myrna Fonsec
Change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 You will have Internet again. If there is also a slot for an alternate DNS, put 8.8.4.4

DamnBelkin
@67.241.12.x

DamnBelkin to Myrna Fonsec

Anon

to Myrna Fonsec
BelkinGate continues! Don't get too mad, there's a couple million other people in your boat. Belkin has yet to make a statement, or verify what the problem is, aside from acknowledging that there is one, but earlier this morning, an outrageously large number of Belkin router units around the world simply stopped working. Reports have just finally started surfacing, so we should know more soon. Until then, here's an annoying vague link with more details: »www.myce.com/news/belkin ··· t-73019/

Bamafan2277
Premium Member
join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

Bamafan2277 to Myrna Fonsec

Premium Member

to Myrna Fonsec
Belkin is currently having massive outage issues. You will be lucky to reach anyone for quite a while.

»www.myce.com/news/belkin ··· t-73019/