anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

1 edit

5 recommendations

anveo

Premium Member

[Anveo] New Features, SMS in Canada, new coverage and service update

I would like to share the latest important and exciting service updates.

Call Parking and Attended Call Transfers
We are very excited to offer 2 new business features our users were asking: Call Parking and Attended Call Transfers.
Both Call Parking and Attended Call Transfers fully support Anveo geo. redundant infrastructure. For example a user connected to our POP in Canada can park a call and another user can pick up the call while connected to POP in Hong Kong.

These 2 new features are available with Business subscription only and they can be activated by pressing #* ( for attended transfers) and *01 to park a call on slot 1 and *11 to pickup a call from slot 1.

Anveo Whitelable/Reseller platform users are also able to add these 2 features into custom service packages and offer it to their customers.
---
From the technical stand point this was very challenging project for our engineering team. Probably that is why Call Parking feature is rarely offered by VOIP service providers with multiple POPs.
---

SMS in Canada
We also now support 2 way SMS/Texting on Anveo phone numbers in Canada. Which means that user can now send and receive SMS/Text Messages in Canada using Anveo phone numbers in Canada.

Extended Toll Free coverage
We would like to announce that Toll Free phone numbers in Brazil are now available.

Infrastructure Update
A few days ago there was a brief (lasted about 17 minutes) networking outage at one of the datacenters we use (Dallas, TX). During that time our LCR (Least Cost Routing) node became unreachable which resulted in failed outgoing calls to external PSTN numbers. To address the issue we have now deployed a second LCR node in Canadian datacenter and all Anveo SBCs were reprovisioned to support automatic failover when communicating with Anveo LCR nodes.

Overall Anveo service reliability
Finally, we also very proud to report that thanks to our geo. redundant infrastructure with mutiple POPs and Datacenters across the World Anveo service availability over the last 18 months (taking into account this brief 17 minutes one way outage for external outgoing calls) is 99.9997%.
Now all Anveo critical service components have N+1 (at least extra one for everything) and support fully automatic failover (Web Portal and Database instances both have hot standby instances but require special manual switch over procedure). We hope that the latest addition of the second LCR node should bring the overall service availability very close to 99.9999%

What is in the pipeline?
* [Anveo Direct] Emergency Services in US and Canada on Anveo Direct platform
* [Anveo Retail] new POP in Australia
* [Anveo Direct + Anveo Retail] New interconnect with the local carrier in Australia to offer local call terminations with very low latency.
juleso
join:2009-06-04

juleso

I hope that infrastructure upgrade does improve resiliency.

I also wish to state one feature that's been on my wish-list for a long time: ability to have personalized voice recordings used for the IVR / AutoAttendant.

We currently can't use the feature because the computerized voice pronounces too many names incorrectly. It would work just fine if everyone had simple names such as "John Smith".
anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

anveo

Premium Member

You do not have to use Text to Speech and you can just upload custom Audio IVR/Auto Attendant prompts. In fact we had this feature from the beginning.
juleso
join:2009-06-04

juleso

said by anveo:

You do not have to use Text to Speech and you can just upload custom Audio IVR/Auto Attendant prompts. In fact we had this feature from the beginning.

apologies I was referring to the dial-by-name feature.