spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Oakdale
@72.186.79.x

Oakdale

Anon

Mac Products consistently reading the wireless internet stream

We had good service in the Spring, shut the service down for 4 months when we went away. now we are back, have had the service turned back on and our Mac products are not picking up the wireless stream all the time. We are getting very good reception on both wireless computers and on our Netflix but our 2 I pads and 1 I phone will sporadically pick up the internet. If it were 1 I pad I would think it is that device but it is all 3. It makes no difference on how far from the modem the Mac products are. In the spring we only had 2 Mac products and they both worked fine.

We have talked to the Brighthouse people one would call and they have no answer, they just want to troubleshoot and my concern there is they will screw up the Netflix or the computers so I am reluctant to allow the hap hazzard troubleshooting as the problems we had in the past with netflix have been fixed.

I am baffled.

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

Other than the number of devices connecting, did anything else change, like the BHN modem, or router being used, if applicable?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Oakdale

Premium Member

to Oakdale
Login into your modem....change the wireless control channel from auto to perhaps 11 or 1 and see what happens.

oakdale
@72.186.79.x

oakdale

Anon

i believe the modem is set to channel 1 and I do not want to change that on a maybe. We have had problems with netflix and that is finally all set and I dont want to risk losing that.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by oakdale :

i believe the modem is set to channel 1 and I do not want to change that on a maybe. We have had problems with netflix and that is finally all set and I dont want to risk losing that.

Then there is nothing more we can do for you. You won't accept a tech by your own statement and you won't take suggestions for how to resolve the problem. I can't help you then. Best of luck...
Missers
join:2014-01-26
Melbourne, FL

Missers to Oakdale

to Oakdale
said by Oakdale :

We had good service in the Spring, shut the service down for 4 months when we went away. now we are back, have had the service turned back on and our Mac products are not picking up the wireless stream all the time. We are getting very good reception on both wireless computers and on our Netflix but our 2 I pads and 1 I phone will sporadically pick up the internet. If it were 1 I pad I would think it is that device but it is all 3. It makes no difference on how far from the modem the Mac products are. In the spring we only had 2 Mac products and they both worked fine.

We have talked to the Brighthouse people one would call and they have no answer, they just want to troubleshoot and my concern there is they will screw up the Netflix or the computers so I am reluctant to allow the hap hazzard troubleshooting as the problems we had in the past with netflix have been fixed.

I am baffled.

Are the iPads and iPhone updated to iOS 8 or iOS 8.02? If so there are known WiFi issues. Hopefully they will be corrected in iOS 8.1.

oakdale
@72.186.79.x

oakdale

Anon

that makes sense because yes they are updated,,,now I will be patient
allowiches
join:2012-04-01
Palm Coast, FL

allowiches

If the devices lose the signal and then you don't see the wireless networks under the WiFi settings, you have to reboot the device. It can be a real PIA.

If you are on a limited cellular data plan you may want to turn off the cellular because when the WiFi drops it automatically switches to cellular and you start using data without notification.