spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

STB Return Question

So in an earlier post I mentioned the direct forum instructed me that I couldn't just take the STBs to the store to return them, which has been disproven by this forum.

Now, next question. I got the return box in the mail yesterday, it has an RMA number, but only lists 2 STBs on it, where I am returning three.

Leads me to the question. Even though I have a box w/an RMA number, think it is ok to still just take them to the store?
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

Honestly, just take them to the FiOS store. You are setting yourself up for one big billing headache. I speak from experience. I made the mistake of lazily returning equipment through the UPS method and am STILL trying to get that equipment properly removed from my account. It's the only time I ever chose UPS over returning it to my local FiOS store - and I'm regretting it, big time.
kes601
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Thanks for the info. That's going to be my plan. I can just see the Digital Adapters getting left in the box since the would be at the bottom, hard to see. Tomorrow, back to the store they go.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to kes601

Premium Member

to kes601
The reason you got an RMA for only two STB's is Verizon is making it almost impossible not to have at least one STB on the account. Their system, including making account changes requires one STB on the account. It can be done to return them all, but its very very hard. Make sure you track the package and take screen captures of delivery via UPS
kes601
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

I would still have two DVRs on the account. I currently have 3 DVRs and 2 Digital adapters (returning one DVR and both Digital Adapters).

We are downsizing to a different home in the spring that has only 2 cable outlets and I wanted to go ahead and return the boxes we won't be used so we can unclutter before listing our house.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

The good thing about the fios store is you can take back what you want, get an instant receipt which lists the serial numbers of any returned equipment and forget about the return label they sent. The returned equipment should come off of your account within 24 hours. Just make sure to keep the receipt in a very safe place.
kes601
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Yep, plan to do that on Tuesday. I have an open order in the system because of the equipment return. It is set to take place on Monday, wasn't sure if I could do an equipment return while an open order was in place.
kes601

kes601

So, returned the boxes today. No issues. Got the email confirming drop off w/serial numbers shortly after leaving the store and a few hours later got a second email confirming receipt by Verizon stating they would remove the boxes from my account.

For the life of me I still do not understand why they try to persuade you from returning boxes to the store. It makes zero sense to me.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

They make money when you UPS them in, it takes 2-4 weeks that way, I know I've done it twice, the first time they lost it and only after a 2 week fight and a copy of the UPS delivery notice did the remove it off the account.