Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

Why 2 c drives

Click for full size
I would like to know why I have 2 c drives nd 2 D drives. I have 7 hard drives plus a cdrom connected to a Gigabyte Z77X-D3H mother board. I am running windows 10 TEC. For the last week I was wondering why 2 hard drives are not showing up. The first step was that I saved every thing I needed to the 1tb hard drive. I took my fdisk and deleted all partitions on the remaining disk. I put back the the saved windows 10.
I also is getting the D drive. That not showing the screen shot I posted. They are the only showing double. When I was using Marcium Reflect Some of the hard drives was showing GPT at the beginning.
What could be the problem or are they one?
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

2 recommendations

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Lets start with you're using the Win 10 tech preview, and you seem to be disregarding that as minor. You won't be able to use this as your main os for a prolonged period of time, nor was it meant to be used in place of a final release.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

ok i'll put back windows 8.1
coryw
join:2013-12-22
Flagstaff, AZ

coryw to Caddyroger

to Caddyroger
I only see one C:\ disk and I don't actually see any D:\ disk at all -- your screenshot is severely limited though and it's obvious there is a lot of stuff in, say, the list on the left that's not shown, and if you're on the "This PC" window (well, if you were to go there) then not everything is listed anyway.

So, you don't?

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by coryw:

I only see one C:\ disk and I don't actually see any D:\ disk at all -- your screenshot is severely limited though and it's obvious there is a lot of stuff in, say, the list on the left that's not shown, and if you're on the "This PC" window (well, if you were to go there) then not everything is listed anyway.

So, you don't?

Looks like I goofed up the screen shot and did not look at the final copy. A at the the start of the list. It was C drive then d,e,f and so on. At the end it had local drive c next local drive d.
I reinstalled 8.1 after that it was ok. I have 7 drives in this computer but only 5 was showing up. I was thinking some way it was reading the missing drives has c and d drives.
I got the 7 drives back again. I thing it was just loose conections
coryw
join:2013-12-22
Flagstaff, AZ

coryw

Ah, ok.

It may also have been shortcuts or entries in a frequently used list, I see that D and F both had entries in the frequently used items listing.

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian to BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

to BlitzenZeus
said by BlitzenZeus:

Lets start with you're using the Win 10 tech preview, and you seem to be disregarding that as minor.

Win 10 for me did not detect either my data drive nor back up drive over the test period, so this is certainly feasible it might detect/show 2.

Stick with Win 8.1 for the OP would be the safest option.