Waltjb
Premium Member
join:2014-10-10
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

Waltjb

Premium Member

[Tampa] EZ Gadget iPkone App not working properly since Arris TG1672G

The EZ Gadget iPhone App not working properly since Arris TG1672G was installed.
It does list the incoming calls and records messages.
It no longer shows alerts, which are to me the most important feature. This happened before iOS 8 Worked fine with iOS 7 until the Arris was installed.
Anyone else?

RUQRU
Mac Addict
Premium Member
join:2005-07-30
Central FL

RUQRU

Premium Member

My Easy Gadget has not recorded incoming calls since June and I have been trying to get it fixed since. I have a ticket open since August and no-one seems able to fix it. I just wrote a letter to CEO Nomi Bergman complaining about the totally crap technical support related to Easy Gadget.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by RUQRU:

My Easy Gadget has not recorded incoming calls since June and I have been trying to get it fixed since. I have a ticket open since August and no-one seems able to fix it. I just wrote a letter to CEO Nomi Bergman complaining about the totally crap technical support related to Easy Gadget.

As we discussed I found no open ticket for you. Your thread went dead and haven't heard from you since so assumed it was already addressed...update it please.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Waltjb

Premium Member

to Waltjb
said by Waltjb:

The EZ Gadget iPhone App not working properly since Arris TG1672G was installed.
It does list the incoming calls and records messages.
It no longer shows alerts, which are to me the most important feature. This happened before iOS 8 Worked fine with iOS 7 until the Arris was installed.
Anyone else?

Completely remove the App....reboot the i device and reinstall. Do NOT skip the reboot the device.

Waltjb
Waltjb
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Waltjb

Premium Member

I think I did that once already, but will try again.
Will post results.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Waltjb

Premium Member

to Waltjb
Thanks and to check you have the latest version of IOS right? Including the two most recent updates.

Waltjb
Waltjb
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Waltjb

Premium Member

Yes, I have iOS 8.0.2 on both the phone and the tablet.
I did not install 8.0.1 because it was bad and Apple took it down almost immediately.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

No worries just so long as you have current

Waltjb
Waltjb
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

2 edits

Waltjb

Premium Member

RUQRU
Mac Addict
Premium Member
Central FL

4 edits

RUQRU to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
Here is what you told me a while back on the private forum "I have no idea what number is...it is not a ticket number we use however." As I recall, you told me that you did not deal with Easy Gadget issues and that I needed to contact customer support. Was my understanding correct?

Now, I have had three online chats with CS folks who try to help. They DO FIND the ticket number I gave you and say that they have elevated it to the next level of support and that I should have a response in 2-3 days. Well, no one ever contacts me and when I tried again today the eCSR person told me the case is still under investigation. I asked why no one honors their commitment to at least get me an update and they just apologize. I have the online transcripts.

My situation is that Easy Gadget does not work on my PC, iPhone or iPad as related to incoming calls. It does allow me to use text messaging, however.

I updated the private message section...

[Waltjb - sorry, did not mean to takeover your thread]
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Waltjb

Premium Member

to Waltjb
Those are chat records not tickets that go to the relevant business units. As I said to you then I will say again. You do not have a ticket opened on this issue. I will however take care of that.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Waltjb

Premium Member

to Waltjb
AND... I asked for your modem MAC so I could continue this back in September and you never responded...so please don't sit here and say nobody tried to help you...I did, you never responded.... September 17 @ 10:32pm to be exact.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Waltjb

Premium Member

to Waltjb
The last two posts are for RUQRU not Walt.

Waltjb
Waltjb
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Waltjb to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
This is not a reply to me, is it?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Waltjb:

This is not a reply to me, is it?

LOL No...it was RUQRU.

Waltjb
Waltjb
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Waltjb to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
No cigar! Lists calls, but no alerts.
That's on iPhone. iPad is shut down for the night.

RUQRU
Mac Addict
Premium Member
Central FL

RUQRU to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
Gary, sorry for not replying earlier to you on the private thread. I was under the apparent misunderstanding that you wanted me to contact CS because you did not deal with EG issues.

Also, when I said no one responded, I was referring to the online CS people who promised a response - I was not referring to you

In any event I have moved the conversation to the private thread and will not longer respond on Waltjb's thread.

