All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

Cheeky Blizz support

So a few months back I bought a couple of store mounts via in game gold from a trade seller. Code first, gold when proven code works, both codes did, seller got his gold. All parties happy.

Now both mounts are fairly big, as in too big when you want to see anything, so I rarely used them. Yesterday I was just hanging around so I thought I'd jump on one only to find it not in my mount list. After ticketing I got this back:

Hello Steven,
those codes work at first, but if the payment doesn't go through, or if we find out that it was purchased with a stolen card, the mounts and pets are removed.
The problem here is that those codes are considered real money as for our scam policies, so you technically sold your World of Warcraft gold to a farming group, then got scammed real money. The trade was unsupported, and actually against our terms of use, which is why we will not be able to restore you the gold or a similar code. All I can tell you is that the user who did this to you is not coming back to the game.
Really sorry for the bad news, but at least I am happy to see that you have enough gold to face our next expansion,

So basically I've got nothing, the dodgy seller has nothing, and Blizz has just pocketed all the in game gold, but hey it's OK as I have enough for the next expansion apparently. (I do).
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

This happened to Kilroy, if I remember correctly. It' seems to be a common scam to use a stolen credit card - it goes through, they get their in-game gold, and then once they are long gone - the card payment gets rejected, and Blizzard takes action.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Cat5

to Cat5
Yup. I think moral of the story is avoid anyone trying to sell things in game that are purchased out of game.

On a side note... and I think even more clever... is someone told that they would carry me through gold CMs before the patch hit and I could either pay them 100g OR we could get on Skype to discuss out of game currency options.

Sure... let me give you my credit card number, paypal info, or send you some cash. I'll get right on that.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to clawfury

MVM

to clawfury
Yeah, it was me. I posted it as soon as it happend so others wouldn't get taken in. Like Cat5 See Profile I followed the precaution of not giving the gold until the code worked. I got screwed the same day and got a notice from Blizzard that there was a problem with the payment. So now when I see those people offering in trade chat it is right to the spam button.

I lost 30KG, not a big deal for me, but still a chunk of change.

Cat5

Cat5

This was about 40k all in, no biggie really. I just thought it was cheeky him telling me I had enough

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

I'm assuming that they can see everything about all of your toons. Since my toons all carry 1KG walking around money and my Mage Mules have at least 45KG each, I'm not hurting for money. I had to have spent at least 100KG on pets in the past couple of months.

Carpie
united state

Carpie to Cat5

to Cat5
I think if you added up all the gold I have across my toons I'd have about 12k.

PC Doc 54
aka fcapes
Premium Member
join:2000-10-28
Alamogordo, NM

PC Doc 54 to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
said by Kilroy:

I lost 30KG, not a big deal for me

Damn! If I'd have known that I would have charged you a lot more for the Darkmoon Eye ... lol!

just kidding!

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

Playing 22 max level toons with all professions maxed means you don't spend much money. I've got two of the Iron Starlettes so far. I'll probably do the quest line on all 22 toons and sell off the extras since you can cage them.
Hazmat
join:2007-07-10
Laveen, AZ

Hazmat

said by Kilroy:

I've got two of the Iron Starlettes so far. I'll probably do the quest line on all 22 toons and sell off the extras since you can cage them.

But...anyone who does the Dark Portal intro quests gets one as a reward - don't think there will be much action there, unless from players who are new to the game, or only have one alt, and it's under 90 at the moment.

Cat5

Cat5 to Kilroy

to Kilroy
said by Kilroy:

I'm assuming that they can see everything about all of your toons. Since my toons all carry 1KG walking around money and my Mage Mules have at least 45KG each, I'm not hurting for money. I had to have spent at least 100KG on pets in the past couple of months.

Any new alts get 1k to start them off. By the time they hit Panda land they have 4k a piece and all the flying, just from selling quest rewards and the gold from the quests.

I've made a fortune this expansion via glyphs. I'm was on a dead server Horde side, and had an almost total monopoly. With all professions covered, I spend practically nothing, so the gold just racked up and I was over 300k a good proportion of the time. I have since spent a lot on battle pets, especially when the servers merged.

