join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

3 recommendations

PX Eliezer1 to DaveSin

Premium Member

to DaveSin

Re: [Anveo] anveo stopped my service--very Weird

If these are flat-rate service plans (which they are) then:

a) There needs to be an option to block texts, especially considering all the text spam and text phishing these days.

-OR-

b) The flat-rate plan needs to include some allowance for texts in addition to the existing allowances for inbound and outbound calls.

The current situation is untenable as well as illogical.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

8 recommendations

Mango to anveo

Premium Member

to anveo
If a customer's credit card issuer will do a chargeback on a service, the card issuer is sure to rule in the customer's favour.

Regardless of what's buried in your TOS, you don't suspend telephone service with no warning, you especially don't do it if it's prepaid for a year, and you REALLY don't do it over three cents.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

2 recommendations

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by Mango:

Regardless of what's buried in your TOS, you don't suspend telephone service with no warning, you especially don't do it if it's prepaid for a year, and you REALLY don't do it over three cents.

That about says it all.
Porch
join:2005-06-19

Porch to lizzcj

to lizzcj
Anyone remember when SMS first came out? If you didn't have an SMS plan on your cell, they would charge you 50 cents for receiving one. And no, they could not block them.

Last I checked, both voip.ms and Vitelity can disable SMS on there DID.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to PX Eliezer1

to PX Eliezer1
said by PX Eliezer1:

said by Mango:

That about says it all.

They may set up a way to block any extras though. Keep the prepaid part going block any textx or calls not covered by the prepaid like international to uncovered countries.
anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

2 edits

8 recommendations

anveo to lizzcj

Premium Member

to lizzcj
Thanks to all for some really great ideas and suggestions. As immediate steps the following actions were taken:
1. all Anveo OBITALK special packages were reconfigured to allow users go -$1 (negative $1) without affecting incoming calling.
2. Incoming SMS are automatically blocked when account balance is $0.
3. In the very near future we will add an option to block SMS on a phone number.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

Sweet.

RobThompson
Caution - VoIP Challenged Alert
Premium Member
join:2012-02-14
J8G 0C9

1 recommendation

RobThompson to lizzcj

Premium Member

to lizzcj
Like I said, Anveo is a reputable VSP.
nonymous (banned)
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to lizzcj

to lizzcj
Blocking big extra coverages is a plus for both user and provider. If hundreds or thousands of international calls went through? A balance of security for provider and user.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

1 recommendation

Arne Bolen to RobThompson

Premium Member

to RobThompson
said by RobThompson:

Once again Anveo have shown that they listen to their customers.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

A good and sensible solution.
DaveSin
join:2009-07-17

DaveSin to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
I'm in total agreement. Very quick to implement features from feedback and of course, offer an unmatched feature set. Overall, an excellent VOIP provider.
said by Arne Bolen:

said by RobThompson:

Once again Anveo have shown that they listen to their customers.

wideglide36
join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA

wideglide36 to anveo

to anveo
said by anveo:

Thanks to all for some really great ideas and suggestions. As immediate steps the following actions were taken:
1. all Anveo OBITALK special packages were reconfigured to allow users go -$1 (negative $1) without affecting incoming calling.
3. In the very near future we will add an option to block SMS on a phone number.

Very good decisions.

Our consultation fees will be arriving shortly.............

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

2 recommendations

Arne Bolen to DaveSin

Premium Member

to DaveSin
said by DaveSin:

Very quick to implement features from feedback

The OP made his post outside business hours at 5pm and by midnight Anveo had a solution ready and implemented. That's really impressive!
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
join:2014-08-20
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX to anveo

Premium Member

to anveo
Thank you! As a new customer I feel much better now.
mike8675309
join:2009-01-05
Farmington, MN

mike8675309 to lizzcj

to lizzcj
Can't wait for the switch. I've found that stores that use customer cards for tracking points and stuff ask for phone numbers, but then treat those phone numbers as those they are mobile numbers. That has caused me to see SMS messages coming from various stores lately that I never saw before. Of course the Anveo Free plan doesn't let you do anything with those SMS's so you only see them if you log into your Anveo account. That's how I found them recently.
DoctorStinky
join:2011-11-10
Brunswick, ME

