spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Ice8030
@96.38.81.x

Ice8030

Anon

[CATV] Finally full screen guide after digital update

Our digital upgrade happend last night and finally they put a new option in the menu to make the guide full screen. I have a moto dvr and before there was no way to get the guide off 4:3 but I went into the menu that you have to turn the box off and hit menu key and they added a new one which says stretch graphics. was never on there before as soon as I hit tha,t guide nows fills all 50" just letting anybody know. I complained about it before so was happy

CoolMan
join:2008-01-07
Maryville, TN
ARRIS BGW210-700
Netgear R7000

1 edit

CoolMan

Did they also add the option of HD Auto Tune, for example where you can enter 9 and it takes you to 709 ABC HD automatically? I was just curious.

»www.myaccount.charter.co ··· eid=3342
»www.myaccount.charter.co ··· 832#auto

ice8030
@96.38.81.x

ice8030

Anon

Not sure yet haven't looked but the cheap pace hd box in the bedroom has had it for awhile but not the moto dvr you didn't even need to hit anything it would switch automatically so ill check hold on. ok I checked it dosent matter I went to fox 43 not the 700 station and its in hd on channel 43 so was nbc and cbs so it didn't autotune the low channel was on hd cool
armed
join:2000-10-20

armed

Wait.... what?
said by ice8030 :

ok I checked it dosent matter I went to fox 43 not the 700 station and its in hd on channel 43 so was nbc and cbs so it didn't autotune the low channel was on hd cool

ice8030
@96.38.81.x

ice8030

Anon

that's what I said my dvr had auto somewhat which means if I went to fox 43 to watch sleepy hollow before it would say select ok to switch to hd. it dosent say that now. channel 43 is in full hd so is all the network channels. Until the other poster asked me I wans't sure so I went in there to check and sure enough all low channels show in hd no auto tune it wouldn't even ask to switch channels I hit info on my tv and it said channel 43 hd 5.1 and it looked good all I know to say

CoolMan
Maryville, TN
ARRIS BGW210-700
Netgear R7000

CoolMan to Ice8030

to Ice8030
Good to know thanks for checking.

Hopefully it's added to the Tri-Cities region (Kingsport/Bristol/Johnson City surrounding) when they go all-digital as well. I don't actually use them for TV service but I would like it added so when I'm somewhere that has Charter in the area (especially restaurants, lobby's, offices etc.) it will automatically be on the HD cause many never go to the higher channels in the 700s even though it will be a HD box hooked up to a HD flat screen TV.

You said your Pace has had it for a while (pre-all digital), so I wonder if some of the boxes in the Tri-Cities area may have it then. I just know I've been to many business' and they will have the SD channel on even though it will be a HD capable box. Although I think Charter does charge extra for HD on Business accounts so that maybe why since the business might not have HD service.

Surely they will add it to the Tri-Cities region especially with Kingsport being the location of the master headend for the entire East region of the state.
DigitalManny
join:2014-01-08
Glendale, CA

DigitalManny to Ice8030

to Ice8030
I wonder when Charter is going update the Cisco guide, I doubt anytime soon.
dalejr33
join:2000-08-09
Bristol, TN

dalejr33 to CoolMan

to CoolMan
When I upgraded to an HD cable box at the end of August, I had HD Auto Tune for about 3 days until Charter downgraded the software on it. So it's been the old guide and no auto tune ever since then.
redwings1914
join:2007-11-27
Chicago, IL

redwings1914 to Ice8030

to Ice8030
Could you post a picture of this please?

Ice8030
@96.38.81.x

Ice8030

Anon

Click for full size
All the low channels say HD now so don't know what there going to do with the duplicate 700 channelss
Ice8030

Ice8030 to redwings1914

Anon

to redwings1914
All the low channels say HD now so don't know what there going to do with the duplicate 700 channelss

CoolMan
Maryville, TN
ARRIS BGW210-700
Netgear R7000

CoolMan

said by Ice8030 :

That is how HD Auto Tune is designed to work according to the support article I linked to in post #2.
quote:
If HD Auto Tune is enabled and an SD channel number is entered or selected from the guide, the SD channel number will be displayed with the HD channel name and HD program information. For example, with HD Auto Tune enabled, SD channel 30, TBS, will be listed as channel 30, TBSHD, with the HD program information in the guide and on the channel banner

ice8030
@96.38.81.x

ice8030

Anon

oh ok I thought auto tune just switched you to the 700+ hd channel automatically my pace box would do that. It dosent anymore of course.Thanks for the info. its nice now that you can just start at channel 6 and go up without worrying about sd.

