spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Forest10s
@108.251.118.x

Forest10s

Anon

Att.com email user name issue

Yesterday when I checked emails, in the sent section, all of the addresses I have sent email appear as "me". When you roll the cursor over them, the email address pops up but goes away. I sent myself a couple of emails to see what would happen. In my Inbox they also appear as "me". I've had some people send me emails and they are coming in fine and mine are going out fine. It doesn't appear on my phone like this. I switched to the basic att.net screen and it seems to be okay, but I was told that using this screen slows things down. Has anyone ever seen this before? Att.com was no help.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Forest10s :

Yesterday when I checked emails, in the sent section, all of the addresses I have sent email appear as "me". When you roll the cursor over them, the email address pops up but goes away. I sent myself a couple of emails to see what would happen. In my Inbox they also appear as "me". I've had some people send me emails and they are coming in fine and mine are going out fine. It doesn't appear on my phone like this. I switched to the basic att.net screen and it seems to be okay, but I was told that using this screen slows things down. Has anyone ever seen this before? Att.com was no help.

I am a bit confused about what problem you are seeing (and/or where you are seeing it).

Are you an AT&T employee with an "@att.com" email account?

Is the problem you see occurring when you use web mail, or when you use a stand-alone email client on a PC type device?

If the problem happens with web mail, what url are you using to access your email? Is it an att.com site? As an AT&T customer (not an employee), I use »mail.yahoo.com/ and I don't have any problems there (but if you have never been there before, you will need to sign in with your AT&T credentials and possibly customize it to suit your needs).

If the problem happens with a stand-alone email client, what email client are you using (and what OS)?

When you say "basic att.net screen", are you referring to the AT&T customer portal site? If so, instead of using that try using »my.yahoo.com/ instead (but if you have never been there before, you will need to both sign in with your AT&T credentials and possibly customize it to suit your needs).

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

Out of curiosity, I logged in to one of my 'pacbell.net' accounts at »mail.yahoo.com. This is what I see in a folder where I collect test emails sent to myself:

Not all from myself are so labeled. I have not looked further to see why some have, "Me", but others have my name.

The blank lines have been redacted to prevent public exposure of the names I use in test emails.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by NormanS:

Out of curiosity, I logged in to one of my 'pacbell.net' accounts at »mail.yahoo.com. This is what I see in a folder where I collect test emails sent to myself:

[image of web mail folders]

Not all from myself are so labeled. I have not looked further to see why some have, "Me", but others have my name.

The blank lines have been redacted to prevent public exposure of the names I use in test emails.

I don't normally send email to myself from/to the same account (and also I only use the AT&T/Yahoo! email accounts as temporary holding buffers, not as permanent storage), so perhaps that is why I did not see the OP's problem (although, until I saw your post, I did not know what the OP was seeing). So, I just sent two emails to other accounts (to test the OP's Sent folder symptom), and also sent one email to myself (to/from the same @bellsouth.net account) to see what I would see in the Inbox. Shown below are the (edited for privacy) results:

Contents of Sent folder:

Contents of Inbox:

The results are that I still don't see "Me" showing up as the email sender or recipient in either the inbox or the sent folder. Perhaps that symptom only shows up for certain AT&T domains (or it may have to do with how the account/user profile is configured).

Scritter
join:2007-10-01
Leander, TX

Scritter to Forest10s

to Forest10s
said by Forest10s :

Check your contact list in the ATT email. A listing for "Me". Another place that can sometimes tie this is the mail forwarding, if one of the email contact lists list "Me"...( I often used this shortcut a long time ago and it still shows up!)