spc
Search similar:

uniqs

SmartGal
@72.27.229.x

SmartGal

Anon

Department of Health and Human Services Grant Scam

My fiancee just received a call yesterday (10/16/14) supposedly from the US Dept. of Health and Human Services in Washington D.C. telling him that he was being awarded a $14,000.00 grant for paying taxes on time and not having a criminal record. Thank God I happened to walk in the door from work before he gave them any information because he was pulling out his checkbook to look for his account number when I walked into the bedroom and asked who he was talking to. He put it on speakerphone and it was sort of funny listening to this man get desperate trying to get any personal info possible. After I said "Wake up honey, this is a scam!" he told the guy that he wasn't at home and didn't have his account number on him. The man said "oh, that's okay your visa or mastercard number will work just fine." When we wouldn't give that up either he begged for a Social Security Number then A Driver's License Number. We told them we wanted to check them out and we were given a number to his manager. The number we were given is (202) 738-4264. We have recently began to get an overwhelming number of these calls trying to get our personal info and I believe it all started when my fiancee looked into getting a loan from this online loan company. (Sorry don't remember the name of the loan company off the top of my head). These men that call all have a foreign accent but they give typical American names such as Ray Johnson. I believe the same people that are tied in with the phony loan company are the same people that called today pretending to be with the Dept.of Health & Human Services. Does anyone know what number to call to get on the National DO NOT CALL LIST? Will these foreign scammers actually stop calling if we are placed on the Do Not Call List? I sure hope so, they are driving us nuts! Everyone Beware!!!!

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by SmartGal :

Does anyone know what number to call to get on the National DO NOT CALL LIST? Will these foreign scammers actually stop calling if we are placed on the Do Not Call List? I sure hope so, they are driving us nuts!

The Do no call registry information is below:

»www.donotcall.gov/

As for will being on the list stop scammers? Doubtful. If they are not afraid to steal ID information and face the laws in place for ID theft, why would the be afraid of a fine? Even worse if they are foreign in origin they most likely can't even be fined.

Looks like the 202 number is showing up from several people getting the scam call:

»800notes.com/Phone.aspx/ ··· 738-4264