Premium Member
join:2009-11-11
Mesa, AZ
Netgear CM1100
Asus RT-AX86

LtnKreationz

Premium Member

[Qwest] Line Overprovision Gone

So my line had been overprovisioned since about spring time (I'm on 40/20 dry line). I was syncing at 50.129 up until this past weekend. Sunday, I lost service for about 30 minutes then it suddenly came back up. Since then, I'm now syncing at 40. I've got a C1000Z bridged to an ASUS RT-AC87R. Any ideas?
colorbars
join:2003-03-20
USA

colorbars

If you lost service for 30 minutes it seems likely there was a temporary issue with your line. The line may have been not up to normal quality as it was being reconnected and the modem sensed that and knocked down the speed accordingly. Have you tried turning the modem off for a minute then letting it resync now that the problem is probably fixed? That's always fixed that problem for me.

LtnKreationz
Premium Member
Mesa, AZ
Netgear CM1100
Asus RT-AX86

LtnKreationz

Premium Member

said by colorbars:

If you lost service for 30 minutes it seems likely there was a temporary issue with your line. The line may have been not up to normal quality as it was being reconnected and the modem sensed that and knocked down the speed accordingly. Have you tried turning the modem off for a minute then letting it resync now that the problem is probably fixed? That's always fixed that problem for me.

Yea I tried several times. I even hard reset the modem but that didn't work either. I did notice my signals are way off from where they were back in February. I have a CL Tech coming out tomorrow to check things out. My money says there's something going on in the DSLAM. Bad circuit perhaps? Guess I'll find out tomorrow. I wonder if I can get a C2000T from the tech? Haha!
BadMagpie
join:2011-02-05

BadMagpie to LtnKreationz

to LtnKreationz
I've had mine go from 26 down to 20 when I had my profile reset. After a week or two it got back up to 23, and then up to 26 a week or two after that.
brad152
join:2006-07-27
Chicago, IL

brad152 to LtnKreationz

to LtnKreationz
And they still do not do this for pair-bonded lines.

I've asked them to switch the optimization on and they refuse to do it because the guy said it would increase up to 10Mbps per pair (my line would easily do that) and would give me 60/5 for the price of 40/5

LtnKreationz
Premium Member
Mesa, AZ
Netgear CM1100
Asus RT-AX86

LtnKreationz

Premium Member

Click for full size
I just got home, check my stats and now I'm sitting at 35. I did power cycle and came up with the same speed.
LtnKreationz

LtnKreationz

Premium Member

Tech just left. He said for some reason when he checked my circuit, my attenuation was showing 1dB. He went down to the DSLAM, checked things out and everything was ok there so he reset my profile. He said the DSLAM was only 40% usage. He told me to monitor my pings and if it ever went above 50 consistently, then they would move me to another slot.

On another note, I was able to get my hands on a C2000T.