spc
Search similar:

uniqs
cissjbk
join:2010-11-17
West Columbia, SC

cissjbk

FIOS Business Customer Questions

So, I have a customer on the West Coast (California) whose building is being lit for FIOS and Charter Cable -- he's really like to go with the FIOS if the reliability is all that they say it is. We manage his firewall system (he's a DOD contractor) ... I have another customer elsewhere in the country with home (consumer) FIOS and it's a real pain to have accessible all external services on the firewall via this service, as there appear to be a lot of machinations involved to get this to work correctly (my customer's words, not mine .. he has his commercial firewalls, used on another service licensed with us). Is the router / CPE interface for commercial customers with static IP (ranges) different than what is provided for home users? If so, does it work correctly with 3rd party commercial firewalls?

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

Its the same router, but for business ( just internet ) you can have anything you want on your customers end as the ONT can be configured for Ethernet WAN
cissjbk
join:2010-11-17
West Columbia, SC

cissjbk

IF configured for ONT WAN as you say, that means they can't have FIOS TV, though, right?

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

Incorrect. Ethernet WAN or coax WAN makes no difference to FIOS-TV.

If you're going with static IPs, you will want to reserve one for the Actiontec for FIOS-TV and use the other static IPs through your own router.
nyrrule27
join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ

nyrrule27

Preferred setup for business fios with TV and static. Ont to switch, then Wan Ethernet on vz router to switch and use the first static ip your assigned for the vz router. That way if you call into tech support the system can test the vz router properly. Then hook the rest of your equipment to the switch and configure that the way you want it.