Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie

Re: 6.0 Class Performance - What are you seeing?

said by Carpie:

And don't even get me started on the trash before the Shamans... meh

the mind-spike that comes out of nowhere, lol

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

Just came across this post by somebody on their first night of raiding after the patch. Made me chuckle as I'm sure we all will relate soon enough.

We had enough people to raid with last night! Didn’t have to resort to outsourcing raiders on Open Raid, whoo hoo!

Despite being aware of all the different changes that were coming in, there were a few things that still took some serious getting used to.

Enter Immerseus.

Wiped to this fellow three times in the first hour. Wasn’t sure what was going on at first but I suspect it was largely due to players just getting used to their class changes and the loss of a number of spells and abilities.

I didn’t realize how much it affected me until I started calling for cooldowns.

In fact, here’s how a typical conversation in the evening went:

"Give me a Skull banner!"
"WE DONT HAVE IT!"
"Screw it, Rallying Cry!"
"WE DONT HAVE IT!"
"Healing Tide Totem?”
”Nope!”
”Battle Res?”
"BURNED IT ALREADY, 2 Minutes!"

"GODDAMNIT HIT EVERYTHING!"

Taino
join:2010-10-15
Port Richey, FL

Taino to Carpie

to Carpie
Sooooooo I just realized I've been doing it wrong since the squish. I need to change out all of my gems. Been lazy and haven't had any survivability issues since the patch but my prot dps has been lagging behind my warriors and dk's. After some reading over at sacred duty, I need mastery (again). Bonus armor and strength are now paladins go to dps stats as bonus armor translates to 1ap per. Very interesting stuff. My bad on being a lazy prot.

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
I have been very lazy as well, need to change out 5% haste to mastery. Not sure if I am going to spend the time to do it, might be worth it to see some bigger numbers. I have the bonus armor trinket, might start using that this weekend.
Hazmat
join:2007-07-10
Laveen, AZ

Hazmat to Carpie

to Carpie
Even though it has been one of my favorite fights in SoO, it is also one of the buggiest fights...anywhere.

a) King Varian decides he's going to take matters into his own hands, for whatever reason - he charges up the first tower, and dies a fool's death, since he did not even defend himself once there.

b) speaking of the first tower, we have had drakes go inside through the door, happily munching raid members as they go up the stairs. No idea why they did that.

c) then we had a warlock (not me), manning the cannon in tower 2, disconnect. He was still in vent, trying and failing to get back in, and we could not dislodge him. We went thru 18 waves of adds while waiting for him to get back before we wiped.

d) and, twice, those elite snipers somehow managed to do their "one-shot-one-kill" move on our tank. He should not have been anywhere near where they could do this, but they did it.

Good times...

Carpie
united state

Carpie to Taino

to Taino
said by Taino:

my prot dps has been lagging behind my warriors and dk's

Ha, I didn't appreciate this until I logged on my prot pally for the first time since the patch on Friday to raid with the crew. The co-tank was a cub bear in training, about ilvl 521 or so while my prot pally is 573 or so (pretty much BiS in the heroic (not mythic) level gear) and yet my dps wasn't significantly higher than his and in fights with many adds, he would pull ahead. It was pretty surprising.

The real highlight of the night though was when we were on Norushen and while I was tanking the boss a pop up comes in the middle of my screen saying that my addons are causing significant errors and slowing the system down, do I want to ignore or disable? I mistakenly hit disable and lost every addon, including my UI, and was left with one cast bar full of profession spells and the other empty. Had to quickly find reckoning out of the spellbook and try to cast all my spells from there. Not good times.

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
After co-tanking with a Brewmaster all of Mist I am very happy with my Prot Pally dps. It is nice to get aggro on adds and trash packs then hold it for the duration.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

What are the Brewmasters saying since the change? I've only heard from one that I pugged Mythic with right after the patch and he was severely upset with the lack of self healing he was able to do post-patch. He kept dying to the adds on the Immerseus fight. Anyone else get any feedback on Brewmasters?

Taino
join:2010-10-15
Port Richey, FL

Taino to Carpie

to Carpie
I can imagine. That happened to me on our last normal raid night. But for me it was my mouse. For whatever reason the side buttons on my mmo mouse stopped working.

I did make the changes though and my prot dps is hovering around 5k single target. For add duty Sanctified Wrath is both a dps boost and a helluva quick agro pickup.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

said by Taino:

For add duty Sanctified Wrath is both a dps boost and a helluva quick agro pickup.

Yeah I had added that. Only because my talent button was blinking at me when I first logged on and remembered reading this from Theck's article on prot pallies.