Search similar:

uniqs
verix
join:2004-12-30
Oakland, CA

2 edits

verix

A SIP client with call recording

I'm still looking for the definitive desktop SIP client for Windows and still come up short after many years. It should support:

- direct SIP calling (send & receive)
- call recording
- light resource usage

Does such a program exist for free? Jitsi is pretty close but doesn't support direct SIP, likewise with 3CXPhone.

Edit: I realize having direct SIP could be construed as avoiding the providers, but it sounds trivial to offer these basic functions. MicroSIP would be perfect except for the lack of recording.
bw5745
join:2014-03-14

bw5745

I tried Phonerlite a few versions ago. It supports call recording. I don't know about the other features.

»phonerlite.de/index_en.htm
verix
Oakland, CA

verix

Mein gott! I had no idea that PhonerLite had call recording. The function is quite hidden. One has to right-click on the call within the call list and then choose 'Record'. It then saves it in a WAV file in a folder named 'recording' within the program's directory. Yes, PhonerLite supports direct SIP as well. Thank you bw5745!
smackYYZ
join:2010-03-31
Brampton, ON

1 recommendation

smackYYZ to verix

to verix
If you want flexibility and aren't afraid of complexity take a look at the freeswitch windows client [url]»wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki ··· nt[/url].

It works as a sip client but is really a full pbx under the covers with a gui to give sip client functionality.
verix
Oakland, CA

verix

It looks like PhonerLite has no ability to make direct SIP calls. I've been trying to call via Anveo Direct to no avail. Calling "sip:[PREFIX][NUMBER]@sbc.anveo.com" doesn't seem to work.

Thanks smackYYZ, I will check out FSClient.
VoIP2Go
join:2013-12-14

VoIP2Go to verix

to verix
Check out Express Talk from nch.com.au
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO to verix

Premium Member

to verix
said by verix:

It looks like PhonerLite has no ability to make direct SIP calls.

It's not correct. PhonerLite (v2.17 here at this time) does support direct SIP calls. I've just made a test call using (as an example) this "number": 8009505555@tf.callwithus.com
verix
Oakland, CA

verix

Thanks. When I tried Express Talk earlier this year, it kept crashing on my computer unfortunately.

OZO, would you be using PhonerLite with a SIP provider? My client is not set to register to anywhere (my case is more accurately "registrarless" direct SIP calling).
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO

Premium Member

When I said direct call, I mean there is no SIP provider in the middle. So, it's "registrarless" direct SIP calling. Configuration tabs are set:
• Server -- all values are empty (including "Register" - unchecked)
• User -- "User name"=100@domain.tld; "Phone number"=2223334444 (to check how how TF service reports CID back). Rest fields are empty
• Network -- all default settings

topgun
join:2011-01-31

topgun to verix

to verix
any version of »www.counterpath.com/x-lite has it as well Used them since the beginning never let me down.