Premium Member
join:2014-07-07
North, VA

Jack in VA to jgilles

Premium Member

to jgilles

Re: New email from Millenicom Wow!

said by jgilles:

Well, just got off the phone with Verizon and took the $99 plan with 20GB. No contract, $8/GB overage. I also have a HomePhone Connect that was $20/mo -- they knocked $5/mo off that for a year.

My only other options were:
Verizon Fixed LTE (HomeFusion)
AT&T Home Phone and Internet (»www.att.com/cellphones/a ··· net.html)

Both of those options would have meant a contract and new equipment, so I'm sticking with the Millenicom MiFi device for now.

I complained about the pricing and data plans for Fixed LTE -- I really wish they would offer more data/lower price since it is not a mobile service and they know you are using it for home service.

I went with Home Fusion. Equipment and installation was free. 30GB for $120/mo. 2 year contract but who cares. I'm not going anywhere.
jgilles
join:2010-10-06
River Falls, WI

jgilles

Yeah, I would do the same if I needed/wanted 30GB. So far 20GB has been sufficient.

Good to know that install and equipment was free w/ the contract. I'm hoping they will lower their prices/raise their data limits for HomeFusion some day.
winger94
join:2008-04-15

winger94 to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
After a 70 minute hold time, I finally got thru to Verizon. She said I did not qualify for Home Fusion because I'm not in an area of native Verizon 4g. She said extended LTE does not qualify for home fusion service, and although I am getting 4g, it's probably from a partner company like US Cellular.

She said my options were the 20gb plan being offered to the Millenicom customers for $99. The lady I spoke with yesterday said $10/gb overage charges, but today it was $8/gb. Not sure which is the correct one though, but $8 sounds better.

She said there were larger plans, 30gb for $150, 40gb for $170, but they actually ended those plans yesterday. Said she could probably still sign me up if I chose to go with a larger plan. I chose the 40gb plan since I have 4 people using internet. Should be able to stay under the cap with that amount.

As a side note, she said her call center has been very busy with the influx of calls, there were approx. 7000 millenicom customers. First time I've heard an actual number.
licklog
join:2006-06-14
Sevierville, TN

licklog to Jack in VA

to Jack in VA
Hi Jack, with the Home Fusion you get an additional 50% data on whatever olan you chose for the dirst two months, so you should have 45 GBs. Just FYI

Jack in VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack in VA

Premium Member

Yes they told me when I signed up. Right now my wife and I are burning up the old Millenicom/Verizon Hotspot.
Expand your moderator at work
AmericanMan
Premium Member
join:2013-12-28
united state

AmericanMan to winger94

Premium Member

to winger94

Re: New email from Millenicom Wow!

Oh wow 7000 millenicom customers, the operation was bigger than I thought.
rekees
join:2007-03-23

rekees

It was a 24 hour ordeal but finally got the 4620LE Hotspot transferred from Millenicom to VZW. Went with the $99/20GB plan. No other alternatives were offered. Will use the 4620 until it dies then investigate Home Fusion. VZW is the only viable ISP available here except for Hughesnet. Will use carrier pigeon before dealing with the aholes at Hughesnet again!

Purged
@173.153.17.x

Purged to AmericanMan

Anon

to AmericanMan
said by AmericanMan:

Oh wow 7000 millenicom customers, the operation was bigger than I thought.

Millenicom's VZ customers were, I think, small in number compaired to the number they had hooked up thru Sprint....which for years, was the Best Deal from Millenicom.

Which gives you an idea of how blown away BMI was when all those people tried to transfer last Oct.

FWIW...Reasonable Sprint - Fixed to your house - may be possible soon...at least they are testing the service.

SEE dsl Home page story for today:

Dish Hopes to Expand Fixed LTE Service to More Markets
by Karl Bode 08:24AM Friday Nov 07 2014

Dish Network this week stated that the company is "cautiously optimistic" that the fixed LTE trials they've been conducting with both nTelos and Sprint been testing will someday turn into a "real business." Speaking on the company's earnings call the company stated they're not planning a "major initiative" outside of the current tests, but they'd like to. After affixing ruggedized antennas to the side of the residence, Sprint offers users 10 Mbps speeds for $30 a month if bundled with Dish TV service, or $40 if not. At the moment it's only a trial, so there's no usage caps on the product -- but that's sure to change if expansion occurs.
bcltoys
join:2008-07-21

bcltoys to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
Maximum distance with this fixed Dish/Sprint service will be very limited a mile or two from the tower.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by bcltoys:

Maximum distance with this fixed Dish/Sprint service will be very limited a mile or two from the tower.

