uniqs

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

Are there any real butcher shops left?

Specifically looking in the western burbs., Naperville, downers grove etc.
Parneli
join:2004-12-28
Naperville, IL

Parneli

There's a meat market in Wheaton on Naperville road a couple blocks N of Roosevelt but I've never been in there.
Parneli

Parneli to Jon5

to Jon5
I asked around today and this is what I was given:

»www.wheatonmeat.com/
»www.davesmeatmarket.org/
»primentendermeats.com/
»www.millersbutchershop.com/

This is the 'new' city meat market in Naperville that closed last year and reopened with a brat focus »www.kregersbrats.com/Kre ··· rs_.html

I tend to buy meat at Casey's in Naperville, but I've heard good things about Standard Market (Westmont.Naperville)- but those are all grocery stores

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV

VegasMan to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
If you're willing to look around work there is one on NW Hwy just west of Smith. And one at Buffalo Grove Rd and McHenry Rd.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

I guess grocery stores are okay if they have a good selection. The Jewel by me pretty much has beef, chicken, turkey & pork. The most exotic thing they have is probably Veal. If I want lamb or duck or something I have to order it.

Sometimes I get a bug up my butt to try something on the grill while surfing recipes. Pretty much kills it though if I can't just run out and get what I need and need to order it and wait 2-3 days.
Parneli
join:2004-12-28
Naperville, IL

Parneli

I don't go there much, because it's not by my house but I was in Meijer of all places a few months ago and they had all sorts of stuff I was surprised at. Lamb, rabbit, live lobster, etc.

Never bought meat there so I can't speak to the quality but maybe that's worth a try

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

Ya know I didn't even think of Meijer. Haven't been there in a while. Maybe I'll make a run this weekend and see what they have.