spc
Search similar:

uniqs
MysticGuitar
join:2012-04-12
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar

[INTERNET] Possible YouTube problems?

Just wanted to ask if anyone has been having problems loading some YouTube videos as of October 15th?

Not sure if this is a routing issue, or if it's something related to my computer itself. (recently did a clean install of Windows)

Just wanted to post this out there, in case it's Cogeco's end.

Cogeco_Peter
join:2012-10-03
Burlington, ON

Cogeco_Peter

We have no reports of issues with YouTube. Normally, if a popular site (like Youtube, Facebook or Reddit) is experiencing issues caused by something on our end we know pretty quickly. That being said, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Have you run a trace route to a video that you are trying to load?

Thanks,
Peter

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

No issues with YouTube here, neither the site nor embedded.

Since you're setup as a YouTube CDN, wouldn't all routes trace to Cogeco?

Cogeco_Peter
Burlington, ON

Cogeco_Peter

said by urbanriot:

Yes you are correct.

The issue has been identified and it is an issue on our end. We are working to resolve this shortly.

Thanks,
Peter
MysticGuitar
join:2012-04-12
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar

said by Cogeco_Peter:

The issue has been identified and it is an issue on our end. We are working to resolve this shortly.

Glad it wasn't me.
Ink
join:2013-08-06
St Catharines, ON

Ink to MysticGuitar

to MysticGuitar
Could this problem be extending to Twitch, or other video streaming sites?

I'm getting very choppy connections.

overclocked0
join:2003-01-07
Hamilton, ON

overclocked0 to MysticGuitar

to MysticGuitar
I have been having problems with YouTube for the past 3-4 weeks. Videos just stop because they stop buffering and I have to refresh the page to get them to play OK. This happens every day.

rlmicrosa
join:2013-11-15
canada

rlmicrosa to Cogeco_Peter

to Cogeco_Peter
Any progress on the resolution ??

Cal
join:2014-04-23

Cal to Cogeco_Peter

to Cogeco_Peter
Eh still not fixed, this is becoming very very annoying :/

How long is this going to take to get fixed?
said by Cogeco_Peter:

said by urbanriot:

Yes you are correct.

Thanks,
Peter

Cal

Cal to Cogeco_Peter

to Cogeco_Peter
said by Cogeco_Peter:

Thanks,
Peter

Been 10 days so need to ask is shortly almost done?

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

Is there a suggested video where a third party can see the issue? I haven't had any Youtube issues since this thread, even when they acknowledged the issue, but maybe I've been viewing shorter ones... ?

Cal

Cal

What happens is you get the round loading circle in the middle of the video but it doesn't load and after a bit you get the message, " an error occurred, please try again later. Learn More". Even the comments below the video do not show up and you just see the spinning loading circle which never stops.

Some videos work some don't. This one amongst others doesn't work for me and I do not think it's on youtubes end.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· zHMhBtf0
said by urbanriot:

Is there a suggested video where a third party can see the issue? I haven't had any Youtube issues since this thread, even when they acknowledged the issue, but maybe I've been viewing shorter ones... ?

rlmicrosa
canada

rlmicrosa

The video you posted was not working for me.
And 1 hour later, it's now working.

Maybe the server has now cached the file ???

I would really appreciate a follow-up from Cogeco on this.
Because the technical phone support said they was no problem on their side.

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by rlmicrosa:

Maybe the server has now cached the file ???

I was wondering the same so I sought out some big videos that there's no way anyone on Cogeco would care for and I didn't experience the issue.

Very strange that I can't reproduce the issue but you guys are experiencing it...

I wonder, do you get advertisements preceding the clips that don't work during the odd times the adverts play?

overclocked0
Hamilton, ON

1 edit

overclocked0

That Journey video worked for me and I don't see ads because I have Adblock+. Youtube routinely downgrades me to 240p and if I override it and set to 360 or 480p there is a good chance the video will just stop. Usually if I want 480p+ I will have to download the video first so I can see it.

Cal

Cal to MysticGuitar

to MysticGuitar
I use FF and have adblockplus too and video wasn't working for me for that last week or two but tonight it is, as well as the other videos like

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Ag_yWsq8
which were kaput till tonight.

Only checked out a couple videos but seems cogeco might have fixed the problem!

overclocked0
Hamilton, ON

1 edit

to MysticGuitar
Both my laptops are still having youtube problems, they play for 1:30-3min and stop and I have to refresh the page. This was not happening a month ago and I haven't changed anything in the computers just keep everything up to date. YT auto defaults to 360p, it's not like I'm trying to watch HD. I stopped using the OpenDNS sever so I'll see if that makes a difference. Before this would only happen when using a WiFi hotspot like coffee shop but this shouldn't be happening with Ult 55 speeds.

rlmicrosa
canada

rlmicrosa

The problem is very random on my side...

Is there any way to have a follow up from Cogeco ???

Cogeco_Peter
Burlington, ON

Cogeco_Peter

said by rlmicrosa:

The problem is very random on my side...

Is there any way to have a follow up from Cogeco ???

My apologies, I was on vacation for the better part of last week and missed the updates on this thread. I have confirmed that the issue we were experiencing with website performance (including streaming Youtube videos) was corrected on October 18th.

If you are still seeing intermittent issues and have attempted direct to your modem (to ensure it's not a network issue) I would recommend calling into our tech line at 1-866-774-8888. Ask them to open a ticket.

Thanks,
Peter

overclocked0
Hamilton, ON

to MysticGuitar
I saw on some firefox/waterfox forums that some people had youtube problems with V32.03. I upgraded to V33.0 but still had issues I dumped it for Palemoon now everything is fine.