« AT&T Promo as of TodayAccount cancellation »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 ... 24 · 25 · 26 · next
ggultra2764
join:2007-09-13
Cambridge, NY

ggultra2764 to RonRoot

to RonRoot

Re: New email from Millenicom Wow!

Openings for Wireless n Wifi's plan are limited. There's a possibility you may not immediately get on it as they do have folks wait listed. Considering we may have our service cut off and not receive contact from VZW by the end of this month, better to act on something now than not at all.

RonRoot
@184.216.127.x

RonRoot

Anon

said by ggultra2764:

Openings for Wireless n Wifi's plan are limited. There's a possibility you may not immediately get on it as they do have folks wait listed. Considering we may have our service cut off and not receive contact from VZW by the end of this month, better to act on something now than not at all.

One quick toll free call will determine if they currently have a wait list. They are a very good company to deal with. You will get no BS from them.
SBoD
join:2011-10-10
Brookfield, MO

SBoD

They do have a wait list, as they have no routers to send out(at least the ones listed with the plan for 250). I should have asked if they had any other options.

I got through on the 21st, and was told that it could be a week before they get the next shipment.
sundrop74
join:2012-01-25

sundrop74 to Sojourn

to Sojourn
Except for the fact that most of us don't want to pay $200/month for internet service. I had sticker shock when the price went to $90 on Millenicom.
BadcatWaters
join:2013-10-22

BadcatWaters to SBoD

to SBoD
said by SBoD:

They do have a wait list, as they have no routers to send out(at least the ones listed with the plan for 250). I should have asked if they had any other options.

I got through on the 21st, and was told that it could be a week before they get the next shipment.

Really? I signed up yesterday and was told my package would be shipped today.
SBoD
join:2011-10-10
Brookfield, MO

SBoD

What router/modem did you get? I may have to call back...
SBR026
join:2013-11-05
Millwood, GA

1 edit

SBR026

I signed up with WirelessnWiFi earlier this year after Millenicom lost the BYOD through Sprint and then went up on the MiFi service through Verizon. I have been very pleased with the service with WirelessnWiFi. 60GB is much better than the 20GB that was offered through Millenicom for the same price. I consistently get good speeds both up and down. In fact, I get better speeds than I did with the MiFi through Verizon.
bacchus101
join:2007-02-09
USA

bacchus101 to Sojourn

to Sojourn
said by Sojourn:

I'm beginning to wish I had done this instead of the rental of UDP services. Others have brought up the legal issues, and now I'm thinking their could be privacy issues if the owner of the account can get access to my browsing information from Verizon since it his account.

Verizon has no front facing customer interface to browsing data and it would most likely take a court order to compel them to even give you access to your own records. The only thing the SIM owner will be able to see is data usage.

As far as legality, using a grandfathered phone UDP in a hotspot is no more on the legal and ethical up and up than renting a SIM. Both are definitively not allowed by Verizon.

At least with renting if Verizon terminates or throttles a SIM, your only loss is the remainder of the paid month. With AOL, you lose the value of the ETF.
Brent5
join:2014-10-21

2 edits

Brent5 to uptospeed

to uptospeed
said by uptospeed:

Moving sims from a iphone to a hotspot is a IOS8 bug that I'm sure verizon and apple will stop in the near future.

The ability to move the SIM from one device to another isn't related to iOS8 or Apple in any way.

Also, just to reiterate something I posted previously. If you go the UDP AOL method, don't pay people for UDPs that are under contract through 2016. Most are stuck with these contract lines from flipping subsidized iPhones for big profits. They're not doing you a favor selling you their UDP. You're doing them a huge favor assuming their contract and allowing them to flip another iPhone. A lot are just giving them away because they want to be rid of the contract so they can flip another phone.

The only UDP that is worth paying for is one out of contract and month-to-month.
Brent5

Brent5 to bacchus101

to bacchus101
said by bacchus101:

As far as legality, using a grandfathered phone UDP in a hotspot is no more on the legal and ethical up and up than renting a SIM. Both are definitively not allowed by Verizon.

I would disagree with this statement. Verizon has even been forced to admit that swapping SIMs between devices is something that isn't against their ToS. Allowing it was apparently part of an FCC agreement.
»www.phonenews.com/verizo ··· d-20053/

The Verizon ToS, on the other hand, explicitly states that they can suspend your account for reselling service.
»www.verizonwireless.com/ ··· ment.jsp
birdwatcher5
join:2009-04-09
USA

birdwatcher5 to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
I've been researching the double data on the att site. It says get 30gb for 110.
Have any of you looked in to this yet? I might if I dont hear from verizon on
what their plans for us are.
ggultra2764
join:2007-09-13
Cambridge, NY

ggultra2764

AT&T charges the same amount as VZW for 30 GB of data being $130 plus device access charge. For the most part, both their shared data plans charge data packages at the same prices.
ggultra2764

ggultra2764 to Brent5

to Brent5
The latter is what I figured with those offering monthly UDP plans with hotspots on E-Bay. Can usually find shady stuff going on with the site.
rb5505
join:2013-02-06
united state

rb5505 to SBoD

to SBoD
Just signed up with Wireless 'n Wifi. Since we're well covered on the Sprint 4G lte map (53589), it seemed an easy decision to get triple the DL of 60gb for the same monthly price. They expect to ship the modem & router by next Tues, 28th and for us to have it by the 31st. They are currently out due to the over 1000 calls from Millenicom customers. I got the same small company vibe from them as I did with Millenicom. Can anyone comment on the expected DL speeds to expect when in the Sprint 4G area? They said 3-12 mbps.

