« AT&T Promo as of TodayAccount cancellation »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 ... 24 · 25 · 26 · next
Lyserjic
join:2002-07-02
Houston, TX

Lyserjic to Brent5

to Brent5

Re: New email from Millenicom Wow!

Ok, went ahead and had the wife update her data plan to the 30GB plan. (Was trying to keep her plan out of this, but it was the best option price-wise). Tried to add a device via the webpage using the IMEI from the Mcom Jetpack, no luck. (Call VZ).

I actually managed to get a support rep who hinted he knew something about what was going on with Millenicom. Makes me wonder how many calls they are getting?

I explained the SIM that was originally in the Jetpack was currently active in another device but expiring in a week. First words out of his mouth were, "that's fine, you get a new SIM for the Jetpack and move it to any compatible device". That was surprise #1.

Now here's the funny part, surprise #2: His words - "Don't try to do this online or via our telephone sales department, they won't understand what you are doing, Go to your local Verizon corporate store and you'll walk out with a SIM activated on your plan without a hassle.."

I laughed, thanked him for the advice. I have a corporate store about 30 minutes away. Will report back on how things go there.
CBreaze
join:2014-10-26

CBreaze

Let us know how the store visit goes. A corporate store I went to was unable to do anything with my other (millenicom) device, including a new SIM card. My device's IMEI is active on a gov't account (a school, a charter school to be exact!). My name, or Millenicom, appears nowhere. I got the device 2 months ago.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by CBreaze:

My device's IMEI is active on a gov't account (a school, a charter school to be exact!). My name, or Millenicom, appears nowhere.

Interesting. More funny business on the back end?

diugo
join:2014-01-13
Yuma, AZ

diugo to CBreaze

to CBreaze
said by CBreaze:

My device's IMEI is active on a gov't account (a school, a charter school to be exact!)

We are probably all registered as students of the Millenicom Charter School, class of 2014. Let's all meet back here for our five year reunion!
steamfish
join:2013-06-10

steamfish

RickT4
Premium Member
join:2008-06-09
Clovis, CA

RickT4 to diugo

Premium Member

to diugo
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

Mr Matt to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
I called the Verizon store at 3742 E. Colonial Dr., Orlando, Fl. on Saturday and spoke to a salesman explaining my situation with Millenicom closing. I asked about transferring my hotspot directly to a Verizon account. He spoke to the store manager and was advised that all I had to do was to stop in and he could issue a new SIM and set up a new account. When I arrived the salesman I spoke to on the phone was busy with another customer. I waited about 20 minutes and then asked how long the salesman would be. He said at least another 20 Minutes. There were other sales persons that were not with customers and I asked if one of them could help me, because I had another appointment and could not wait. The salesman asked if I could come back later. I told him that the only reason I came to that store was because I would pass it on my way to my other appointment and I would not be able to return. After speaking to the store manager the salesman stated that:
1) Without investigating further, the status of the hotspot, he said it was assigned to Millenicom and could not move it to a Verizon account. I advised him that I received an email that the hotspot was released.
2) He stated that the only thing he could do was convert it to prepaid and since I requested a 6GB plan I would have to pay $90.00 per month for 10 GB.
3) I told him I did not want to go prepaid because I may want to add a tablet in the future and his response was in order to get a 6 GB plan I had to sign a two year contract.
Has anyone reading this post, moved their hotspot to a post pay Verizon account, without signing a 2 year contract?
ggultra2764
join:2007-09-13
Cambridge, NY

ggultra2764

It's quite likely the VZW store clerks you talked with are clueless about Verizon's policy to allow you to get a postpaid plan without a contract if you bring your own device. It seems like miscommunication may be common between Verizon stores and their corporate HQ since I had similar miscommunication that came up this weekend with a store clerk regarding the "double data" promotion.

diugo
Yuma, AZ

1 edit

diugo to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
My 291L jetpack just received the following text message: "Free VZW msg. We want to discuss plan options for keeping your Verizon Wireless service. Please call 800-233-8974 to avoid service disruption on 11/8." So it looks like we'll be getting at least a week of free service (although service may still get cut off if you exceed 20GB).
simpsomatt
join:2006-08-21
Paris, KY

simpsomatt to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
(Never mind .. looks like diugo and I were posting at the same time)

As mentioned previously, I got a $30 LG Lucid from eBay to activate the unlimited AOL, then moved the SIM from it to the Jetpack. A couple of days later, I put the old Mcom SIM into the Lucid to play around a little while the Mcom account was still active.

Then I got a text message from Verizon on the Lucid: "We want to discuss plan options for keeping your Verizon service. Please call to avoid service disruption on 11/8"

At first I panicked. I thought I was busted for swapping SIMs. Then I realized the message was on the Lucid, running on the Mcom SIM, which was totally unrelated to my new VZW line. So it looks like VZW is finally getting around to contacting Mcom customers about options. Those of you still running Mcom hotspots might see similar messages if you look.

diugo
Yuma, AZ

2 edits

diugo

That would be a scary text to get right after performing a SIM swap! Glad it was just a false alarm. I don't suppose you called the 800 number to explore the options?

