Search similar:

uniqs
gashiva
join:2014-10-03
Alpharetta, GA

2 edits

gashiva

[Connectivity] constant blinking US/DS - signal loss

Soln: The problem was the cable from the street to the house got damaged somehow when the cable was dug in-ground. The tech laid a new cable, voila, internet!! Thanks everyone for your responses.
==
Good Morning fellow internet surfers

New to Comcast Xfinity. Service was provisioned a week ago, the cable from the street to the house was above ground until this morning.

So, I'm sitting at home sipping some coffee and mindlessly browsing the internet, *poof* goes the internet. I go ... hmm .. what's up with this? may be the router acting up something ... I got up and did something else and came back after 10 mins, only to find the internet was still down.

Long story short, the Cable Modem is now blinking US/DS and the outside cable which was above ground is now in-ground/under-ground. So our friendly neighborhood technician had paid a visit to do his job of sending cable in-ground and breaking my internet. Good job Comcast technician!! hats off to you, where ever you are.

I have a ticket open with Comcast, in the mean time, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms .. hands are shaking .. seem to have a headache .. you know ... I had to resort to my reserve supply (tethering via cell) and am really really scared (of going above my cell quota )

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? I noticed the D/S signal gets locked on the cable modem, no U/S locking :-( ... anything at all please ...

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

[Connectivity] Re: constant blinking US/DS - signal loss

said by gashiva:

So, I'm sitting at home sipping some coffee and mindlessly browsing the internet, *poof* goes the internet. ...

Long story short, the Cable Modem is now blinking US/DS and the outside cable which was above ground is now in-ground/under-ground. So our friendly neighborhood technician had paid a visit to do his job of sending cable in-ground and breaking my internet. Good job Comcast technician!! hats off to you, where ever you are.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? I noticed the D/S signal gets locked on the cable modem, no U/S locking :-( ... anything at all please ...

For most modems, a flashing upstream indicator means the modem is ranging or negotiating bonding the upstream channel(s).

So something is causing a problem in the return (upstream) path right now.

Can you provide a screenshot of your modem's RF Status and Error Log screens?
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to gashiva

Premium Member

to gashiva
Sounds like someone screwed a cable up while burying it. Yea shit happens.
gashiva
Alpharetta, GA

gashiva to telcodad

to telcodad
Click for full size
Click for full size
thank you for looking into this. Please see attached screenshots of the RF status and Log screen.
gashiva

gashiva to rody_44

to rody_44
I know ...

I wish comcast tech would have the courtesy to knock on the door and say, hey, can you make sure everything is all right. The net result is one unsatisfied customer and more expense for Comcast (service ticket, send tech again etc.,) ...

communications is a funny thing ...

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to gashiva

MVM

to gashiva
said by gashiva:

Please see attached screenshots of the RF status and Log screen.

Yeah, your signal levels are bad, your modem just managed to lock onto that very weak -19 dBmV 657 MHz downstream signal with only a 29.5 dB SNR. That's why the D/S indicator stopped flashing.

See: »Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »What should my Signal Levels be?

So you'll just have to wait and see what the tech finds and fixes it.
Bink
Villains... knock off all that evil
join:2006-05-14
Colorado

Bink to gashiva

to gashiva
said by gashiva:

I have a ticket open with Comcast, in the mean time, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms .. hands are shaking .. seem to have a headache .. you know ... I had to resort to my reserve supply (tethering via cell) and am really really scared (of going above my cell quota )

I do this fairly often—sometimes a couple of times a week—sometimes every other month. Sometimes I resort to using the Internet at the local coffee shop. Welcome to Comcast.
gashiva
Alpharetta, GA

gashiva to telcodad

to telcodad
thanks much telcodad.
gashiva

gashiva to Bink

to Bink
@ Bink - uh ho! at least with maa bell I didn't have many outages .. heck I can't even remember the last time I spoke to them on a tech issue. hmm .. seems like I'm stuck between rock solid but slow ass connection and flaky but speedy ass connection .. decisions .. decisions ... they are all right, US is lagging behind on the whole broadband band wagon.