Search similar:

uniqs

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

[Weather] S. Ontario: humidex of 28C - 30C in places today!

It is going to be a summery day out there. Why I am I at work? I should really not be "feeling well" today!

Maxx2006
join:2013-02-02
Guelph, ON

Maxx2006

Right after the long weekend! We will take it well it's here.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

I know, it would have be great if we had this yesterday!
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to donoreo

to donoreo
Gah and today is the day that my condo building is scheduled to turn off the A/C in preparation for the switchover to heating...

Can't win for losing...

NefCanuck

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

I suspect it to be hot later today at work too. Tomorrow as well I suspect. They turned AC off a few weeks ago. It takes about a week and a team of guys to switch over.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

No pants day!
NefCanuck
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to donoreo

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

I suspect it to be hot later today at work too. Tomorrow as well I suspect. They turned AC off a few weeks ago. It takes about a week and a team of guys to switch over.

Yeah about three days here as well (draining of the coolant material and then testing of the system before the switchover is done)

Oh well, at least I'll have a pleasant drive to the doctor today, sunroof open and tunes going.

NefCanuck

neochu
join:2008-12-12
Windsor, ON

neochu to donoreo

to donoreo
This time of year and April/May are the worst times.

It doesn't know what to be outside.

modemport
join:2013-08-26
Montreal, QC

modemport to donoreo

to donoreo
with humidex it's getting up to 27c which sucks rocks. last friday it hit 11c and that's quite nice.
screw this damn heat. let's get some snow.
i'll be back in february to whine and bitch about winter

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
Sort of a misty rain here on and off, and a typical grey London sky.
NefCanuck
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to modemport

to modemport
said by modemport:

with humidex it's getting up to 27c which sucks rocks. last friday it hit 11c and that's quite nice.
screw this damn heat. let's get some snow.
i'll be back in february to whine and bitch about winter

Went ahead and booked the tire swap for the end of the month.

Have no desire to get caught when the weather finally decides to take a dump for good...

NefCanuck

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

It is going to be a summery day out there. Why I am I at work? I should really not be "feeling well" today!

What do you mean humidex? Our air temp is 27C without the humidex right now.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Was it supposed to get that hot?

I got rained on here at lunch.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Yeah i dunno if its gonna go up to 23c/28humidex here in Toronto like they predicted.... currently sitting about 19C overcast and it rained for a bit already... rain wasnt supposed to come until evening...

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

Yup. When the Buffalo forecast calls for temperatures above 80F after Thanksgiving, one raises their eyebrows.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by Gone:

said by donoreo:

Yup. When the Buffalo forecast calls for temperatures above 80F after Thanksgiving, one raises their eyebrows.

Shouldn't it be snowing in Buffalo now?

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Click for full size
The October Storm was eight years ago yesterday.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to NefCanuck

Premium Member

to NefCanuck
said by NefCanuck:

Gah and today is the day that my condo building is scheduled to turn off the A/C in preparation for the switchover to heating...

NefCanuck

That's late, it's been frosty lately.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

The October Storm was eight years ago yesterday.

Holy crap has it been eight years already?

modemport
join:2013-08-26
Montreal, QC

modemport to NefCanuck

to NefCanuck
which can happen any day even if this week is going to be fairly high temps.

i don't know about ontario but here cars are required to have winter tires in place by mid december, otherwise cops can hand out fines.

god bless being canadian and obsessed over weather

given my druthers, i'd be in southern british columbia; their temperate weather makes me jealous.
NefCanuck
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

said by NefCanuck:

NefCanuck

Our building is an odd duck, northern exposure suites like mine cool down quick once the sun hits its highest point and starts its descent, southern exposure suites stay much warmer (not to mention the height from the ground also plays a roll)

NefCanuck
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

2 recommendations

peterboro (banned) to modemport

to modemport
said by modemport:

i don't know about ontario but here cars are required to have winter tires in place by mid december, otherwise cops can hand out fines.

They should do that here. I have a shed full of sets of winters for all our families vehicles. Just bought and put on a set two weeks a go for my latest vehicle. There is no excuse to drive in the winter without the proper winter tires. If you can't afford a set then you shouldn't be on the road.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

There is no excuse to drive in the winter without the proper winter tires.

I'm at 30 years + driving in Ontario and I've never had winter tires. I've had one winter accident, but it had nothing to do with my tires (18 wheeler coming dead center of a 2 lane road guy parked on shoulder)... back before no fault insurance and neither car damaged was deemed at fault.

The last ~20 yrs I've driven a 4WD capable vehicle, although before I got rid of the old vehicle I couldn't get it to shift into 4WD during a major storm and still managed to drive around lots of people stuck and cross the Burlington skyway a few minutes before they closed it.

I think winter tires are of value, but not sure in a good part of SW Ont that they're necessary. (Just as there are a lot of idiots driving 4WD vehicles that still end up in the ditch because they just don't account for bad weather.)

On the original topic, it's been great weather this week. Even with the rain I've managed to get some good outdoors time / swimming time after work. Will likely have to consider closing the pool soon though... sigh...

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to NefCanuck

Premium Member

to NefCanuck
said by NefCanuck:

said by elwoodblues:

said by NefCanuck:

NefCanuck

Our building is an odd duck, northern exposure suites like mine cool down quick once the sun hits its highest point and starts its descent, southern exposure suites stay much warmer (not to mention the height from the ground also plays a roll)

NefCanuck

A buddy of mine has a condo 8 stories up (14ft ceilings so 112ft) and the difference in the temprature between his balcony (which is an understatement, it's bigger then a smalll condo) and the street is like night and day