xrayman
join:2008-12-09
Kansas City

xrayman

rb5505 I get 5 to 17 Mbps down with my Sprint LTE USB modem from wirelessnwifi. On LTE band 25 I get 5 megs down and Band 41 (Spark) I get 13 to 17 down.
rb5505
united state

1 edit

rb5505

xrayman thanks for the info. rockford, il just got spark coverage but that's 60 miles south. you have actually be within the spark range to get that speed, correct?

xrayman
join:2008-12-09
Kansas City

xrayman

Yes, the tower I connect to on band 41 is an old Clear WiMax tower that was converted to Sprint LTE.
Some have reported faster speeds on band 25 but my tower is only producing 5 megs down at my house. Sometimes it will jump to band 26 (800 Mhz) if weather conditions cuts down signal strength.

Win7Geezer
@75.244.98.x

Win7Geezer to RonRoot

Anon

to RonRoot
said by RonRoot :

ave Sprint service in your area, why would you do that when you can get a better deal from WirelessNWifi?

I have a friend helping me, who is also a former Millenicom user and has BMI. I have no clue about these things ever since those horrible new phones came out; I don't understand "Talk, text, data, etc", I only understand things like 20 GB usage for $89 month. I only understand USB plug in devices, no clue about wifi and routers. I am in a semi-rural area with the only road in the area that has no cable or DSL, even though it is directly across the street from one of the best schools in the county. I play games and a satellite is not fast enough. BMI lets you bring your own device, WifiNWirless does not, from what I can see, because when I called their number it was disconnected. WifiNWireless has never been an option listed for my area, I have searched and searched for a different service provider and this is the first time I have even heard of them, and I am continuing to search for them and coming up empty. I have already purchased my modem.
birdwatcher5
USA

birdwatcher5 to ggultra2764

to ggultra2764
But why does the verizon site for the 30gb say 170.?
Brent5

Brent5 to birdwatcher5

to birdwatcher5
said by birdwatcher5:

I've been researching the double data on the att site. It says get 30gb for 110.
Have any of you looked in to this yet? I might if I dont hear from verizon on
what their plans for us are.

That's what I did (for now). I already had a 10Gb Mobile Share plan because it was the best deal for my five off-contract phones. I was able to upgrade to the 40Gb plan (usually 20Gb) for $50/mo more and add a hotspot for $20/mo. So, even before the Millenicom announcement, I was already dropping Millenicom ($90/mo for 20Gb) in favor of adding to my AT&T plan ($70/mo for 40Gb). Still considering the UDP AOL, but would probably only do it with an off-contract UDP (meaning ~$300 up-front).

We were discussing a page or so ago about being able to get Verizon's More Everything plan or AT&T's Mobile Share plan with a hotspot as the only line. I was under the impression that you had to have at least one smartphone line in addition to the hotspot line, but others were able to go to Verizon and get the hotspot line only (set up as smartphone in Verizon's system).

Also, someone was told by Verizon that they would be able to switch between doubled plans after the promotional period. AT&T specifically states that "if you change your data amount, you will lose your promotional shared data, and standard data amounts/pricing will apply".

But, then, with Verizon, I haven't been able to find out whether their More Everything line access discounts apply to BYOD smartphones or only Edge financed ones. Their site is vague but only specifically states Edge. AT&T gives the line access discount as long as the device isn't subsidized.
Brent5

Brent5 to birdwatcher5

to birdwatcher5
said by birdwatcher5:

But why does the verizon site for the 30gb say 170.?

You may be looking at a different plan. Here's the pricing for the More Everything (including double-data).
»www.verizonwireless.com/ ··· ing.html
Brent5

Brent5 to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
Also just a heads-up that there's a thread on MacRumors with many users saying AT&T is agreeing to double the 10Gb plan to 20Gb (normally promo starts with 15Gb) for existing customers. Apparently a common approach is to ask whether AT&T will match it since Sprint is apparently offering it.
»forums.macrumors.com/sho ··· =1806590

Not sure whether it would work for new customers...

diugo
join:2014-01-13
Yuma, AZ

1 edit

diugo to birdwatcher5

to birdwatcher5
> But why does the verizon site for the 30gb say 170?

