AmericanMan
Premium Member
join:2013-12-28
united state

AmericanMan to compuguybna

Premium Member

to compuguybna

Re: Wireless N Wifi change?

So if you use up your 60 GB 4G for the month, can you force the router to go to 3G only mode and get an additional 30 GB?

Our Sprint tower hasn't been upgraded to 4G yet, I'm looking forward to it though, it's supposed to be happening soon. I'm hoping we'll get more bandwidth on the 3G as a side effect of them adding 4G!
RichA
join:2014-10-16

RichA

I'm not compuguybna but I'll chime in as that was similar to a question I asked Wireless 'N Wifi and then felt a bit stupid for asking after receiving the answer because it's relatively clear in the description.

It's not 60GB of 4G "PLUS" 30GB of 3G. It's 60GB "total usage" and 30GB of 3G within that 60GB total. Therefore, if you used 60GB of exclusively 4G you'd immediately get charged the $5/GB overage charge whether it be 3G or 4G you use after going over 60GB.

That's how they explained it to me at any rate.

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

I think that was the way I explained it (or tried to)!
said by RichA:

I'm not compuguybna but I'll chime in as that was similar to a question I asked Wireless 'N Wifi and then felt a bit stupid for asking after receiving the answer because it's relatively clear in the description.

It's not 60GB of 4G "PLUS" 30GB of 3G. It's 60GB "total usage" and 30GB of 3G within that 60GB total. Therefore, if you used 60GB of exclusively 4G you'd immediately get charged the $5/GB overage charge whether it be 3G or 4G you use after going over 60GB.

That's how they explained it to me at any rate.

AmericanMan
Premium Member
join:2013-12-28
united state

AmericanMan to RichA

Premium Member

to RichA
OK thanks!

That's still really good, though.