2 recommendations

DoctorStinky to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
The first few Anveo posts in this thread weren't exactly encouraging, though, pretty much leaving the issue squarely in the OP's lap. I'm glad they turned it around; it didn't reflect well on them at all.
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

1 edit

vincom to anveo

to anveo
said by anveo:

+1
please do it asap, when i get a sms i usually add it to my blocklist if its from a spammer but cant to it if its from a legit phone #.
i know its only a penny/sms and i dont get many of them but its a pia
rudeboy24
join:2002-10-14
Welland, ON

1 recommendation

rudeboy24 to anveo

to anveo
If your going to force SMS on ALL your users, then it should be free.
lizzcj
join:2014-10-14
Houston, TX

lizzcj to anveo

to anveo
Thank you for your prompt response and thank all of you who gave supportive comments.
Update: I was able to receive calls but still can NOT make any calls (both domestic and international) starting from yesterday--there is still negative 3 cents in my account.
However, I got IM from anveo 1 hour ago that my precious 3 cents have been added. Hope I can really use my phone when I get home today.
I will keep you posted.
Also please let us know once your have added the function of "block sms". Thank you!
nonymous (banned)
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
What time zones is everyone in?
said by Arne Bolen:

said by DaveSin:

Very quick to implement features from feedback

The OP made his post outside business hours at 5pm and by midnight Anveo had a solution ready and implemented. That's really impressive!

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by nonymous:

Anveo is based in the Eastern time zone.
Pufferty
Perpetual Newbie
join:2014-07-07
Rockville, MD

3 recommendations

Pufferty to DoctorStinky

to DoctorStinky
said by DoctorStinky:

The first few Anveo posts in this thread weren't exactly encouraging, though, pretty much leaving the issue squarely in the OP's lap

Its amazing how folks jump in front of one another to laud the most praise in situations like this. As I saw this thread, Anveo rudely dismissed the issue and was cornered into implementing an equitable solution. Had the customer not been savvy enough to post here, the outcome would have been completely in the other direction. What's "reputable" about that?
nonymous (banned)
Glendale, AZ

1 recommendation

nonymous (banned)

said by Pufferty:

said by DoctorStinky:

The first few Anveo posts in this thread weren't exactly encouraging, though, pretty much leaving the issue squarely in the OP's lap

Its amazing how folks jump in front of one another to laud the most praise in situations like this. As I saw this thread, Anveo rudely dismissed the issue and was cornered into implementing an equitable solution. Had the customer not been savvy enough to post here, the outcome would have been completely in the other direction. What's "reputable" about that?

There is a balance in security for the customer and the company in voip. A little leeway is good or leaving up the services paid for and killing say extra like sms or international calls not covered.
But is it $1 . $10 or more that is enough or too much. In this case for a few sms $1 is a good balance.
But the limit was set for both customer and company and now adjusted. But a limit had to be set and the first limit was corrected. If no limit a customer could wake up to mucho negative and that would be bad for everyone.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

mozerd to Pufferty

MVM

to Pufferty
said by Pufferty:

said by DoctorStinky:

I cannot agree more. I for one was wondering where simple common sense got lost in the discipline of customer relations. I am also glad that Anveo adapted ... with reservations.

Rickety
@46.165.192.x

Rickety to Arne Bolen

Anon

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

said by nonymous:

Anveo is based in the Eastern time zone.

Of what country?
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to mozerd

Premium Member

to mozerd
said by mozerd:

I cannot agree more. I for one was wondering where simple common sense got lost in the discipline of customer relations. I am also glad that Anveo adapted ... with reservations.

Agreed.

I think that their [original] response was somewhat....elitist.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen to Rickety

Premium Member

to Rickety
said by Rickety :

Of what country?

Anveo is based in Pennsylvania, USA.
lizzcj
join:2014-10-14
Houston, TX

lizzcj

update: FINALLY I can make phone calls after 5 days of complete service shutting down, can't believe this is all because of 3 cents!
Hope all the customers won't have this kind of experience any more.

RobThompson
Caution - VoIP Challenged Alert
Premium Member
join:2012-02-14
J8G 0C9

2 recommendations

RobThompson to Pufferty

Premium Member

to Pufferty
said by Pufferty:

Anveo offered a pretty good package and the terms were clear as shown above. They defended what they offered. They saw the flaw. They re-thunk it. They fixed it. That's 'reputable' enough for me.