Not necessarily. With the 8T8R antennas being installed for band 41 I am told that coverage should be on par or even a bit better than their band 25 (1900) LTE.
bcltoys
join:2008-07-21

bcltoys

We will see
winger94

winger94 to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
Verizon sucks. I just signed into my account, not only did I NOT get the 40 gb that I was told about, I am paying for a phone & data plan (that I didn't ask for) that is going to cost me $170/month. I tried to do a chat just now, they have no idea what millenicom is. No idea of any special pricing offered to millenicom customers. Now I will be forced to call again tomorrow and endure another 90 minute waste of my day.

STINKO
@70.197.69.x

STINKO

Anon

Thanks you all for your help with this latest fiasco.
Karl Marx is laughing his head off, somewhere, and probably saying, "I told you so, hah, hah, ha"

My question is a very basic one.
I avoided all the phone call crapola, ordered the Verizon Jetpack™ MiFi® 6620L online, received it, and have it plugged in.
The device gets "connected", but there is no Internet access. Why?
and if it's the sim card pin number, where do I find the blasted number. How many numbers long is it? Where the %$^ is it?

Thanks
winger94

winger94 to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
And the other thing I noticed, the call center is only open Monday thru Friday. If the special pricing indeed ends tomorrow, I am screwed because the lady I just chatted with on the Verizon chat feature knew NOTHING of any millenicom pricing, not to mention my account was not tagged with any notes on pricing. she can sell me an 18 gb plan for $110, or a 40 gb for over $200. It would appear if I didn't call in by 7:00 tonight, I am out of luck.
asdfdfdfdfdf
Premium Member
join:2012-05-09

asdfdfdfdfdf to MoJoe7

Premium Member

to MoJoe7
STINKO:

You should have received instructions with the jetpack on a number to call to activate your service. Did you do this? Your service is not activated automatically. You need to call in to activate or you can probably do so online as well but the ordering of the service before you received your jetpack did not activate the service..
asdfdfdfdfdf

asdfdfdfdfdf to winger94

Premium Member

to winger94
winger you should have a certain number of days to back out of the service without cancellation fees. I don't remember how long it is.

I would make a decision based on the standard pricing and would not trust any unusual deals offered. If you end up actually getting a deal then view it as gravy but, if the normal pricing is unacceptable I wouldn't commit to a contract based on special promises. There is just too much anecdotal evidence of people being offered non-standard deals and then these companies not following through. This happens with most communications companies.

STINKO
@70.197.64.x

STINKO

Anon

"or you can probably do so online"

Yes, please someone explain to me how I can do this online and avoid the phone calls to hell.
VZ Fail
join:2014-11-08

VZ Fail to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
I finally received an e-mail from Verizon earlier this week, encouraging me to ring their 800 number to transfer my account from Millenicom to them. But after reading some of the horror stories of dealing with the Verizon people by phone, I decided to take the advice of some in this thread and instead try to make the transition in person at a local Verizon store. I visited two stores, but the salespeople at both were mostly ignorant of the Mellenicom situation and kept pressuring me to upgrade my device and service to a standard no-discount contract plan. I explained to them that I was receiving my Verizon signal through a simple USB modem which was still working at the time, but they kept insisting I needed the so-called Jetpack device even though it would only be feeding one lousy laptop computer, not a plethora of devices. I'm concerned about the cell-phone frequency radiation mobile broadband devices emit, so I had the USB at the end of a 16-foot cable to keep it as far away from my body as possible, and therefore do not want to add another unnecessary layer of radiation by having to wirelessly hop from the Jetpack to the wi-fi on my computer. It also disturbed me how the salsespeople kept pumping me for my "social" (as in Social Security Number) -- which Mellenicom and my previous mobile broadband provider never demanded to provide me service.