Currently the glyphs are not selling well, and there is more competition which I forsee getting worse when we get the Alliance toons involved, as all 3 servers on ours are Alliance heavy.

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Hazmat

MVM

to Hazmat
Yes, but it is a time limited pet. Anyone who comes back after the expansion won't be able to get it. At least that's how I'm understanding this quest line.

PC Doc 54
aka fcapes
Premium Member
join:2000-10-28
Alamogordo, NM

PC Doc 54

Premium Member

I went in and got one last night. The quest line is surprisingly easy to do (on my 90 mage) but a little frustrating because there are so many players there that it takes a while to find x number of y mob to kill, but other than that I had no problems. Some of it is too easy ... you can fly in to sabotage their guns and not even dismount! Not sure about the Iron Starlette selling ... but it might be worth picking up a couple of extras and sticking them in the bank for a few months.

vic
@66.165.177.x

vic

Anon

Yeah, if it is like previous pre-expansion events, the quests will be there for these four weeks and then disappear so all the people who aren't playing now or who just don't get around to doing it will be out of luck. I'd hold them until well after the event to let some of them sell off. I've been spending a bit more than usualthe last couple of weeks, and haven't sold anything in months (taking a break from the AH after hitting it heavy for like 6 months from last Thanksgiving to this summer). Still sitting on about 775k gold on my horde toons, though, so I should be ok for WoD I do have an itch, however, for some pets and a couple of mounts, so it may drop soon.
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

I consolidated my gold into my personal bank (outside of walking money as Kilroy said) and I had 66,000g on Proudmoore, 23,000g on Darkspear, and 8,000g on Horde side Proudmoore. This xpac has been good for gold making.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
This post fits the topic, but not really the OP, so I hope its not to too remote for the thread:

I'm a bit upset at blizzard for how they went about the Prince of the Black Buff; here is a post from the official forums that sums up my feelings as well:

I really don't like to make negative comments about Blizzard at all because I really do like them a lot, but it is really unfathomable why they are being such jerks about this quest and everything associated with it for the past couple of months. People have been asking for the quest to stay or even just to extend the Gaze until WoD launch since many people were stuck on the Valor portion and having the Gaze end at pre-patch made it virtually useless for anyone on Valor. But instead we get the Gaze cut off a day early and the Ordos cloak requirement was reversed.

That's not even the part that's really a middle finger to people, it's the apathy to (intentionally or not) misleading the players and nothing being done to remedy the mistakes being made. Instead the response to getting hosed has been, "meh, sorry, meh" followed by silence.

I know this post is me being a whiner, but in addition to that quote, I had the unlucky personal situation of being on one of four eu realms that had a bug where thousands of people got locked out of their characters for ~30 hours, so I missed the entire last week of the buff (was planning on doing my LFR on the last two days of the buff due to traveling). Of course this is after being frustrated over having to wait four weeks of wasting the buff to get 3000 valor only a few days before the requirement to have valor is removed from the chain.

Anyway, I might still just barely manage the quest chain; I am at 6/20 on the part where you need 20 drops and 40 trillium bars; but that's not really the point of this post. The point is I simply can't understand why Blizzard would not leave the buff up until the opportunity to get the cloak is gone. Why have a strange period where it is easy to get for ~2 months before the expansion and then make it hard again with ~1 month to go? It just seems uncharacteristically clunky on the part of Blizzard. I can understand why so mny people on the forums are upset.

Cat5

Cat5

I struggle to feel any sympathy for people who have not done the quest. At the end of the day it's been in the game since 5.0 and if you've not done it two years down the line, then you only have yourself to blame. My main did it "at level" and then I took an alt through it after 5.4 and finished it a good 8 months ago, long before the buff came into play.

Now I don't agree with the removal of the quest, older legendaries are still obtainable, so making the cape unavailable makes no sense, however Blizz have made the decision and given players more than enough warning of it's removal, with it still being obtainable now if you've started the quest. You really cannot moan about it.