Could be because it is $130 for the 30GB plus $40 for the smartphone device access charge. VZW reduces the $40 to $15 if you do BYOD or EDGE. Not sure if AT&T does.
bacchus101
join:2007-02-09
USA

bacchus101 to ggultra2764

to ggultra2764
said by Brent5:

Verizon has even been forced to admit that swapping SIMs between devices is something that isn't against their ToS. Allowing it was apparently part of an FCC agreement.

It's good to know that the FCC did something right. Thanks for the clarification.
said by ggultra2764:

The latter is what I figured with those offering monthly UDP plans with hotspots on E-Bay. Can usually find shady stuff going on with the site.

I'm not overly concerned about Verizon expending resources attempting to track down a small niche of UDP renters on ebay. First of all, it would be very hard to prove that a given SIM was rented. Secondly, as the renter of a UDP I am no way contractually obligated to Verizon or even associated with the account - thus assuming no more risk than the remainder of a paid month should the SIM account be suspended.

If it is suspended, all I have to do is grab another SIM off off of ebay.

I personally find renting a much safer bet than to be on the hook for a two year AOL UDP should Verizon alter the agreement.

rb5505
united state

rb5505 to xrayman

to xrayman
xrayman how can i tell how far away the tower is from my location and what type of tower it is? 53589
Brent5

Brent5 to bacchus101

to bacchus101
Agree completely. I don't think you would be at any risk as an individual renting the line. You never entered into contract with Verizon or anything.

It would be the owner of the line who could get their account suspended. When they agreed to the ToS, that included not reselling.

Probably only way Verizon would notice would be from the geographic location. If somebody has multiple sub-accounts with five or ten UDP lines in each all accessing towers all over the country, they might suspect something isn't right.

Aek
@184.101.67.x

Aek

Anon

Just received an email from Millenicom after filing a support ticket. Doesn't really tell a whole lot of new stuff other than, they verified they have not shared any billing information with Verizon and that their phone customer service is still active.

"We apologize for the delayed response.

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. It is our understanding that the carrier, Verizon, will be servicing your account moving forward.

Since the month of October has already been paid for, we have been led to believe there will be no service interruption during this transition. Below we have included some information that has been frequently requested since the announcement made on 10/17/2014:

-As stated in an email sent to you on Friday, 10/17/2014, Verizon may be contacting you in regards to continuing the service past this month. Unfortunately, they have not given us any further information as to when the process will begin or be completed.

-At this time, we are not able to provide any more detail besides what has been previously shared with you via email. It is our understanding that in order to continue use of your current plan past October 2014, you will need to do so directly with the carrier- of course the option is available at your discretion.

-Your Millenicom profile has been marked as "cancelled" to avoid any future recurring billing to take place at the start of a new month. No payment information has been shared with the carrier thus ensuring that billing does not continue without authorization.

-Since Verizon has began servicing your account, we do not have the ability to research information such as data usage or technical issues.

-We are currently looking into other avenues to be able to provide service but unfortunately do not have a time frame available as to when these options will be ready. Our website will be updated accordingly.

-Since Verizon has required us to retract the first email sent on 10/16/2014, we are not able to provide the contents of that message at this time.

-Our customer service team are available but due to the high call volumes we have been experiencing, some clients may be forwarded to our voicemail system. Callbacks are being completed within 24hours.

We apologize for the lack of assistance or information this email contains- once more information is shared with us, we will notify clients immediately.

We hope this will offer more clarity.

Thank you and have a great day.

Millenicom

If you want to view the entire log of this ticket log onto our client management site at »members.millenicom.com/members with your username (contact email) and password.

If you have any questions regarding this response or any other support questions please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,
Millenicom"
birdwatcher5
USA

birdwatcher5 to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
Thanks AEK,,, I think the line that says:

-We are currently looking into other avenues to be able to provide service but unfortunately do not have a time frame available as to when these options will be ready. Our website will be updated accordingly.

Sounds interesting!! I dont want to get caught up in a 2 yr. commitment with verizon if millenicom might be coming up with something for us!

video6
Still Browsing Through Purgatory
Premium Member
join:2005-11-27
Newburg, MD

video6 to MoJoe7

Premium Member

to MoJoe7
I have a Verizon account with 2 phones grandfathered in with unlimited data plans. My son has one of the phones and I have the second.

The mifi works with 4 bars and my Android only pulls in one or two bars. I use the mifi mostly for our business. I have SVTP on my Android phone that creates a hot spot to watch movies and TV shows via Roku. At least 2 to 3 times a night my phone drops down to 3G and I have to shut it down and restart to get 4G back, I’m thinking the signal is weak on the phone and I need an antenna booster to boost the signal in order to keep it at 4G. I have seen several boosters on the web for sale and hope someone has a recommendation.

With the loss of Millencom I’m thinking of just using the phone when at home for business and watching TV at least until the dust settles.
David_K
join:2014-05-02

David_K to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
Well I took the plunge and bought an unlimited Verizon 4G plan for $97/month, seller had 100% positive feedback so fingers crossed that all goes well.
« AT&T Promo as of TodayAccount cancellation »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 ... 24 · 25 · 26 · next