Search similar:

uniqs
Madtown
Premium Member
join:2008-04-26
93637-2905

Madtown

Premium Member

Pre-Owned PS4 at GameStop. Should I or not?

»www.gamestop.com/ps4/con ··· d/112927

Every time I buy a new console I have always brought it brand new, but this time I would like to buy it pre-owned from Game Stop (if you have found a better store to buy it from, feel free to post it here) What I want to know if why would you buy it pre-owned and why not? What's the pros and cons of buying a pre own PS4 from GameStop?

journeysquid
join:2014-08-01

1 recommendation

journeysquid

No one's turning in a PS4 to Gamestop already unless there's something wrong with it and they can't get warranty support.

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

said by journeysquid:

No one's turning in a PS4 to Gamestop already unless there's something wrong with it and they can't get warranty support.

Im sure there are people out there who return it for other reasons..

Anyway how much are you saving from buying it pre-owned as compared to new? Not much, I would just buy it brand new.

journeysquid
join:2014-08-01

journeysquid

Good point, it may be stolen.

madmike
join:2012-03-19
Waterfall, PA

madmike to Madtown

to Madtown
People get hard up for cash i bet thats it..... but seriously i cant imagine your saving that much over a new one that would justify the chance that your getting someone elses problem.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by madmike:

People get hard up for cash i bet thats it..... but seriously i cant imagine your saving that much over a new one that would justify the chance that your getting someone elses problem.

Maybe, but GameStop usually lowballs the hell out of you on purchases. Most people usually would post it up on Craigslist, or on eBay.

Bottom line, I wouldn't buy it. Check Craigslist for a good deal.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to journeysquid

Premium Member

to journeysquid
said by journeysquid:

Good point, it may be stolen.

Nah they are like pawn shop and have a holding period 30 days to see if it comes up stolen

gamestop would be SOL if it does, item is then returned to the actual owner

unless the original owner had insurance pay out then they get to keep it

IT Guy
Ow, My Balls
Premium Member
join:2004-07-29
Las Cruces, NM
Cisco ASA 5505
Cisco Meraki MX64

IT Guy to Madtown

Premium Member

to Madtown
Most of the pre-owned games I see being sold at Game Stop aren't marked down nearly enough for me to consider purchasing used. Maybe some of the older games or games they've got a huge stock of are lower, but the majority of the used games I'd consider purchasing are maybe only $10 less than new. Not worth it for me, I'd stick with new. /2cents

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to Madtown

Premium Member

to Madtown
Game Stop is nothing but a bunch of rip off artists. So they're selling a used PS4 for 20 bucks less than a new one.
Just get a new one. The 20 dollars you'd be saving doesn't justify buying used.
»www.bestbuy.com/site/son ··· p=1&lp=1

At least with a new one you KNOW no one messed with it. You know you have a warranty. And you know, there aren't any critters living in it (bed bugs, roaches, etc.)

Just as buying a used game from them. ...4 dollars off a new game isn't exactly a savings considering the game could be scratched, codes for DLC would have been used.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

I agree with the guys above. The used discount at Gamestop is really small and doesn't justify taking whatever risk there is to buy used. If you're spending several hundred dollars, spend the extra 20 and get a new one.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to Madtown

Premium Member

to Madtown
I'm thinking the dude probably already bought the thing.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

On the upside I got a Gamestop survey in my e-mail the other day and got to tell them exactly why I don't shop there anymore.

I'm sure it fell on deaf ears but it was nice to articulate the fact that the only thing they had going for them over their competitors was local in-stock items and they ruined that by obnoxiously trying to sell me every pre-order in existence every time I checked out. Cathartic.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

1 recommendation

onebadmofo

Premium Member

I hated going in there when I was younger, looking to trade in games only to get a garbage price for them. And then you look and notice the same game that you're trading in, is being sold in their used shelf for double than what their giving you for it.

It's then when I said screw that shit. They're giving me 10 bucks for a game that is maybe 6 months old. And then they turn around and sell it for $45 to $49 to some unsuspecting sucker.
They could easily offer you 35 to 40 for it. But nope...they have make a killing off of it.

And then when I started not buying used from them, they would offer the used one of what I was buying with 5% off of another. 5% isn't shit... off of anything unless it's someone offering you 5% of a million dollars. So that never enticed me either.

Basically I stopped going to them all together. I don't even walk in there to see what is new. I'll just go online and browse BestBuy.

Game Stop can eat a dick.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Only time I really go to GameStop is if I will get a pre-order because there's some kind of exclusive DLC content that you can get for free by pre-ordering from them. Other than that I'll go to my local comic book/game store and buy games they're not pay any tax.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

I usually just order from Amazon with release day delivery, it's waiting for me when I get home for work. For games I'm not sure of I'll rent, and for older games you can't beat a Steam sale for PC. No reason to go to Gamestop at all for me anymore. If I want something NOW I'll go to every other store before I hit gamestop.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Only reason I go to GameStop is for the exclusive preorder DLC content I get for free. That's it.
Madtown
Premium Member
93637-2905

Madtown to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
said by onebadmofo:

I'm thinking the dude probably already bought the thing.

No

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

Good. Don't.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
said by onebadmofo:

It's then when I said screw that shit. They're giving me 10 bucks for a game that is maybe 6 months old. And then they turn around and sell it for $45 to $49 to some unsuspecting sucker.

The only suckers are the ones that pay $59.99+ for a brand new game and then sell it back to a store for $10 a couple of months later.
quote:
They could easily offer you 35 to 40 for it. But nope...they have make a killing off of it.
Make a killing off it? You DO know how business works right? They have expenses to pay for, and buying a game they could potentially SIT on for months, to make $5 on is a foolish thing to do. YOU wouldn't do that, so why should they? That's why they give you $10 and sell it for $40. You gotta make it worth your while to do the whole used thing, because you may NEVER sell it. Sell it yourself on ebay or craigslist and pocket the whole thing.... well, minus selling fees.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by captokita:

said by onebadmofo:

The only suckers are the ones that pay $59.99+ for a brand new game and then sell it back to a store for $10 a couple of months later.
quote:
Make a killing off it? You DO know how business works right? They have expenses to pay for, and buying a game they could potentially SIT on for months, to make $5 on is a foolish thing to do. YOU wouldn't do that, so why should they? That's why they give you $10 and sell it for $40. You gotta make it worth your while to do the whole used thing, because you may NEVER sell it. Sell it yourself on ebay or craigslist and pocket the whole thing.... well, minus selling fees.

Yeah yeah yeah...I heard all that before. One difference I would take is...I wouldn't sell that game for 5 dollars less than a new game. I would sell it for at LEAST 10 dollars less if even less. It is after all USED, with possible scratches, an invalid/used code to download DLC.
It's all bullshit. And I choose to not fall for it.
Kiwi88
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Bryant, AR

Kiwi88 to Madtown

Premium Member

to Madtown
I know this is a little old, but Newegg is selling a new PS4 (multiple numbers available) for $379.00. At first I resisted because the Egg would not list this on their own site, but finally broke down and bought one yesterday. Apparently good for the next nine days.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

Somebody here got one for 400 it included The Last of Us Remastered and GTA 5. I think it was on Amazon.
Madtown
Premium Member
93637-2905

Madtown

Premium Member

said by onebadmofo:

Somebody here got one for 400 it included The Last of Us Remastered and GTA 5. I think it was on Amazon.

It's not $400 anymore on Amazon. But at Gamestop it still is $400.