Search similar:

uniqs
perryrpj
Premium Member
join:2006-06-14
Bedford, TX

perryrpj

Premium Member

Experiences with Private Internet Access - PayGarden? Hardware I can use?

Please forgive me for being a total newb on VPN's. After reading reviews, etc., which I pretty much now believe are not reliable, it seemed that Private Internet Access would be perfect for me. I guess I am just not perfect for them.

I tried 4 methods of payment, even used two links to purchase email gift cards to two different stores, both of which initially took my orders, via my only credit card, that I use for anything and everything. Odd, that both cancelled the orders about 6 hours after the card went through?

After this fiasco, I am ready to go with hardware if someone would be so kind as to point me to a link (there is a large Fry's here, and I purchase hardware from newegg and Amazon--I built my first box in ~1998). I really just want VPN mostly to play Diablo II with my gaming-challenged girl friend two states away, and for my "right" (such as it is) to anonymity.

Thank you for any suggestions, and my apologies for being a newb to this.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

said by perryrpj:

I am ready to go with hardware if someone would be so kind as to point me to a link

...I've got a couple choice explitives for types that don't bother to RTFM before asking the same question(s) over and over, but did you try this?
specifically the links for buying a preconfigured router? Otherwise, alt firmwares like DDWRT, tomato, et al should give you a pretty good guide on what's compatible, if you're looking for the VPN to be run from the router itself.

My 00000010bits

Regards
kc88
join:2014-09-26

kc88 to perryrpj

to perryrpj
Have you tried ExpressVPN or StrongVPN?