spc
Search similar:

uniqs
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

neufuse

[Caps] Meter not working agian

My usage meter ha been stuck on "6GB" used for the past 8 days from the 1st of this month up it has said that and I know I downloaded 60 GB of files off of MSDN this past week 10 of which were yesterday and at least 20 of 4 days ago... Last month I saw something similar only to have it register at the end of the month as 275GB used...

anyone else seeing problems with the meter again?

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

Mine was gone until yesterday, but returned today and about seems correct for this day of the month,
The 8th was my original billing date, not sure if they are aiming to move the meter to reflect each subs billing month, vs the calendar month OR if it was some other glitch

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA

1 recommendation

owlyn

MVM

The meter vanishes around the billing date and then comes back.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

said by owlyn:

The meter vanishes around the billing date and then comes back.

Yes, but for a year or so here it's been an hour or 2 before it comes back.
another possibility is CC seems to be changing a lot of internals to v6 preferred and reached the meter or whatever in the last month in my area and may be the OP's
even similar issues this far apart can have different causes
neufuse
James Creek, PA

1 edit

neufuse

huh, today it went up to 8GB.... no where near the near 80GB of downloads I've done in the past 10 days

downloading a 4.3GB ISO for Visual Studio 14 pro Tech Preview now.. see if it goes up at all today or tomorrow
neufuse

neufuse

it's up to a whole 10 GB now... yeah they definitely broke their meter again
neufuse

neufuse

ooooo today it's at 11GB

I swear it's just adding 1GB per day to the counter just to look like it's doing something
relli843
join:2014-09-27
United State

relli843

mine says im already at 270 GB for this month. In Charleston, SC we have a 300 gb cap for all speed tiers. makes no sense that i have same cap on the extreme tier as someone on performance, but either way, I don't know how I could possibly be even close to that number when my internet has barely been working this month with all the packet loss im experiencing. I don't get it.
neufuse
James Creek, PA

neufuse

My number for last month it claims is 275GB, which is funny because an add-on I have on my pfSense router claims I did a whole 105GB...
relli843
United State

relli843

yeah 270 in 12 days? when i'm having so much packet loss i can't even play a game or watch netflix?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by relli843:

yeah 270 in 12 days? when i'm having so much packet loss i can't even play a game or watch netflix?

Perhaps Comcast is using a variation of the ancient retailer's "you break it , you bought it" policy? Since you are losing the packets, you bought them.
neufuse
James Creek, PA

neufuse

Watching this meter is getting funny... I actually went BACKWARDS now... now it's back to 8GB used after being 11GB earlier today
relli843
United State

relli843 to NetFixer

to NetFixer
said by NetFixer:

Perhaps Comcast is using a variation of the ancient retailer's "you break it , you bought it" policy? Since you are losing the packets, you bought them.

Lol. that's alot of broken packets. Too bad the loss is coming from outside of my home network. smh

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by relli843:

said by NetFixer:

Lol. that's alot of broken packets. Too bad the loss is coming from outside of my home network. smh

Ahh, but from the seller's point of view, those packets would have been safely locked away in a display case had you not been examining the merchandise.
relli843
United State

relli843

said by NetFixer:

Ahh, but from the seller's point of view, those packets would have been safely locked away in a display case had you not been examining the merchandise.

LMAO.. Good point. Well Netcool is helping me get the issue fixed and I am in touch with maintenance over where I live now, so hopefully I won't have to deal with it anymore soon.
neufuse
James Creek, PA

neufuse

welp something is definitely off, it's literally going up 1GB per day now again... I saw someone else earlier saying their meter was using 1GB a day with no use recently, wonder if these are tied.... I'm seeing 1GB of usage per day on the meter no mater how much bandwidth I use...
neufuse

neufuse

Still going up 1GB per day no matter how much I download... very odd
Expand your moderator at work