Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Resident Evil Series Coming to TV

quote:
If you love Zombies, but find The Walking Dead's narrative a little too serious, pay attention: a campier option is coming soon. Constantin Film, the production group behind the Resident Evil movies has announced that the franchise is being adapted for television. It's part of a larger movement to put the company's properties on the small screen: Mortal Instruments and Perfume are also being re-worked for television. It's not clear if the Resident Evil series will be based on the movies or a new storyline derived from the video game source material, but you'll get at least one more adventure in the current film's universe before it debuts -- Constantin Film says the TV show won't launch until after it completes the 6th Resident Evil feature film.
»www.engadget.com/2014/10 ··· -series/

I think I could get into this as long as the writing is good, the cast is talented, the budget is decent and as long as its nothing like "Z Nation",.......

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown

Premium Member

The game series seems to go off an adventures to prevent and control outbreaks. Could make a good TV series.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

said by PhoenixDown:

Could make a good TV series.

Can't be worse than the movies. I think they ended up turning out fine for what they were actually going for but I remember the massive disappointment of seeing the first one in the theater expecting it to actually be like the game in terms of story and boy was I wrong. After that the subsequent entries kept rocketing further and further away from the game cannon it was honestly impressive.

I think having a TV series could work, but I won't hold my breath.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

1 recommendation

Kearnstd

Premium Member

it is a hard game to turn into a movie. After all people would get bored if they movie characters spent 90 minutes looking for keys.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Barry: "And Jill, here's a lockpick. It might be handy if you, the Master of Unlocking, take it with you."

Barry: "That was too close! You were almost a Jill sandwich!"

Jill's thoughts: This zombie just spent fifteen seconds chewing on my neck, this is bad! Wait, I know, I'll run to the {Supply Room} and get a {Green Herb} from the {Storage Chest} to fix it all up!

I mean, yes, you obviously can't make a movie that would have followed the game perfectly, and as I said they turned out fine for what they are. I was just quite disappointed in my younger years. The novels they did for the games would have been totally acceptable (albeit very poorly written) in movie form.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
Looks interesting.