spc
Search similar:

uniqs
fibertech
join:2014-10-13
Cincinnati, OH

fibertech

Ask a tech...

If you have questions about Cincinnati Bell FiOptics please feel free to ask me. I am a technician and would be happy to clear up any questions I can.
CVGNet
join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH

CVGNet

When might we see non-GPON Gigabit service without the 250 Mbps upload restriction?
rjbasye
join:2000-05-24
Dry Ridge, KY

rjbasye

When are you going to expand Fioptics throughout the rest of Northern KY? There are many areas that still can't get Zoomtown DSL.

Gamechief
join:2010-06-09
Cincinnati, OH

Gamechief to fibertech

to fibertech
when are you going to change your website to reflect the actual tiered speeds that is now your gigabit service to actually reflect up to 500mbits.
ChrisDG74
join:2010-05-27
Cincinnati, OH

ChrisDG74 to fibertech

to fibertech
Is CBT going to increase speeds on existing tiers, now that "Gigabit" is available. All of the other ISPs do it....
fibertech
Cincinnati, OH

fibertech

Hmm, so I was hoping for technical questions. I can't really answer service area questions as they don't tell us where we are targeting next. As far at the gigabit service goes...its brand new and still under evaluation.

Im just an install tech with Cincinnati Bell and I thought it would be fun to answer technical questions if I could.
CVGNet
Cincinnati, OH

CVGNet

said by fibertech:

Im just an install tech with Cincinnati Bell and I thought it would be fun to answer technical questions if I could.

And you walked into the dragon's den....... Hopefully we can all pitch some more appropriate questions then........

Here is one more in line with installations. How do you determine whether to offer/install an internally or externally mounted ONT? I see both in similar installation situations so I'm curious as to whether the choice is fairly random, installer preference, customer preference, available stock or some other factor(s).
fibertech
Cincinnati, OH

fibertech

It appears that I have!

The choice to install and internal vs external ONT is the choice of the installer. Ideally, the ONT would be installed in a basement close to AC power. Some homes do not have a basement or the basement is completely finished and mounting an ONT is prohibitive. If mounted externally it must be grounded. My factors influence the placement of an ONT - specifically access to AC, the customers internal wiring, if the customer is getting deal tone, access to coaxial wiring, etc. An installations that use IPTV set top boxes and cat5 wire will need to be run from the ONT to the gateway.
CVGNet
Cincinnati, OH

CVGNet

OK - another techie question.....

When making the cross-connect at the local cabinet are you always connecting the customer fiber to a 32 (or other) way GPON optical splitter or do some installs get patched directly to a fiber on the CO cable?

WhartoX
join:2004-01-18
Cincinnati, OH

WhartoX to fibertech

to fibertech
What are the chances of my area (North College Hill) going from FTTC to FTTH?
jerryw45243
join:2014-10-14
Cincinnati, OH

jerryw45243 to fibertech

to fibertech
Can you help with setting up Port Forwarding on a ZTE ZXHN_H368C router?
CVGNet
Cincinnati, OH

CVGNet to WhartoX

to WhartoX
said by WhartoX:

What are the chances of my area (North College Hill) going from FTTC to FTTH?

If it is an apartment installation CB may be waiting to see if they can migrate those to G.Fast internally while maintaining a FTTdp (Fiber To The demarcation point) external infrastructure.

WhartoX
Cincinnati, OH

WhartoX

nope it's a house
CVGNet
Cincinnati, OH

CVGNet

What is the maximum download speed you can order? Is it 30Mbps? If so it sounds more like aN FTTN/VDSL installation.

WhartoX
Cincinnati, OH

WhartoX

30. Its FTTN