So after wasting hours arguing with the in-store salespeople about these issues, I gave up and decided to call Verizon the next day and try to resolve the situation over the phone. On the first attempt I got through fairly fast (about 15-20 minutes), but the call dragged on for the better part of an hour as I attempted to explain the situation to the person I was speaking (who had to repeatedly put me on hold to gather more info). Eventually I was offered a pre-paid $90/10GB deal, and I could continue using the USB device I had. I noted others in this thread warning of additional fees and taxes that Verizon might charge former Millenicom people, but the woman I was speaking with assured me there would be none, and the charge for November service at least would be $90 even. It sounded acceptable, so I told her I had to go out and get a pre-paid gift card with $90 on it (that's how I'd been paying Millenicom). She said OK, and we hung up on good terms. By the time I got the card and called back it was the last hour of their business day, and I couldn't get through to a live person before 8 PM Eastern. So I called again the next day, expecting to be offered the same deal with minimal hassle. It took longer to get through to a human this time (more like a half hour), and of course it took several minutes to fully explain the situation again because I obviously wasn't dealing with the same woman. However, this time the call turned into a long, convoluted runaround as the woman kept conversing with a Spanish-accented woman (whom I could barely hear and understand, and whom I was supposed to respond to). Eventually it was decided that the pre-paid $90/10GB deal I was offered the day earlier was no longer available, and that in order to receive a 10GB monthly allotment I would have to sign up for a standard contract plan at no discount, and would need to provide them a Social Security Number so they could do a credit check. If I didn't want to do that, the best they could offer for pre-paid no-credit check was only 5GB for an unspecified price. I reluctantly agreed to it to keep my Internet going for at least the rest of this month while I looked for something better, and she told me to choose a 4-digit PIN or password for my new Verizon account, which I did. She then said she needed to transfer me to a third person who would activate my new account and provide me the pricing details -- but before she did this she wanted my permission to shut off my Internet service because it would be necessary for the transfer process, so I agreed. So this new woman comes on the line and again starts sounding totally clueless about what's going on. Fearing I was going to have to go through the whole explanation of the situation again, I think I sounded a bit exasperated at that point (though I was not swearing or threatening) -- and that's when the call unexpectedly terminated (I'm assuming they purposely hung up on me).

So after wasting well over a hundred phone minutes on calls to Verizon this week and visiting two of their stores, I now have no Internet service at all for the first time in years (I'm sending this from a friend's cable connection) and am very hesitant to waste additional time and money dealing with this indifferent, incompetent, Orwellian company. On the bright side, perhaps this forced Internet abstinence will make me seriously evaluate how much bandwidth I really need, and whether I can live with a $50/5GB Sprint plan like DataJack offers (I was only getting 3G from Millenicom/Verizon in my area, so I'm not expecting much of a speed reduction if any, and I know Sprint works where I'm at because my previous Mobile Broadband provider used it).
asdfdfdfdfdf
Premium Member
join:2012-05-09

asdfdfdfdfdf to MoJoe7

Premium Member

to MoJoe7
As I recall the phone number you are given in the activation instructions is automated. You don't have to deal with a person.

To activate online you need to go to »www.verizonwireless.com and register an account there (which also allows you to do things like pay your bill etc.). It will ask you for the phone number tied to your jetpack account and you will set up a username and password(note this has nothing to do with the id or password of your jetpack device). Once you have an account registered you can login and your myverizon page should have a link about activating or changing device.
asdfdfdfdfdf

asdfdfdfdfdf to VZ Fail

Premium Member

to VZ Fail
vzfail have you checked t-mobile coverage? T-mobile presently has one of the best offers of $60 for 9GB and this isn't a tricky temporary deal.

STINKO
@70.211.139.x

STINKO

Anon

asdfdfdfdfdf

Thanks for the info.
However, I've been having trouble registering an account with Verizon. They want that mobile phone number and I did type in my jetpack phone number correctly, but it still says it's no good.
I don't have a cell phone from Verizon, just the jetpack with the phone number that was in the invoice receipt.
It seems that almost everyone here has encountered some kind of "glitch" in Verizon's service. They should rename their company Glitchizon. A bigger bunch of bozos is hard to imagine. Thank God they don't make planes or rockets.

Jack in VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack in VA to MoJoe7

Premium Member

to MoJoe7
I must be lucky. Went down to the Verizon store signed up for Home Fusion 30GB/$120/mo. They scheduled install and I'm online. (along with the jetpack).
toddnc4300
join:2002-12-31
Bakersville, NC

toddnc4300 to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
I must have been one of the few lucky ones in dealing with verizon on the phone. Wait time was less than a minute and she knew what was going on and I was finished in less than 10 minutes with the $99+ taxes etc / month no contract for 20gb.

