dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

@99.229.123.x

Anon

rogers cell phone plan

ok, so supposedly they have been charging me for calls made after 6pm, even though my old old plan from July 2009 has never been changed by me, and i was supposed to have unlimited evenings after 6pm

has anyone dealt with the Ombudsman before? was he/she of any help in such matters? is it free to speak with the ombudsman ?

thanks in advance
dtchmshkyan
join:2013-08-12
Ottawa, ON

dtchmshkyan

Have you tried talking to Rogers first?
pkclown
join:2014-03-01
Chilliwack, BC

pkclown to Guest

to Guest
As Rogers pushes for people to 'migrate' from the older 3-year plans to newer 2-year plans, a lot of 'discounts' or 'courtesy features' are going to expire, and so, in your case, I wouldn't be surprised if something 'expired.'

Xanthias
@65.94.103.x

Xanthias

Anon

Rogers doesn't have 2 or 3 year plans.

They have 2 year commitments that are tied to the purchase of a new phone on a 2 year term price.

For example, right now the Galaxy S5 is available for $700. But, you can purchase it for $199.99. The remaining $500 becomes your Rogers FlexTab. This amount will decrease every month for 24 months. At the end of that period, your FlexTab is at zero and your commitment to Rogers has been satisfied.

If during the 2 year commitment you want to get a new phone on a 2 year term price (or leave Rogers altogether) you simply pay off the remaining balance of the FlexTab. You can change your plan anytime you want and it's never going to effect your commitment.

The migration your talking about is about getting people to go on the Share Everything plans. And they're not doing it by removing features from existing plans. They're doing it by making a Share Everything plan a requirement to get 2 year term pricing on a new phone.

You want to pay full price for a phone? You can keep your old plan.

You want a big discount on the purchase of a new phone? You need a share everything plan that costs at least $80 a month.
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

In 2009, Rogers had 3 year plans, in 2011 Rogers had 3 year plans.
In 2016 all 3 year plans will be done.

If your term commitment expires, Rogers reserves the right to discontinue any features or otherwise.

If you sign up for a new plan, like our OP probably did in 2009 to subsidize a new phone, it will likely change the terms and conditions of your existing plan.

OP, try and fight it of course, but the big response you're going to get is..

"It took you 5 years to realize your plan changed?, and you agreed to the terms of your plan on such and such a date when you got your such and such phone "

Good luck, but it's a long shot.