If not, others here certainly will, and hopefully report back.
kevnich24
join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL

kevnich24 to Mr Matt

to Mr Matt
Just to clear up a few things. Everyone on millenicom already has a device. You can bring this device to Verizon, no questions asked, as you own it. No contract is needed UNLESS you purchase another device at the store at subsidized price.

All you NEED is a sim card. They do want the IMEI off the device but this is more of a formality so they know what device type is going on the account. You could use any device really and swap the sim after it's activated.
uptospeed
join:2012-10-28
North Collins, NY

uptospeed to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
I just got the text, will call later today and post my results.
birdwatcher5
join:2009-04-09
USA

birdwatcher5 to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
Was just looking at cricket wireless service, says I have good signal here, but when I put in my jetpack device IMEI it said I would get good 3g on it????? I want 4g, why would it say its only good for 3g? Any of you familiar with cricket? I assume it uses the verizon towers? or is it att?

diugo
Yuma, AZ

diugo to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
Just read on another forum that someone called the 800 number and waited on hold over 30 minutes, listening to recorded promotions, until he hung up. Way to go, VZW.
uptospeed
join:2012-10-28
North Collins, NY

uptospeed to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
That's why I'm waiting till later. Every mcon user will be calling.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to birdwatcher5

to birdwatcher5
said by birdwatcher5:

I assume it uses the verizon towers? or is it att?

Cricket is owned by at&t now... it uses at&t towers for new accounts.
bacchus101
join:2007-02-09
USA

bacchus101 to diugo

to diugo
said by diugo:

(although service may still get cut off if you exceed 20GB).

I'm close to 90 GB now and counting. HD Dolby 5.1 Netflix really adds up fast! I also treated myself to a few Linux Distos, the Windows 10 Technical preview (two separate builds) and a couple games off of Steam.

I already have my plan B UDP SIM up and running, but I'll continue to milk the Millenicom SIM until they close the trough. It's the least I can do after being unceremoniously tossed to the curb...

diugo
Yuma, AZ

diugo

said by bacchus101:

said by diugo:

(although service may still get cut off if you exceed 20GB).

I'm close to 90 GB now and counting.

Well, I was just sayin'. It may be that after the 1st, VZW will be monitoring the usage directly, and just because service is extended until the 8th, doesn't necessarily mean unlimited GB will be available.
bacchus101
USA

bacchus101

said by diugo:

Well, I was just sayin'. It may be that after the 1st, VZW will be monitoring the usage directly, and just because service is extended until the 8th, doesn't necessarily mean unlimited GB will be available.

Agreed. I wouldn't be messing with the bull unless I knew I had a backup plan ready to roll on a moments notice.
bcltoys
join:2008-07-21

bcltoys to bacchus101

to bacchus101
You better hope they don't come after you for overage'es that will be one hell of a bill.
bacchus101
USA

bacchus101

said by bcltoys:

You better hope they don't come after you for overage'es that will be one hell of a bill.

Millenicom has no overages. Didn't you get the memo when they increased the price to $90 a month? When you exceed your data limitation, they shut off your service...

Besides, I messaged Millenicom like I have done every month since the new pricing and asked to be billed for an additional 20GB (on the 13th). I've paid for up to 60 GB (August) using that pricing system. They declined to charge me.

That's not my fault.

I've since removed my credit card information and my account is cancelled per their website.

Let's just say, I'm not overly concerned.
Brent5
join:2014-10-21

Brent5 to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
In a comment to a post on evdoinfo.com, a user reported having spoken to Verizon after the text...

I got a text on my mifi from verizon. If you call be prepared to sit and wait. They are offering current plan of 20 G for $89 plus taxes, fees and one year contract, or for $99 plus taxes, fees and month to month.

»www.evdoinfo.com/content ··· 4918/64/
bcltoys
join:2008-07-21

bcltoys to bacchus101

to bacchus101
We are no longer dealing with Millenicom we are dealing with a evil force.
bacchus101
USA

bacchus101

said by bcltoys:

We are no longer dealing with Millenicom we are dealing with a evil force.

True, but I have no contractual agreement with Verizon and thus I am beyond their purview. If they as the upstream provider decide to terminate my service, that is their right. However, they can not charge me for anything.
asdfdfdfdfdf
Premium Member
join:2012-05-09

asdfdfdfdfdf to MoJoe7

Premium Member

to MoJoe7
»www.rvmobileinternet.com ··· stomers/
birdwatcher5
USA

birdwatcher5 to Brent5

to Brent5
So what kind of taxes and fees???
Brent5

Brent5

said by birdwatcher5:

So what kind of taxes and fees???

Post linked to by asdf seems to indicate around $1/mo.
birdwatcher5
USA

birdwatcher5

Hmmm, I used to be on a verizon plan,,, the taxes and fees back then were close to 26.00 , I just don't think its worth it.
Brent5

Brent5

said by birdwatcher5:

Hmmm, I used to be on a verizon plan,,, the taxes and fees back then were close to 26.00 , I just don't think its worth it.

Taxes and fees for a voice line are different than for tablet and hotspot lines. There are a bunch of emergency and regulatory fees that don't apply.

To add an example, one of my $15 smartphone lines has about $4.50/mo in extra fees and taxes. When I had an iPad on there, it was $10/mo with about $1 of extra fees and taxes.
« AT&T Promo as of TodayAccount cancellation »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 ... 24 · 25 · 26 · next