@Waltjb - again, sorry for interfering on your thread

Waltjb
Waltjb
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Waltjb

Premium Member

Not a problem, RUQRU
Waltjb

Waltjb to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
BHNtechXpert, Just to clarify, because at my age short term memory isn't great. I think that's why I try to document everything. Sometimes, though, it takes me a while to remember where the documentation is. LOL
1.I got the iPhone on 09/23
2.The Easy Gadget alerts were working on both the iPhone and the iPad.
3. They continued to work until the Arris device with the phone modem integrated was installed on 09/30.
4. I did completely uninstall the app, reboot and reinstall.
5. The problem persists.
6. This morning, I changed a couple of settings on the phone and tablet.
Will report if that solves the problem. If not, It's not a major problem, just a feature inconvenience.
Thanks for your patience with an old man.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Waltjb

Premium Member

to Waltjb
No problem.....

Waltjb
Waltjb
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Waltjb

Premium Member

said by Waltjb:

1.I got the iPhone on 09/23
2.The Easy Gadget alerts were working on both the iPhone and the iPad.
3. They continued to work until the Arris device with the phone modem integrated was installed on 09/30.
4. I did completely uninstall the app, reboot and reinstall.
5. The problem persists.
6. This morning, I changed a couple of settings on the phone and tablet.

Update:
Still not working in the iPhone nor the iPad.
It is working fine on the wired desktop and the notebook, wired through the AP Ethernet port.

RUQRU
Mac Addict
Premium Member
Central FL

1 edit

RUQRU

Premium Member

Walt: FYI to you. I left a message for BHNtechXpert alerting him that an engineer has fixed part of my problem. I now get notification on the desktop and call logging on all devices. There are, according to the engineer who called me, two separate systems that deal with notifications. The desktop one is separate from the one for mobile devices. He also fixed notifications on my iPhone!

Note that the engineer began work because my email to BHN CEO Nomi Bergman's office interceded.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by RUQRU:

Walt: FYI to you. I left a message for BHNtechXpert alerting him that an engineer has fixed part of my problem. I now get notification on the desktop and call logging on all devices. There are, according to the engineer who called me, two separate systems that deal with notifications. The desktop one is separate from the one for mobile devices. He also fixed notifications on my iPhone!

Note that the engineer began work because my email to BHN CEO Nomi Bergman's office interceded.

Actually we have multiple ppl on it....Andy was just the one who called you...no worries.

RUQRU
Mac Addict
Premium Member
Central FL

RUQRU

Premium Member

Gary, Andy was super helpful and everything is now fixed! Thanks!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by RUQRU:

Gary, Andy was super helpful and everything is now fixed! Thanks!

Yep he's a great guy....actually just finished sending him an email.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Waltjb

Premium Member

to Waltjb
Walt...

1. Close the Easy Gadget application
2. Open iOS Settings
3. select Notification Center
4. Under INCLUDE, select Easy Gadget
5. select Banners
6. Turn the Badge App Icon and Sounds to ON
7. Turn Show in Notification Center to ON
8. Close Settings
9. Open the Easy Gadget app and log in

Waltjb
Waltjb
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Waltjb

Premium Member

Thanks.
I had everything above but I had Alerts set instead of Banners, and I have it set up to auto-sign in. Will try signing out then in again with the Banners selected
Waltjb

Waltjb to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
Unfortunately, Masked Stranger, that didn't help. I had Banners selected until a few days ago when I changed to Alerts to see if that helped. It didn't. I hadn't logged out then back in, though. This little experience reminded me of why I stay logged in. Even though you have the nice green checkmark next to the "Remember" field, if you log out and close the app, then it has no memory, except for the check mark next to "Remember." That has been an issue for over a year, and there's much wailing on the App Store reviews. If one reads the reviews, then it becomes clear that users don't hold the developers of this app in high regard.
I think maybe the MTA integrated modem may be too fast for the app to get the signal when the phone rings; although it does a good job of listing the call and recording any messages.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Waltjb

Premium Member

to Waltjb
Okay plan B... Andy will likely call you tomorrow.

Waltjb
Waltjb
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Waltjb

Premium Member

Thank you. "Plan B" that sounds exciting