Unless of course I lose my connection after today then......

Not happy with the price increase for the same amount of data but I just have to ride it out till the local cable company gets the fiber optic they just run through here turned on.

ggultra2764
join:2007-09-13
Cambridge, NY

ggultra2764 to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
They sent me an e-mail yesterday notifying me of the plan options I had for my old Millenicom account. But considering I'm already locked on one of their shared data plans with my Jetpack via milking their "double data" promotion for 30 GB and have a new SIM card for it, I'm not gonna worry about what happens to my old Millenicom SIM at this point.

As of this post, my current data usage for the month is at 10.808 GB out of 30 and my usage resets on the 25th of every month for as long as I remain with VZW.
Dirtyhuman
join:2010-07-08
Chiefland, FL

1 edit

Dirtyhuman to MoJoe7

to MoJoe7
Well I've been trying to go with the deal Verizon is offering us and figured I can just use them on month to month until I get something else.

I've been on hold for about 9 hours now in the past three days and then the system message says there is an error and dumps my call.

So I was looking around the account log in on the Verizon site and found a page that said that my account was past due by $155,681.25

This popped up an instant message form a rep and then I tried to explain to her the situation and she gave me a number to call. I ended up being transferred 5-6 times and the last person said she needed the last four of my tax ID number and that's where the call pretty much comes to an end.

Anyone know millenicoms Tax ID number?

*anyone have a link to buy a cheap phone i can do the AOL with? thinking I should have just done this in the first place. Going to suck having no internet during a long holiday weekend.

saturn_35582
@70.193.66.x

saturn_35582 to ggultra2764

Anon

to ggultra2764
Don't post much, but been glad to have Mellenicom for the past three years. But this was the best time for this to happen. I went and changed to a mobile share plan with AT&T, got 40gbs and in the end wound up saving $90 a month with twice the Data. Going to enjoy my last day on Verizon and move on.
etwx100
Premium Member
join:2011-10-13
Jasper, TX

1 edit

etwx100 to toddnc4300

Premium Member

to toddnc4300
I was lucky too or so I thought. The sign up and follow up calls were reasonable in time waiting and the folks I talked to were knowledgeable and professional. But.... is anyone else on the new plan ($99/20gb) having trouble viewing their data usage? My device displays zero even after 6 days - and it was always up to date before the switch directly to Verizon. I've called and submitted a trouble ticket via Verizon's tech dept. Tech was puzzled too since he could see I'd used 2.5 gb, said he passed it on to a higher power, and would contact me Tuesday to confirmed it was fixed. Nothing showing so far. I can view partial use through the MyVerizon website and digging into the data log but it's two days behind. This is not a good start. I'm being very conservative in my usage since I don't trust Verizon. *sigh* No other choices here...
edited to add... tried rebooting, removing battery from device, all the usual fixes, but no joy.

mjdaniel
@70.209.203.x

mjdaniel

Anon

I signed up with Verizon Wireless on 10/18, having approx. 22 GB used on Millenicom when I changed. I had my number registered on MyVerizon during my stay with M and Verizon told me that it was registered as a business account, the federal government. Anyway, since I kept the same mobile number (my sim card from the jetpack is in a UML290 in an MBR1000 router) V said they would just move it to an individual user account. When I put my UML290 in my laptop and brought it up with VZ Access Manager it gives you the total usage when you first bring it up. It told me what my VZ usage was since I signed up plus the 22GB that was used with M. I called VZ tech support and they said usage is kept in 2 systems. The totals showed the same as what VZ Access Manager showed me, but the area that is billed shows just my usage since I signed up. Tech Support told me that she thought I would be billed correctly based on where my VZ usage was stored. I asked her to make a note in my record of where the 22GB came from. On MyVerizon, my total also shows 0 and my details are a couple of days behind. I will wait till the first billing cycle is complete to see if things get fixed, if not, will call tech support. In the meantime, if I really want total usage I will bring up VZ Access Mgr and subtract 22GB from their total.
David_K
join:2014-05-02

David_K to Dirtyhuman

to Dirtyhuman
Search ebay and rent an unlimited Verizon sim.