Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

Halifax Rare Piebald Deer

Rare white deer turning heads near Halifax (CTV News)

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

I give it about 32 hours before some numb nuts shoots it.

Blake
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned)

said by Link Logger:

I give it about 32 hours before some numb nuts shoots it.

Blake

Would you rather it get hit by a car and suffer for hours/days instead?

Either way it can't be shot legally until Oct 31st unless it's with a bow, crossbow or muzzle loader and even then only by a hunter with a doe tag, which any "numb nut" would know.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger
If you read the article I linked, you'll see they mention there are around three or so of them in the same general area.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger
Given the unusual pattern a competent hunter would not shoot at it given its strange coat unless he/she was positive it was a deer.

That said there are idiots out there that ignore the law, safety and commonsense and will shoot at any movement. Choose your friends and hunting party wisely.

Link Logger
MVM
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

Know how many cows get shot during hunting season (despite the no hunting / no trespassing signs)? Heck I had some fishing poles sticking out of my backpack one fall and someone starting shooting at us, when we circled around to kick his ass he said he thought we were a moose. There are dam few hunters that I have any respect for (but there are a couple).

In fact I think we have way to many idiot hunters and so I've been proposing a open season on hunters to cull the herd sort of thing. We could allow baiting for example where you place a case of beer and some chips out and blast whoever shows up. Just think how much hunting guides could get paid by American hunters to come up here and bag a big fat hunter. We could measure points by using an inverse IQ scale and belt size.

Blake

thebaron
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Zegema Beach

1 recommendation

thebaron

Premium Member

said by Link Logger:

Know how many cows get shot during hunting season (despite the no hunting / no trespassing signs)? Heck I had some fishing poles sticking out of my backpack one fall and someone starting shooting at us, when we circled around to kick his ass he said he thought we were a moose. There are dam few hunters that I have any respect for (but there are a couple).

In fact I think we have way to many idiot hunters and so I've been proposing a open season on hunters to cull the herd sort of thing. We could allow baiting for example where you place a case of beer and some chips out and blast whoever shows up. Just think how much hunting guides could get paid by American hunters to come up here and bag a big fat hunter. We could measure points by using an inverse IQ scale and belt size.

Blake

After a stupid post like that I don't really think any hunters or anyone else for that matter even really care if they have your respect or not.

Link Logger
MVM
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

I can assure you the feeling is quite mutual, so their respect means squat to me.

Blake

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger
I can't fault you for being pissed off, getting shot at would be most unnerving, that is one of the problems with weekend warriors, they are too trigger happy and don't even thing about the direction which they are shooting, cars have been hit, buildings, and of course people. I tend to avoid hiking in conservation areas during hunting season, they are off limits to hunters but that doesn't mean anything to a certain breed. Trespassing is another thing that piss me off, but that is another rant.

Baiting is done but not quite that way, often decoy game will be set up near roads and the fuzz waits for the morons to appear, never takes long before some one drives by and starts shooting from the road. Unfortunately there are very few MNR officers left in these parts, I suspect Alberta may even been less patrolled given its size, and likely higher number of guns, beer and bad judgement.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by Thane_Bitter:

I can't fault you for being pissed off, getting shot at would be most unnerving, that is one of the problems with weekend warriors, they are too trigger happy and don't even thing about the direction which they are shooting, cars have been hit, buildings, and of course people.

I remember years back maybe it was in Maine, a woman was shot because she was wearing fluffy white mittens, the hunter saw her through the trees and thought it was a deer tail.

IIRC the locals told her later (she was a visitor) that it's better to wear something like red or orange mittens....

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1 to Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

to Thane_Bitter
said by Thane_Bitter:

Given the unusual pattern a competent hunter would not shoot at it given its strange coat unless he/she was positive it was a deer.

That said there are idiots out there that ignore the law, safety and commonsense and will shoot at any movement. Choose your friends and hunting party wisely.

I think that was the point. He was suggesting it might be shot by a numb-nuts, not a competent hunter.