spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Gnexus01
join:2012-12-05
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

Rogers digital adapter

Will the rogers digital adapter work in conjunction with a Standard Definition Digital Box ? I'm trying to get WGN on both tv's in my house. I have a regular tube tv and a flat screen. Currently I can only get WGN on my flat screen and not my tube tv. The only way to get it, is to get a HD digital box. However, I don't think it even has a cable connection on it.

The other option is to order the superstation package and pay for that, just so I can get WGN twice. For some reason, WGN has two different channels still. One is for HD and one is for HD. Discovery Science was like that at one point.
king_2015
join:2010-09-15
King City, ON

king_2015

Your English is not easy to understand! "Your saying the only way to get it is to get an HD box but it does not even have cable connection on it??" Your not making any sense. Honestly if your already getting a channel on a rogers digital box just get another digital box. The digital adapter does not cover that channel it only cover basic channels.

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

It does not have a cable out connection. You have the cable line coming in, but you can't connect the box to the tv via coaxial cable. The only options you have are the HDMI, or Video out. So I have to swap out the SD Digital Box for a HD Digital box, and hook up the tv via the Video and audio out connections on the box.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to Gnexus01

to Gnexus01
Not really understanding your post, but if you're asking if you can get WGN on a digital adapter, the answer is no.

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

1 edit

Gnexus01

I know I can't get that channel on the adapter. I wanted to know if you hook up the adapter to a digital box. I'm guessing you can't.

As for the problem. I got a HD theme pack, that includes WGN. I get HD WGN but, I don't get the non HD WGN. You need to have two different theme packs, that both include the same channel. Theme pack A, has WGN in HD and Theme pack B has WGN in non HD. Rogers has WGN as two different channels, when they are the same. Hopefully this makes sense ?

Basically I get Channel 573 which WGN is in HD, but I don't get 273 which is also WGN but it's non HD.
Expand your moderator at work
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me to Gnexus01

to Gnexus01

Re: Rogers digital adapter

Only the nextbox 3 pvr lacks the cable output option. All other boxes have them.
cepnot4me

cepnot4me to Anon

to Anon
His English is fine.

WGN SD isn't included in his package. So if he wants to watch it, he can add a theme pack, or add an HDbox.

He is concerned that the HDBOX doesn't have a coax output (he will be connecting it to an old TV).

OP. I see what your dilemma is.

The 4642 has coax out, but the question I'd ask is what's cheaper, the SD theme pack or the HDBOX rental.

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

If I rent to own it, the difference is $3 a month.
cepnot4me
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

There ya go, and by the end of the term it costs $0 more.

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

Pretty much. Solved my problem. Still think it's stupid how the channel is set up like that.
cepnot4me
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

It's weird like that, almost as though Rogers didn't realize it when making up theme packs. Over the years there have been a lot of instances, I have seen them figure it out and correct it.. but that usually meant removing the HD version vs adding the SD version.

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

They did that with Discovery Science, and I was only getting it in non HD. Tried calling Rogers about it, and the techs right away blamed me. I even went to a Rogers store twice and they had the same issue on there boxes, along with my buddy in the south end of the city. It was clearly a City wide issue, but Typical Rogers didn't want to admit fault. Wanted to send a Tech out, to investigate the issue..

It wasn't till I got in touch with RogersMikeT here on the forums, that I finally got the problem resolved, and the channel auto converted to HD.
cepnot4me
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

Ya, I watched your past few boards. You kinda find and expose all the weird problems. Lol.

Should probably apply Engineering in the testing and development department.

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

I don't do it on purpose. Just really bad luck with Rogers.. I would love to get rid of Rogers cable, but with 3 other roommates that all watch tv, I would have to get a receiver for each tv.. I could get Fibe Tv, but I'm happy/loyal to Start.
Sunfox
join:2003-12-14
Stouffville

Sunfox

Reminds me of the analog days, when Rogers would randomly mess up the stereo audio on channels. For example, CBC might only have left channel audio, and CTV only right channel audio. I could get those channels from antenna, so I knew it wasn't the channel's problem... and since I had multiple stereo TVs, I knew it wasn't my equipment either.

So, I would call to complain. But they absolutely refused to believe me that it was an issue. Of course, they didn't actually have a proper stereo system to check it out - but when they checked they got some kind of mono sound, so thus it was fine. Their excuse that I couldn't be right? "If that was happening, then the whole city would be like that." My response: so?

Eventually - like 4-6 weeks later - the problem would get corrected on their end... and I remember the second to last time this happened, because when they fixed 2 channels, they broke another which wasn't fixed for another 2-3 weeks.