spc
Search similar:

uniqs
MysticGuitar
join:2012-04-12
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar

[TV] HD TV On Demand?

Any idea when Cogeco will start to offer HD television programming in their on demand library?
Rogers has been doing it for years. It's the reason I don't use Cogeco On Demand for television programming, as the quality is just too low.

tbonez
@108.170.132.x

tbonez

Anon

I'm hoping with the Tivo box coming, but I won't hold my breath

Cogeco_Peter
join:2012-10-03
Burlington, ON

Cogeco_Peter to MysticGuitar

to MysticGuitar
said by MysticGuitar:

Any idea when Cogeco will start to offer HD television programming in their on demand library?

We offer a number of movies and some of the premium on demand (such as TMN/HBO and Super Channel) in HD currently. We are always looking at ways of expanding the viewing experience. I will forward the interest on to the appropriate department.

Thanks!
Peter

tbonez
@108.170.132.x

tbonez

Anon

Hi Peter my Super Channel On Demand is only standard definition. Is the HD on demand supposed to be available to all?
Hamilton1
join:2007-10-28
Hamilton, ON

Hamilton1 to MysticGuitar

to MysticGuitar
My friend on Rogers gets all there VOD in HD so If he misses an episode of Survivor or Bones or any other primetime show then he can still watch it in HD.

If we miss it then our only option is to either watch it in SD on VOD or go to an online website like globaltv.com or ctv.com and watch it there. (or download it from the net which isn't legal but pretty much everybody does it).

Cogeco freed up a lot of bandwidth by loosing Analog so you would think that it would be no problem to offer these shows in HD.