Search similar:

uniqs
akoostik
join:2013-11-07

akoostik

Rogers Freebie

Sweet email from Rogers:
"Dear akoostik,

Get more hockey action this season – in a big way! As a thank you for being a Rogers Hybrid Fibre 250 Internet customer, we're giving you a FREE subscription to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ for the entire 2014-15 season.* A value of $200. "

Go Sports!
Anzio
join:2008-11-22

Anzio

They've been marketing the hell out of this offer. It's available for all high-speed users at home, and all wireless users.

AOD
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
M9B

AOD

Premium Member

said by Anzio:

They've been marketing the hell out of this offer. It's available for all high-speed users at home, and all wireless users.

only until the end of December. Apparently if you are a 250 user then what akoostik See Profile is saying a free NHL SUB for the entire season.

RogersMikeT
VIP
join:2011-09-30
North York, ON

RogersMikeT

Not just the 250 plan ... here are the eligibility requirements for a full season:

Wireless: Any in-market Share Everything Plan
OR
Internet (Ontario):
- Hybrid Fibre 60 or above
- Grandfathered Extreme Internet or above
Internet (Atlantic):
- Hybrid Fibre 50 or above
- Grandfathered Extreme Internet or above

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

In other words, every bend over plan.

They should also consider people on Digital VIP or higher cable plans. No love for those folks.
Hooter
join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

Hooter

Yes, it hardly seems fair at all. We have digital VIP, home phone, 3 cell phones (grandfathered family plan), and grandfathered Express Internet. We spend far more than my son who only has one service (the grandfathered Extreme plan), yet he qualifies for the deal while we do not.

RogersMikeT
VIP
join:2011-09-30
North York, ON

1 edit

RogersMikeT

said by HiVolt:

They should also consider people on Digital VIP or higher cable plans. No love for those folks.

Funny you should mention that because those customers are also eligible for NHL Centre Ice for the remainder of the regular season if they have:

TV:
Digital VIP or higher

AND
Internet (Ontario):
Hybrid Fibre 60 or above
Internet (Atlantic):
Hybrid Fibre 50 or above
Grandfathered Extreme customers and above

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Oh really, colour me surprised then. I thought it was only for wireless internet or cable internet. I only have Digital VIP right now.

How can i sign up for that?

Oh, I just realized you said Center ice, on Cable. I was hoping that as a Digital VIP customer i could at least try out the Gamcenter Live thing, but it appears its only limited to internet customers (wireless & cable).
akoostik

akoostik to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

I can't really complaint with paying $125.00 for unlimited 250/20 service (w/ rental)

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by akoostik:

said by HiVolt:

I can't really complaint with paying $125.00 for unlimited 250/20 service (w/ rental)

You should, considering how little usage actually costs the ISP's.

Remember Unlimited has only returned in the past year to the incumbents, and for 5+ years prior these companies loved making big bucks from literally nothing with the usage fees.
HiVolt

HiVolt

Premium Member

Which are the NHL Center Ice Channels? I see NHL games listed on some of the Super Sports Pak channels but they are all greyed out and unauthorized.

Do i have to call in to activate this?
Hooter
Scarborough, ON

2 edits

Hooter

They are likely greyed out and unauthorized because unless you subscribe to both Digital VIP AND an Internet plan (Hybrid Fibre 60 or above; Grandfathered Extreme customers and above), you are not eligible for free Centre Ice. It is yet another scheme by Rogers to get customers to spend more on upgrading their packages. Since you only have Digital VIP with no Internet, Rogers will happily take your $200 plus to subscribe to Centre Ice! (I remember too the days when a paid subscription to Centre Ice automatically gave you a free subscription to Game Centre Live.)
said by RogersMikeT:

Funny you should mention that because those customers are also eligible for NHL Centre Ice for the remainder of the regular season if they have:

TV:
Digital VIP or higher

AND
Internet (Ontario):
Hybrid Fibre 60 or above
Internet (Atlantic):
Hybrid Fibre 50 or above
Grandfathered Extreme customers and above

Again MikeT from Rogers I have to ask, why Rogers does not even consider rewarding valued customers who subscribe to 3 or 4 services with a free subscription to Centre Ice? Why does it have to be a specific plan unless of course the ultimate goal is to suck customers into upgrading their current packages.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Ahh so i need internet too... no way in hell that's ever gonna happen.

Its OK, Rogers is working very hard on booting itself from my house alltogether... I ported to Wind a few weeks ago and not even a winback attempt from them yet, i guess they dont care about a 14 year old cell account. that doesnt want to pay $80+ for cell service that should be costing less than $50.
Hooter
Scarborough, ON

Hooter

Nope! Rogers does not care. Everything they do is about money and trying to get their customers to upgrade to a more expensive plan. That is what the so-called "freebies" are really all about. My cell phone plan expired a few days ago and I am shopping around with everyone but Rogers. Even Bell Mobility has a better plan, with a better selection of phones and better travel packages! I will certainly check out Wind!
akoostik

1 edit

akoostik

I get it, we're all being shafted, but based on the services currently available, I'm getting quality service at a decent price. If only they can fix the gaming lag. Care to chime in, RogersMikeT See Profile?

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

said by akoostik:

I'm getting quality service at a decent price.

This is why Rogers (and the other 2, cause let's face it they're not innocent) get away with this B.S.

You may be getting "quality service" but it most certainly is not at a "decent price". All services from the Big 3 are "Premium" and as such carry a "Premium" price tag. The unlimited Hybrid 60 plan costs $107 with tax with Rogers. Others have the exact same plan for $35-40 less. That's hardly "decent" pricing.
Rogers_Chris
VIP
join:2010-12-15
Toronto, ON

Rogers_Chris to akoostik

to akoostik
said by akoostik:

I get it, we're all being shafted, but based on the services currently available, I'm getting quality service at a decent price. If only they can fix the gaming lag. Care to chime in, RogersMikeT See Profile?

If you're having issues with service, reach out to @RogersHelps or Facebook.com/Rogers and we'll look into it.