spc
Search similar:

uniqs
MoJoe7
join:2014-06-15
Church Road, VA

MoJoe7

New email from Millenicom Wow!

We are announcing the acquisition by Verizon of the Millenicom customers who use their service. There should be no interruption with your Internet connection, they will be in contact with you regarding plan options.

Please accept our most sincere appreciation for the opportunity to be your Internet provider.

Dennis Castle
Owner
Millenicom Inc.
Thumpernator
join:2012-08-05
Senoia, GA

Thumpernator

Got the same email. This isn't good.

Forcefed
@70.215.74.x

Forcefed

Anon

Same email, and I have two accounts open with Millenicom using Verizon service. This is a disaster for me, as 4G internet is our only options where we live. We already pay almost $200 a month for 40GB of data, which is absurd...can't imagine what it will be like dealing directly with Verizon.

Sigh.

Kev

ATB
@70.211.66.x

ATB

Anon

I don't want to be "acquired". I am wondering if it is legal for Millenicom to just hand over everyones account information to Verizon, without asking us to opt-in to being moved over.

I will be complaining about this to the FCC and the California Public Utilities Commission.

Forcefed
@70.215.75.x

Forcefed

Anon

I don't know the legality of what they are doing, but essentially Millenicom was just reseller of services through Verizon and Sprint. They often had slightly better pricing/data options, though even those as of late were overpriced for what we are getting customers.

File your complaints, but having filed legit complaints to the NJ BPU before have been pointless for us. Good luck to you.

Kev
GEvans
join:2009-11-18
Medina, NY

GEvans to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
No other option for me other than satellite (been there, done that)... Most likely we'll just have to bend over and take it... Maybe they'll shock us and offer unlimited data for $14.95 a month!!! Yeah, I'm really expecting that!!!! Lol!!!
RichA
join:2014-10-16

RichA to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
I'm thinking that Verizon will just offer us their standard pricing for their prepaid MiFi? ...or do you think we'll get any kind of a break in price?

Standard Verizon Prepaid MiFi plans:

$60/month for 3GB
$90/month for 10GB

Essentially, we'll be getting half the product for the same price?
David_K
join:2014-05-02

David_K to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
Fun while it lasted I guess, barely over 6 months for me

I have yet to get my notification from them though.
ggultra2764
join:2007-09-13
Cambridge, NY

ggultra2764 to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
This isn't gonna be good.
bcltoys
join:2008-07-21

bcltoys to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
I have not received this E-mail I'm going to call bull shit on this for now.
ggultra2764
Cambridge, NY

ggultra2764

RV Mobile Internet Resource Center is also reporting on this news. So I highly doubt this is a hoax.
bcltoys

bcltoys

Well I sent a email to Millenicom.
jim4g
join:2013-04-25

jim4g to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
Maybe we'll get lucky and we get grandfathered in?

Madawkward
@70.195.6.x

Madawkward to MoJoe7

Anon

to MoJoe7
This is really unfortunate. I just signed up with millenicom less than two months ago. After tons of research it was the best option for my family. $90 a month for 20 gigs is still expensive, but now my only alternative that I know of is Verizon's 10 gigs for $90? There has to be something better. We are in a rural area and I need good home internet for my work. My usage without streaming last month was just over 15 gigs.
bcltoys

bcltoys to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
Well it's true,now we just have to wait and see.

diugo
join:2014-01-13
Yuma, AZ

diugo to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
The news had better be, we are doubling your data for the same $90/month.
bcltoys

bcltoys

You got a better shot of seeing god.
RichA

RichA

The 3G Store seems to be keeping an up-to-date answers to their customer's questions over this issue. It might be a good place to keep informed of the latest developments over this issue as the questions being asked are essentially the same being asked here ...and at many other message boards and forums on the internet on this topic.

»www.evdoinfo.com/content ··· fkY.dpuf

Jack in VA
Premium Member
join:2014-07-07
North, VA

Jack in VA to MoJoe7

Premium Member

to MoJoe7
Looks like the Verizon hotspot is a better deal

»www.verizonwireless.com/ ··· pot|7217
ggultra2764
Cambridge, NY

ggultra2764

Those plans are for a limited time offer. In addition, they don't include the $20 device fee for using hotspots and other taxes, fees and surcharges.
RichA

RichA to Jack in VA

to Jack in VA
Click for full size
Jack, am I interpreting the Verizon offering correctly?

I believe the chart in this attachment is for "internet devices" ...Jetpacks, USB sticks, etc.

(Remember to add $20 to the price given in the chart)

However, but all this I keep hearing about "double data" included in this or is that promotion just for current/existing Verizon customers?

Thanks.
ggultra2764
Cambridge, NY

ggultra2764

The promotion is also available for new customers.

Jack in VA
Premium Member
join:2014-07-07
North, VA

Jack in VA to RichA

Premium Member

to RichA
Even with the $20 charge on a 40GB plan and taxes and fees it's about the same as Millenicom.
Jack in VA

Jack in VA to MoJoe7

Premium Member

to MoJoe7

I guess the only thing to do is see what Verizon is going to offer. I have Verizon Home Connect Wireless land line and Verizon Cell phone and the have been fine over many years.
ggultra2764
Cambridge, NY

ggultra2764 to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
This sucks on my end because I was waiting for approval for a regional provider to get wireless coverage out my way with more generous offerings of data than what the big ISPs currently offer at more reasonable prices (150 GB for only $80 with the provider compared to paying nearly four times the amount for Verizon's best offering of 100 GB). The prepaid perk with Millenicom allowed me to jump ship whenever I felt like it. I'll be fuming if Verizon's offers result in me going back on a contract.
RichA

RichA to Jack in VA

to Jack in VA
But isn't your chart showing the smartphone plans?
RichA

RichA to ggultra2764

to ggultra2764
Thank you, ggultra. I'll have to look into that. I really don't want to be under contract again, however.

I may just opt for the prepaid / no contract plan for $90 for 10GB and pay the overage as needed (I guess you can pay for overage ..?)

I'm still hoping that they'll give the current Millenicom customers a special package ...or reduced pricing for 20GB.
AmericanMan
Premium Member
join:2013-12-28
united state

AmericanMan to MoJoe7

Premium Member

to MoJoe7
Wow I never had Millenicom but I've followed their happenings over the years...sorry to hear that this is happening to you all

Isn't Verizon in the middle of a double-data promo (not coincidentally just like Sprint & AT&T), so maybe they will give you guys a better deal than that? We did it for our AT&T, went from 10 - 30 GB for an additional (estimated) $30 extra per month.
simpsomatt
join:2006-08-21
Paris, KY

simpsomatt to bcltoys

to bcltoys
said by bcltoys:

I didn't get the first email either, but I got a "clarification"

This is to correct an earlier email that was sent to you regarding your service. Verizon Wireless, the carrier providing your wireless service, may be contacting you about options for your ongoing service. Going forward your relationship will be directly with Verizon Wireless. Millenicom will no longer have any role concerning your account and Millenicom does not now or will have any relationship with Verizon Wireless. Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience this notice may cause.

With or without the original email, this still doesn't really make things any clearer. Maybe I'm gonna get a good deal, more likely I'm gonna get screwed.

dos
join:2014-10-17
Seattle, WA

dos to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
Lets do our research and post what the best replacement option is. Verizon being nice will not happen.