Search similar:

uniqs
loki9
join:2014-07-14

loki9

Bad connections.

Click for full size
stats on modem
These are the stats for my modem, are they bad?

I feel that for the last few weeks I have had really bad internet. Almost every day there is some disconnect or bad speeds.
Definitely not what it used to be.
I am on Red in Orillia.
loki9

loki9

What I feel is that the internet connection likes to go down from time to time. Almost once a day. Don't know if it is Red constantly mucking about on their lines.

When it works it works. Right now it does. Yet for a couple a min ago it had a hiccup.

hagbard72
join:2000-10-02
Kingsville

hagbard72 to loki9

to loki9
Yes, bad. Try disconnecting the power to the modem for 15 seconds and reconnecting.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca to loki9

Premium Member

to loki9
Definitely errors there. I'd suggest starting with the trouble-shooting faq at »FAQ: Trouble-shooting (Cable) and if the errors persist after a factory reset then give us a call so we can get a ticket in for your line. Thanks.

Edit: fixed url typo

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to loki9

Mod

to loki9
Although your signal levels and SNR are good, there are definite problems on channels 7 and 8 above 700 MHz.

I would suggest that there could be a length of RG59-U cable or other poor quality cable somewhere on your connection ... like one of those cables with a push-on connectors between the wall and the modem for example. The other possibility is an old splitter.
loki9
join:2014-07-14

loki9 to rocca

to rocca
Click for full size
I did a factory reset. These are the new modem stats, do they look better?