The cape itself isn't even going to be much use come WoD anyway. It will get you to 100, but after that dungeon blues are going to be better, so it's really not worth crying over.

saillaw
Premium Member
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

I would completely agree with your point of view if they had never bothered with the buff. But by implementing the buff, they convinced many people to go ahead and try for it. The stated purpose was to encourage people to give it a try before it was too late. If they want to keep it hard, keep it hard, but why give an arbitrary period of easiness in the middle of the life-cycle of the quest?

At the same time you have the hundreds of thousands of people who have re-subscribed this last quarter (I am one) many of whom didn't play the expansion until now. The possibility of still being able to get the cloak because of the buff was one of many reasons I chose to subscribe.
saillaw

saillaw to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
Also, to be clear, I was safely on target to get the cloak before the expansion based on the how long they said the buff would be active (even ignoring the stupid 4 weeks getting the valor points); but then they end the buff earlier than stated (and which they admit was a programing mistake) and for 4 realms, the last 30 hours were lost due to a server bug.

So the fact that I was on target, Blizzard screws up, and I now very well might not get it as a result, and Blizzard's reply is "meh", is what I find frustrating and very un-Blizzard like.

vic
@66.165.177.x

vic

Anon

Call me a QQer, but I am with you on this. This cape was going to be the first legendary I get while it is still current, but now it looks hazy at best (I am at 4 secrets... the trillium bars mean nothing because I can buy those at any time). Had they never made it easier to do the quest, I'd be fine with not having it. I took a little break from WoW due to not having time to play. I was at the point of collecting secrets when I went on my break. So while I am not playing, you take away the valor part of the quest (which was a pain for me, and everyone else) and give a buffed drop rate for the secrets. Now I am back and I feel like I wasted a month of playing time (time when those raids actually meant something to me, so I didn't mind doing them) collecting valor, and now I am supposed to take my 540ish ilvl Pally into raids that drop 502 gear that I have already run a dozen times to collect 20 items from bosses that I have no reason to fight anymore. To make it worse, The last 5 bosses I have downed have netted me ZERO secrets (and I used bonus rolls on 3 of them).

Add to that the fact that I can't even go back later and solo the stuff when I hit 100 to get it which has always been available for previous legendaries. Add to THAT, the fact that you changed your mind and decided to keep Ordos locked behind the legendary wall, which is against everything Blizzard has been saying for years. LFR was created so that everyone can see everything in some form while it is still current. Now Ordos is basically the original Naxx 40 of MoP where only a select few are going to be allowed to see it while it is current. Everything about this legendary was just poorly executed, from the design stage until now.

Cat5

Cat5 to saillaw

to saillaw
said by saillaw:

I would completely agree with your point of view if they had never bothered with the buff. But by implementing the buff, they convinced many people to go ahead and try for it. The stated purpose was to encourage people to give it a try before it was too late. If they want to keep it hard, keep it hard, but why give an arbitrary period of easiness in the middle of the life-cycle of the quest?

At the same time you have the hundreds of thousands of people who have re-subscribed this last quarter (I am one) many of whom didn't play the expansion until now. The possibility of still being able to get the cloak because of the buff was one of many reasons I chose to subscribe.

The quest isn't going away though, is it? I thought you had to have started it by 6.0 as the breadcrumb was being removed, but if you're already on it, you can continue with it until completion, minus the 3000 valor bit of course.

Also the thousands of re-subscribers are a pretty moot point. I started playing in Wrath and would have loved the black drake, but Blizz took it out, and I was never going to gear and get raiding in time. If those players were that keen on the questline when it was current content then they could have subscribed earlier. It's just one of those things.

Carpie
united state

Carpie to saillaw

to saillaw
I'll bite. At first it is easy to take Cat's viewpoint that there was plenty of time to get this. BUT%u2026 at the end of the day you guys are right.

