All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
halifaxer12
join:2014-10-20

halifaxer12 to Database

to Database

Re: Time Warner Cable. No HD on digital adapters. Los Angeles.

Anybody else having issues again? I'm using West Valley lineup
beinhorn
join:2009-12-02
Tarzana, CA

beinhorn to halifaxer12

to halifaxer12
Crazy. Gone again!

burgerwars
join:2004-09-11
Northridge, CA

burgerwars

I've been out of town for a week but just came back. I repowered everything and still only a handful of HD on the digital adapters, but nothing where it counts (local TV stations, CNN, etc.). What is wrong with Time Warner?

Database
join:2014-10-10
Woodland Hills, CA

Database to halifaxer12

to halifaxer12
Yep. Gone again in same area and using same adapter.
beinhorn
Tarzana, CA

beinhorn

Just talked to tier 3 support located in Denver. I'm in the west sfv. They said an internal memo just went out about the dta not picking up hd channels. They told me to power cycle the dta and it should clear the memory. Currently I'm getting some hd. locals but no Espn or cnn. Weirdly nick is in hd and weather plus some others
elcamino726
join:2008-07-08
Torrance, CA

elcamino726

Same here in Torrance,CA. Lost all HD channels yesterday. Today
some are back(locals) but not ESPN and some others. Hope they are
not done updating.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to DocDrew

Premium Member

to DocDrew
I'm missing a few HD channels eveen on the BIG BOXES

for example Tru tv

It was the East coast feed but it made it easy to record all my shows
beinhorn
Tarzana, CA

beinhorn

check 1350-1358 for the missing east coast feed hd channels including tru tv hd

burgerwars
join:2004-09-11
Northridge, CA

1 edit

burgerwars to beinhorn

to beinhorn
said by beinhorn:

Just talked to tier 3 support located in Denver. I'm in the west sfv. They said an internal memo just went out about the dta not picking up hd channels. They told me to power cycle the dta and it should clear the memory. Currently I'm getting some hd. locals but no Espn or cnn. Weirdly nick is in hd and weather plus some others

I've lost count how many times I've unplugged my adapters. It does no good. I get not one HD local (2,4,5,7,9,11,13,28, etc.) and only a handful of cable HD but none of the popular HD channels (like CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, etc.). Discovery was in HD, now it's back to standard in a small picture. The picture is so small on almost all the channels that I can't even stretch them to fill the screen. I wouldn't want to anyway, since it makes the picture look even more crappy.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

2 edits

Anonymous_ to beinhorn

Premium Member

to beinhorn
Thanks but it just a crappy upscaled feed and not an HD feed 480p at the most

I CAN SEE LARGE micro blocking est quality of a DVD that has been upscaled to 1080i

Yes the HD setting is set to auto meaning that it will change resolution depending on the channel resolution i.e 720p 480i 1080i

The reason why I can tell because it looks exactly the same as the SD feed

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

4 edits

DocDrew

Premium Member

said by Anonymous_ :

Thanks but it just a crappy upscaled feed and not an HD feed 480p at the most

What does the box diagnostics say is the input resolution on the channel? The only scaling between input and output on the box is what ever the end user sets it to be.

What I see in my area of TWC is truTV SD is on channel 74 and 112 (720x480i, stereo audio), pillar boxed on my HD set; HD on channel 1358 (1920x1080i, 5.1 audio), full screen. Looks like HD is east coast on SD is west coast feed, guide listing matches video.

In Palmdale, truTV site lists their channel being carried on 37, 112, 1358 (HD), TWCs channel list site matches. Are all 3 of those the same feed and resolution? If so local TWC made a mistake during their NCL channel change and you should call them to report it. Does the guide listing match the video?