All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mdv921
join:2008-06-26

mdv921

Now I know why I'll never bundle Uverse internet & TV

My internet went out yesterday morning at 10am. Called AT&T and was told there was an outage in my area affecting all Uverse products. Tech had no idea what the repair time would be. 2 hours later I called again in hopes someone would be able to give me an ETA on the repair. AT&T had shut down the tech support for my area completely and put up a recording that confirmed an outage and that the support people would have no further information. The service didn't come back up until 10:30pm last night, so it was a 12+ hour outage and no one at AT&T had any idea what was going on, or when it would be fixed.

I'm glad I still have my cable service with another cable provider. My phone service is VOIP so it was obviously out of commission as well. At least I had the cell phone. I think if my cable had been down too I might have committed a violent act by 10:30pm. LOL

iRob
join:2014-08-19
Mckinney, TX

iRob

I've had this issue before where had Internet and TV bundled. Now having it separate, if one goes down, you still got the other up.

Aloysius
@46.182.106.x

-1 recommendation

Aloysius to mdv921

Anon

to mdv921
Had a similar problem yesterday - except that my local cable company went off the air completely. No TV, no internet, no phone. And when I managed to call them from my son's pots line their recorded response was to "check online for updates". Sorta tough to do that with no internet.

Point being that it really doesn't matter who your provider is they can fall down. I know one thing, I'm going back to a pots line for my phone service.
scross
join:2002-09-13
USA

scross to mdv921

to mdv921
Yeah, I had a 24-hour Uverse triple-play outage myself a few weeks ago. It made me question why I have my all of my services bundled with them, and (more importantly) why I give them so much money for these every month. It's time to rethink things, I reckon.
Secyurityet
Premium Member
join:2012-01-07
untied state

2 recommendations

Secyurityet to mdv921

Premium Member

to mdv921
Maybe it's because I haven't had an outage longer than an hour or so, but I've had bundled U-verse since 2009 and I'm pretty happy with it (except for the regular annual price increases).
mdv921
join:2008-06-26

mdv921

AT&T sent me a request to do a survey on my recent "issue". Needless to say I took the opportunity to let them know that not giving the paying customers some idea of what's going on and an approximation of when things would be back up, is not good customer service.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to mdv921

Premium Member

to mdv921
There is good reason the old adage of don't put all you eggs in one basket has been around for centuries.