Search similar:

uniqs

modemport
join:2013-08-26
Montreal, QC

modemport to asdfdfdfdfdf

to asdfdfdfdfdf

Re: Opinion on usb 3.0 512gb flash drive

i don't have another computer. when the 2tb drive is plugged in, the blue light on the drive turns on and i hear whirring noises from within.

the cable has one end as a mini usb and the other as a regular usb. i don't think i have another similar cable anywhere; this is the first time i have a 2.5" portable drive. i'll take a look but i'm not hopeful.

i have 6 days 14 hrs remaining to open a dispute, otherwise the site considers the sale final.
asdfdfdfdfdf
Premium Member
join:2012-05-09

asdfdfdfdfdf to modemport

Premium Member

to modemport
" have 6 days 14 hrs remaining to open a dispute, otherwise the site considers the sale final.
"

Then I would go ahead and return it while you have the chance.

modemport
join:2013-08-26
Montreal, QC

modemport

the whole thing is over now.

reimbursed on the 2 flash drives, reimbursed on the samsung 2tb - 49.27$USD original cost; asked 46$ and no return; he said no; offered 40$ and no return and he accepted. saw it went back on my credit card yesterday.

out of pocket on 3 electronics that were all no good - about 13$USD.
lessons learned.

i did notice for the 1tb drive i was able to leave feedback, so i trashed the vendor. a day later had a polite email stating they reimbursed me so please remove the feedback. i ignored the email. last friday had another email asking the same thing. ignored it.

next one i'll reply and tell him what i think about fraudsters.

he's still operating on aliexpress.

someone in australia told me he's been buying electronics of all sorts off aliexpress, but never with free delivery; he prefers via courier even if he pays for it. one example: 8 tablets over the years. said prices are always better than local for him; in the entire time he only had one dispute and the site resolved it for him.

his experience has been positive; mine, for electronics, has been poor. won't buy such items again on that site.

bought more items off them, don't anticipate problems. bought a stainless steel watch vendor claimed was 400$ retail - got it for 68$ so i'm hoping when i receive it, i can see it's worth at least 68$USD.

the rest are smaller inconsequential items.
asdfdfdfdfdf
Premium Member
join:2012-05-09

asdfdfdfdfdf to modemport

Premium Member

to modemport
Glad you didn't lose much on it all. Sounds like a pain but turned out well in the end. Thanks for the update.