spc
Search similar:

uniqs
avze
join:2013-08-19

avze

[iPhone] Need a Nano SIM for UNLOCKED iPhone 5S

Hello.

I just ditched my Android phone for a new Unlocked iPhone 5S.
I am now stuck with the Micro SIM that was in my S4.
Should I go down to my local T-Mobile shop and get a Nano SIM for my UNLOCKED iPhone?

I am not thinking about transferring my current phone number over, I'll just perhaps have a new number I guess on that Nano SIM.

So I am in Europe, were I have my prepaid Micro SIM (from T-Mobile) for my Galaxy S4 phone.
Here in Europe, the type of prepaid plan I have, is where whenever I made calls or text, my credit amount dropped to a certain amount. Then whenever my credit drops down to zero credits, I usually pay in cash a certain amount to "refill" my credit amount on my SIM card.

So what is the process to switch from a Micro SIM to a Nano SIM assuming that I don't want to transfer my same local number to that Nano SIM for my iPhone?
And does T-Mobile have to first activate the Nano SIM card keeping my current plan that I had explained above?

Thanks

Tinkster
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Rosedale, MD

Tinkster

Premium Member

Got to T-Mobile and ask them for a nano sim for your account and they will activate the new phone for you.

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey to avze

to avze
said by avze:

... new Unlocked iPhone 5S.
... stuck with the Micro SIM that was in my S4.
Should I go down to my local T-Mobile shop and get a Nano SIM for my UNLOCKED iPhone?

...not ...transferring my current phone number ... I'll just ... have a new number ... on that Nano SIM.

... I am in Europe ... I have my prepaid Micro SIM (from T-Mobile) ... in Europe, the ... prepaid plan I have, is ... whenever I made calls or text, my credit amount dropped to a certain amount. Then whenever my credit drops down to zero credits, I usually pay in cash a certain amount to "refill" my credit amount on my SIM card.

... what is the process to switch from a Micro SIM to a Nano SIM assuming that I don't want to transfer my same local number to that Nano SIM for my iPhone?

... does T-Mobile have to first activate the Nano SIM card keeping my current plan that I had explained above?

Did you inquire to make sure your old plan is still offered?
And offered at any outlet, not just specific ones?

If yes to both, I don't know what other issues there would be, although you could certainly ask them what it would take to just move your account from the micro to the nano.

I don't have any EU experience with T-Mobile plans or terms, but I just switched from a phone with a full-size SIM to a nano SIM. The plan I had on the old SIM is still offered, but only online or at WalMart, so I just mail-ordered a new nano SIM from TMO ($10) and activated it online as a new separate account with the same terms as the old account. I did not switch #s either.

buckingham
Doylstown Pa
Premium Member
join:2005-07-17
Buckingham, PA

buckingham to avze

Premium Member

to avze
While a Micro can be cut down to a Nano (I think...), my suggestion would be to go to TMobile and request an exchange of the Micro SIM to a Nano SIM. I would think they would be able to do that with no issue and transfer the current loaded value of your Micro SIM to the new SIM. There may or may not be a fee for the exchange. My carrier here in the US, ATT, doesn't charge me for SIM size exchanges.
avze
join:2013-08-19

avze

I will just go down there and ask them face to face. Think that would be the best option.

Thanks