uniqs

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

Disk Ripping Software

Looking for a DVD ripping program that won't puke on disk errors.

I've got SlySoft's AnyDVDHD and Alcohol 120% already. AnyDVDHD works most of the time, but if there is a disk error it just chokes and pukes. Alcohol 120% looks like they hit some legal issue and you get bombarded with don't use to make copy of copy protected software.

Copies are just full rips of the disks to my machine to make it easier to access my purchase.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

I am interested in this too. It's been years since I've ripped a DVD, but I have a few clients wanting to put their own DVDs on the network so the kids stop trashing the disks.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
Looking here too. But I am more interested in an AnyDVD replacement that will run on Linux.

Tursiops_G
Technoid
MVM
join:2002-02-06
Brooksville, FL

Tursiops_G

MVM

For Linux, use DeCSS.
(Use your Google-Fu...) Hint: Carnegie Mellon University.

-Tursiops_G.

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
With non-commercial discs, you can use any RIPping software or burning app (ie: IMGBurn, Alcohol, etc.).

For commercial discs, you can use a current app like DVDFab or with AnyDVD, any RIPping program, even the old programs like DVDDecryptor.

There are numerous tools available: »www.videohelp.com/tools/ ··· -rippers

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

This is for commercial disks. I have AnyDVDHD, but it chokes if there is an error on the disk. What I've taken to doing is imaging the disk with Alcohol 120%, mounting the image and then ripping. Most of the time this works. I've got four disks I'm doing this on now. I'll see how well it works over the weekend.