They should have just left the buff to get the cloak easier until WoD and followed through with allowing people to get to Ordos without it like they said they were going to. Because honestly%u2026 at the end of the day what difference does it make? It is going to be gear that is antiquated in a month's time anyhow so why not let those 600k people that are coming back feel some quick gratification. It will keep them interested once WoD drops.

saillaw
Premium Member
Dismay

saillaw to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
Cat666 My understanding is that the quest will be going away too (there is lots of crying about that on the general forums where people are arguing that they should just take the reward away but leave the quest for the lore lovers).

Also I don't think I explained the re-subscribers point very well. When I was debating re-subbing (I played from Vanilla launch until MoP launch, took a monk to 90 during the launch rush, then unsubscribed until only a few weeks ago) blizzard had a bunch of publicity out explaining all the excitement of the upcoming expansion, but encouraging you to resub now and giving lots of reasons why; one of which was the buff to get the cloak. That really caught my eye because I have never managed to get a Legendary while it was still current (just barely current now, but still it counts) so between that, the Southshore/TM battles, MC 40 man, the boost to 90, etc, I decided to try resubbing.

Don't get me wrong, I would have still resubbed without it, and I have been having a blast anyway, but it was certainly one of the factors that made the decision easier. I doubt I am alone.

You are right though, all said it is not really that big a deal, its just that in the past Blizzard has almost always found a way to appear reasonable imho. In this case I can't follow their logic.
saillaw

saillaw to vic

Premium Member

to vic
I 100% share your pain

Cat5

Cat5 to saillaw

to saillaw
said by saillaw:

Cat666 My understanding is that the quest will be going away too (there is lots of crying about that on the general forums where people are arguing that they should just take the reward away but leave the quest for the lore lovers).

The quest has gone. You can go longer start it and can only complete it if you've accepted it already. I'll admit I'm against Blizz taking it out, any noob can grind out any of the other legendaries and taking out the easiest to get legendary makes no sense to me, however it's removal was publicised and you can still get it if you have the quest now. I'm gutted I didn't get the wolf from a Garrosh kill, but I knew it was being removed, and chose to be a lazy git.
said by saillaw:

Also I don't think I explained the re-subscribers point very well. When I was debating re-subbing (I played from Vanilla launch until MoP launch, took a monk to 90 during the launch rush, then unsubscribed until only a few weeks ago) blizzard had a bunch of publicity out explaining all the excitement of the upcoming expansion, but encouraging you to resub now and giving lots of reasons why; one of which was the buff to get the cloak. That really caught my eye because I have never managed to get a Legendary while it was still current (just barely current now, but still it counts) so between that, the Southshore/TM battles, MC 40 man, the boost to 90, etc, I decided to try resubbing.

As long as you have the quest, you can still complete it. It may take a little longer without the buff, but it's still fairly easy and old content. I'll admit queing for LFR is a pain, however you can still go do normal if you wish, which makes it no different than the staff from Firelands, or the dagger from Dragon Soul.

saillaw
Premium Member
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

But you understand that you can only get it if you complete the quest before Nov 13? After then it is impossible.

I have done SoO and Throne this week, post buff, and got only 5 of the secrets I needed (got one post buff last week)... so I have 6 now meaning I need to get 14 more and then 12 more of the other drop before the 13th... only 3 more resets... probably not possible, but maybe just provided I have a little better luck with the drops on the next couple of resets.

If the buff had not ended a week early for me due to blizzard's fault, I would have gotten 18 before the buff disappeared. Meaning only 14 left for 4 resets, no problem.

BG5150
join:2008-08-14
New York, NY

BG5150 to Carpie

to Carpie
said by Carpie:

I think if you added up all the gold I have across my toons I'd have about 12k.

When I was playing, I kept around 30-40k across toons.

vic
@66.165.177.x

vic

Anon

said by BG5150:

I'm at about 750k on my horde toons (was over 800, but went rare pet hunting over the last couple of weeks)

saillaw
Premium Member
Dismay

saillaw to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
I got my cloak today . It seems that blizzard secretly boosted the drop rate (not directly, but by allowing you to loot the drops on both LFR and Normal versions during the same week). I am happy, but still think Blizzard fumbled on that black prince buff.