CoolMan
Maryville, TN
ARRIS BGW210-700
Netgear R7000

CoolMan to Ice8030

to Ice8030
The all-digital upgrade is happening November 11th for the Tri-Cities TN/VA market.

»www.johnsoncitypress.com ··· ustomers
quote:
The company will begin on Nov. 11 switching local residents over to all-digital encoding from the previous, bandwidth-heavy analog signal, meaning customers who previously plugged coaxial cables directly into their TVs will now need converter boxes to turn the ones and zeroes of the digital signal into their favorite shows.

Customers in Bristol, Johnson City and Elizabethton are targeted for this part of the piecemeal transfer, which will run through the end of the year, according to the company.

Although customers used to rigging up their own networks of cable splitters and snaking coax to send television programs to multiple rooms in their houses will now need the new boxes at every set, the changeover will allow Charter to increase speeds for Internet customers because of the freed up bandwidth.

In an emailed media release, the telecom company said residential Internet speeds will double, from 30 Mbps to 60 Mbps at no cost after the conclusion of the upgrade.

Read more: Digital upgrade means new hardware for Charter customers | Johnson City Press »www.johnsoncitypress.com ··· IAFI1GSs

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE to Ice8030

Premium Member

to Ice8030
It's not related to the "All Digital Upgrade".

I've had all digital for months now and still don't have HD Auto Tune and/or all HD guide.
arbit3r9
Nighthawk RAX80 Arris SB8200 rev4
join:2006-02-08
Dorr, MI

arbit3r9 to Ice8030

to Ice8030
The HD auto tune is a setting in the menu under setup you can turn off if you don't want it.

In a way the analog channel being gone is a good thing even if it don't seem like it. For every 1 analog channel that they had on the network, it needed the bandwidth that 10 digital channels need. So it opened up a ton of capacity on the cable wire.

Here we had about 70 analog channels back in june when they switched here. That is a lot of analog bandwidth.

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

mmainprize to Ice8030

to Ice8030
Sorry to say but you did not get a upgraded guide and it is really not a HD full screen guide.

When you turn on stretch it just stretches the 4:3 video in this case the guide , it is still the same guide of only 1.5 hours and only 4 info lines with ads in both info areas.
Ice8030
join:2014-10-22

Ice8030

I know that but before all digital even the stretch menu option wouldn't fill thescreen stayed in 4:3 no matter what the guide i mean. I was just saying after the all digital they added stretch graphics which wasn't on there before and now I can get guide to fill all 50 inches I know the guide is not new. Can't wait for spectrum guide but believe I'll be comcast by then%uD83D%uDE1F
mdavej
join:2004-06-09
united state

2 edits

mdavej

Click for full size
My guide on Charter has looked like this for years. No need to tolerate their terrible interface. Just sayin'

(This is just an example. My actual screen is even better, with 11 lines and bigger logos. Guide is also semi-transparent, so you see the current program playing in the background. And this is also $16-$25/month cheaper than a Charter DVR).

»www.silicondust.com/prod ··· n/prime/
»cetoncorp.com/products/infinitv/

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

mmainprize

Double post
mmainprize

mmainprize to mdavej

to mdavej
said by mdavej:

My guide on Charter has looked like this for years. No need to tolerate their terrible interface. Just sayin'

I can not agree more, i just switched to that guide and find it much better. Once i got the remote programmed to control all the features and devices i have it becomes very slick. DVR to boot without a monthly fee.

I just don't know what took me so long to make the change.

I now see that TV's are coming out with Roku built into them. Also Silicondust has a plugin for Android TV's that will connect to the networked tuners so no STB need at all. Big things coming soon.

CoolMan
Maryville, TN
ARRIS BGW210-700
Netgear R7000

CoolMan to Ice8030

to Ice8030
Tri-Cities Charter market successively made the all-digital switch yesterday.

Of course there is always a few customers that are unhappy with it...

Charter makes the switch to all-digital, box needed
quote:
SULLIVAN COUNTY, TN (WJHL) - Some customers can't watch TV after a communications company switched to an all-digital network Tuesday in the Tri-Cities.

For Charter Communications customers, the company said the benefits will be more channels and faster Internet. But customers can't enjoy the benefits without a key piece of required equipment, a digital box. Until Tuesday the digital box was optional in the Tri-Cities, but now it's required on every televisions hooked to Charter Cable.

After the switch, News Channel 11 got several calls from upset Charter customers.

"They backed me into a corner," said Charter customer Rita Friedman. Friedman has been getting her cable and internet services from Charter Communications for six years.

Charter said it started warning their customers a month ago that an all-digital change would be coming, and that the change would require a digital box for each TV in the home.
Read more: »www.wjhl.com/story/27359 ··· x-needed