spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jwt0001
join:2014-03-28
Ashland, KY

jwt0001

Fox Sports Go on Bright House

I am not able to watch my local Fox station for NFL games on Fox Sports Go on my iPad. The indication is that this should be possible (I get the other Fox stations fine during events). I have no problems logging in.

I contacted Fox support and they indicated that it is a provider decision. I live in Birmingham so I don't know if it is a market decision or all of Bright House.

Any experiences from others?

Joel

Beachie
Where is Shelly Miscavige?
join:2001-07-12
Saint Petersburg, FL

Beachie

From the Fox Sports GO Android and IPad App description in the Google Play Store and iTunes:

DUE TO LEAGUE RESTRICTIONS, NFL GAMES ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN FOX SPORTS GO ON PHONES.

I would assume that would include iPads as well, although it's not mentioned specifically.

»play.google.com/store/ap ··· go&hl=en
»itunes.apple.com/us/app/ ··· 743?mt=8
jwt0001
join:2014-03-28
Ashland, KY

jwt0001

No, tablets are not included in the restrictions. It mentions that elsewhere. The reason for the phone restriction is that Verizon has an exclusive contract with the NFL for their NFL Mobile. It only shows games on the iPhone, not tablets.

What is interesting is when I first start the app, the local game appears in the list of available channels, but once I log into Bright House through the app, it disappears as a choice.