spc
Search similar:

uniqs

zajacz
join:2002-09-21
Calgary, AB

zajacz

Business internet profile

Hello all. I just got Office/Business Internet Lite installed by telus today. I am using a telus supplied Speedtouch 516v6 modem. It is supposed to be 6Mbps down and 1Mbps up. With speedtests, I am getting the 6 down but am topping out at 800kbps up. When I asked the installer while he was here he said the profile was 800kbps up and that would be the fastest up I would get. He said he had never heard of a 1Mbps up profile for business lite despite what the telus website says. He said my line is capable of getting the 25 down 5 up if desired.
I then called telus business tech support and they said I was on a 6 down and 1 up profile and the tech was mistaken. How can I determine what exact profile I am on and what my modem is syncing at as I am not sure I believe what the telus tech support is telling me when they say I am on 6 and 1 already.
Thanks.
ttvtech
join:2013-10-10

ttvtech

It's an ADSL2+ profile (G.992.5 annex A) which can only go to 1mbps up. Speedtests will not show the full speed, because the addressing overhead gets tossed out and isn't counted. Your line is transferring 1mbps.

zajacz
join:2002-09-21
Calgary, AB

zajacz

OK, thanks for the info. The only reason I was questioning it is that with my home 50/10 internet I am getting the full 10 up.
chazmosis
join:2012-08-02
Surrey, BC

chazmosis

Your Home internet is a VDSL profile, which includes overhead for Optik. Your line sync on a 50/10 connection is usually 75/15 or better.