Pink Pecker
Premium Member
join:2000-08-16
East Puddle
·Shoreham Telephone

koam

Premium Member

[Hardware] Belkin Router - ethernet ports not working

I've had this Belkin f7D8301 Router for a while. Normally, it works fine.

Recenty it has stopped allowing connections via ethernet to the four LAN ports.

For example, the XBox One and a Sprint Airrave are both not getting proper connections via Ethernet.

I'm using the router for WiFi OK and have tried rebooting it.
koam

koam

Premium Member

The VOIP is going through an ethernet port on the router. ViaTalk Linksys PAP2T with a static IP, I think. When I use the dial in codes **** Sapura Config menu 110# the phone adapter does read me the IP address through the phone. THat address matches the one that I have in the DNS.
This is provided just to show that something is working on one of the LAN ports on the Belkin router.

I need to know how I can test the other LAN ports.

I have attached an ethernet cable from my laptop pc to one of the LAN ports on the Belkin Router. What do I do next to test?(I'm going to look around)
koam

koam

Premium Member

Only 1 of the 4 LAN ports on the router is working. I have confirmed this by trying the VOIP on different LAN ports- did not work. I am also only able to connect my laptop to the router and get online via ethernet on the 1 port.

Talking to Belkin support

BlueMist
join:2011-01-24
Cookeville, TN

BlueMist to koam

to koam
Have you tried defaulting the router to factory default and reconfiguring it.

Once you get it defaulted plug a PC into one of the LAN ports and verify if it can connect to sites on the internet, then move it to the next port, and repeat until you run out of ports. Then consider the voice configuration.

It is possible to have any router get partially confused to the point that a power reset will not "fix" it.

Possibly trying a replacement power transformer might help. According to the chart at »www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/inde ··· s#Belkin just about any 12 volt DC 1.5A power supply that has the right plug should work.

If all else fails I would consider reloading the firmware from a fresh download from Belkin and again reset it to factory default and repeat the port tests with a PC.

koam
Pink Pecker
Premium Member
join:2000-08-16
East Puddle

1 recommendation

koam

Premium Member

Confirmed that 3 of the ports aren't working.

Belkin is replacing