All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
xQim
join:2003-09-20

1 recommendation

xQim

TWC Internet Package Boosts in Maine?

I recently saw the same commercial several times where TWC is offering 100Mbps service in my area and packages would be upgraded. I am yet to see my speeds increased, see it on their website and when phoned, no one seems to have any idea about it. Should I presume it is a like a Sonic commercial since the closest one is about 2000 miles away? I'm in Maine.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

1 recommendation

swintec

Premium Member

They have been doing this for as long as I can remember. Just a national commercial.

By the way, the nearest Sonic is just over the border in Mass., headed north on route 1.
xQim
join:2003-09-20

xQim

Thanks for the Sonic location. I'll make sure I never go there since the commercials are on every station, every second commercial and none of them are funny.

Thanks for the clarity. I'm not too surprised. Maine will see 100Mbps/5Mbps (Should be 100Mbps/25Mbps minimum), in about ten years since the only competition really, isn't really competition, aka unFairpoint. Although when Comcast takes over TWC, I would rather support unFairpoint. Can't believe I just said that.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by xQim:

I'll make sure I never go there since...

Actually, its worth going once at least. They have some tasty stuff.

I wouldnt write off TW. I think higher speeds will come sooner rather than later honestly.

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss to xQim

Premium Member

to xQim
said by xQim:

Thanks for the Sonic location. I'll make sure I never go there since the commercials are on every station, every second commercial and none of them are funny.

Thanks for the clarity. I'm not too surprised. Maine will see 100Mbps/5Mbps (Should be 100Mbps/25Mbps minimum), in about ten years since the only competition really, isn't really competition, aka unFairpoint. Although when Comcast takes over TWC, I would rather support unFairpoint. Can't believe I just said that.

Can sign up for 150/20 in the sticks of VA on Comcast so I would think when they take over it would be good. If you want to talk about competition, .5-1mbs DSL from Verizon for $39.99 a month is it. So it's not like they had to do anything.

I really think the whole Comcast being worse than TWC by so much a DSL provider is better is overdone but that's just me.