join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC

2 recommendations

art22gg

Premium Member

[App Update] SandBoxie--V.4.14--Oct 16/14

Change log...

There is a new EULA (license.txt)

Fixed Chrome 37/38 crash error C0000008 (invalid handle).

Fixed Chrome 38-64 hang (web page unresponsive).

Fixed Chrome hang when printing to PDF.

Browsers can now access Internet when using McAfee SaaS

Fixed Silverlight crash in Win 8.1 (»forums.sandboxie.com/php ··· ?t=18513)

Fixed Excel crash when copying large amounts of data.

Sandboxie now has language support for Farsi (Persian).

The auto-update feature only checked the next update time (sandbox.ini setting SbieCtrl_NextUpdateCheck) 1 time when SbieCtrl.exe was started. If SbieCtrl.exe was kept running, it would never check the update time again.

Several large memory leaks (reported by Dr. Larry Pepper et al.) have been fixed. »forums.sandboxie.com/php ··· &t=18412

ASLR is now enabled for SbieDll.dll 32 bit (64 bit will come later).

OpenIpcPath=\BaseNamedObjects\FontCachePort is now in templates.ini as a default. Until now, this was a suggested work-around for some Chrome 37 problems.

NOTE: the default only applies to new installs. For existing installs, you need to go into Sandbox settings->Applications->Miscellaneous, and check the option "Allow direct access to Windows Font Cache"

Added hook for GetProcessImageFileName/NtQueryInformationProcess so it now returns the sandboxed path.

Improvements to the Dutch language text.

The SbieSvc startup time has been increased from 5 seconds to 15 seconds to eliminate the following sequence of startup errors:

SBIE2335 Initialization failed for process %2
SBIE2336 Error in GUI server: %2
SBIE2337 Failed to start program: %2

Malware DarkComet is using a quirk in Windows to put up a MessageBox that does not have the sandboxed yellow window border. This poses no security risk, but to prevent user concern, this has been fixed.

Special flag added to OpenWinClass to restore Buster Sandbox Analyzer (BSA) message logging. /IgnoreUIPI allows low integrity sandboxed processes to send WM_COPYDATA msgs to windows in higher integrity processes.

Example Sandboxie.ini entries (both lines required):

OpenWinClass=TFormBSA
OpenWinClass=TFormBSA/IgnoreUIPI

Fixed Sandboxed cmd.exe crash if window title > 256 chars. (»forums.sandboxie.com/php ··· &t=19089)

Fixed rare BSOD »forums.sandboxie.com/php ··· p=101687

Fixed kernel memory leak in SandboxieCrypto »forums.sandboxie.com/php ··· &t=15820

The combined installer SandboxieInstall.exe now checks for the VC Redistributables DLLs Sandboxie requires. If they are not up to date (10.0.40219.325), the installer will download and install the VC Redist. from sandboxie.com.

If SandboxieInstall.exe tries to download the VC Redistributables and fails, there is now a retry option.

To clarify:
SandboxieInstall.exe does not contain MS VC DLLs. If they are not already installed or are not up to date, the installer will download the VC Redist. installer package and execute it.
SandboxieInstall32.exe & SandboxieInstall64.exe contain the DLLs Sandboxie requires. If they are not installed or are not up to date, the installer copies the ones required into system32. The VC Redist. installer is not downloaded or executed.

»www.sandboxie.com/index. ··· andboxie

CCat
We're all quite mad here
MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland

CCat

MVM

Thanks art.

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium Member
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC

Pentangle to art22gg

Premium Member

to art22gg
Thank you art. I will wait a few days and monitor the SandBoxie forums.

dp
MVM
join:2000-12-08
Greensburg, PA

dp to art22gg

MVM

to art22gg
Thank you
art22gg
Premium Member
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC

art22gg

Premium Member

Very welcome amigos....

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

Dustyn to art22gg

Premium Member

to art22gg
Finally fixes the Chromium hanging issue! Thank you!

shearer
Northern Lights
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
Asia

shearer to Pentangle

Premium Member

to Pentangle
said by Pentangle:

I will wait a few days and monitor the SandBoxie forums.

That's what I usually do too lol
if I can't wait I'll image my system and upgrade SBIE